Retiring from the game Special mini event giveaway

Ragol99

This is a great idea in principal, but the restrictions make it available to only a few. I did have 3 godricks and some neg stats weapons but I saw no point in keeping them (although when they got dumped, I did say to myself that i'd regret it!). PPP mags are straightforward to come by and FTD is doable but again it's another barrier to entry.

I don't think a large portion of the community will have OBS (or any other recording software), although that's less of a issue.

It's your event and you're free to do whatever you see fit, and I don't want to seem rude, I'm just offering my opinion (as I'd really like to win some gear!!)

If you could ease the entry restrictions to cater to more people that would be awesome - you could still make it super hard in other ways if that's your plan.

Whatever, it's cool that you're doing something with your gear rather than letting disappear in to the ether. Good luck to you :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starscreme said:

This is a great idea in principal, but the restrictions make it available to only a few. I did have 3 godricks and some neg stats weapons but I saw no point in keeping them (although when they got dumped, I did say to myself that i'd regret it!). PPP mags are straightforward to come by and FTD is doable but again it's another barrier to entry.

I don't think a large portion of the community will have OBS (or any other recording software), although that's less of a issue.

It's your event and you're free to do whatever you see fit, and I don't want to seem rude, I'm just offering my opinion (as I'd really like to win some gear!!)

If you could ease the entry restrictions to cater to more people that would be awesome - you could still make it super hard in other ways if that's your plan.

Whatever, it's cool that you're doing something with your gear rather than letting disappear in to the ether. Good luck to you :D

It's actually super easy to record gameplay. I've used stuff like camstudio, bandicam, fraps (there's a way to get the full version for free) and maybe others which are free to download and easy to use. Even though my laptop is crap it works fine. It's probably more effort to download and play pso on ultima, than it is to record what's playing on your screen. I can help people out if needed too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PSOAddict said:

I'm sorry you're leaving D: I will participate though

Good to know and good luck when it begins stay tuned for further details then!:) I'll be making a list before hand once I get enough interested people and am ready to start it. Just to verify nobody backs out at the last minute so enough people to make it fun.

Just now, O9B066 said:

ok, im going to try this.

15i3udg.jpg

Alright your list of tasks to complete is as follows

1. Clear all of seabed on ultimate solo
  2. Clear east and west tower quests solo on ultimate
  3. Clear Temple on ultimate solo without dying (if you die you must restart the entire temple from scratch in a new room)
  4. Clear malicious uprising #2 solo
  5. Clear episode 4 ultimate solo every area
  6. Clear Wrath of the forest on ultimate solo
  7. Clear Caverns of gloom solo on ultimate
  8. Find a rappys beak and take a screenshot of it
  9. Complete todays rate on ultimate solo
  10. Win 1 battle mode match against anyone and post the winning screenshot

Just now, Ragol99 said:

Alright your list of tasks to complete is as follows

1. Clear all of seabed on ultimate solo
  2. Clear east and west tower quests solo on ultimate
  3. Clear Temple on ultimate solo without dying (if you die you must restart the entire temple from scratch in a new room)
  4. Clear malicious uprising #2 solo
  5. Clear episode 4 ultimate solo every area
  6. Clear Wrath of the forest on ultimate solo
  7. Clear Caverns of gloom solo on ultimate
  8. Find a rappys beak and take a screenshot of it
  9. Complete todays rate on ultimate solo
  10. Win 1 battle mode match against anyone and post the winning screenshot

bruh...ima die on each one of those, with this bumb gear except maybe the battle.

welp, ill try it out

9 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

bruh...ima die on each one of those, with this bumb gear except maybe the battle.

welp, ill try it out

Not so sure on tower quests and a couple others but if its doable I'll leave them in. If not I'll have to make it a bit easier yeah.

You can use one weapon from the list directly below rules on top of the ones on the list as well as any non rare weapons or common drops you feel up to using for weapons

keep in mind you can use any common weapons with any stats for this as mentioned in Rule #5

Edited by Ragol99

3 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

also, i did a 7 min run to test recorder, it was 370 mb, tried to upload, and it failed...i have 100/20 internet so thats not the issue.

where to upload these?

Hm that poses a valid question if you can't upload it directly here might have to send me the video or upload somewhere else.  Not sure if discord lets you send but if so you can add me on that and see if you can put a link for it somehow. Might have to determine a place to upload videos before this starts if people have issues posting here directly...

Edited by Ragol99

ill use google drive ive uploaded 1 gig files in under a hour so...but 78 mins in i got 2 rooms cleared, these will be big files... this is tough ima re go at it, Cant figure out OBS since i have 3 monitors, idk what one its recording so i have to get this recording fixed first.

Just now, O9B066 said:

ill use google drive ive uploaded 1 gig files in under a hour so...but 78 mins in i got 2 rooms cleared, these will be big files... this is tough ima re go at it, Cant figure out OBS since i have 3 monitors, idk what one its recording so i have to get this recording fixed first.

Yeah no problem take your time. Just let me know we'll sort this out here then might have to come up with a place to upload these for people when this starts regardless. Open to suggestions but the sheer length of them given the snails pace due to gear hm

1 minute ago, O9B066 said:

only thing i can think is stream, and youd have to watch, thats alot of time...idk ill get mine uploaded to drive but theres ppl who take 6 months to get into a room, more less upload a video lol

Yeah way this is headed I'll probably be launching the event once everything is sorted out here when I have a good week or 2 free time for it. Might have to watch streams I don't know how people will upload all of it. We'll see from some of these early tests how it works out and determine what to do.