I cant launch the game :(

13 hours ago, Protoss said:

google "dep exception list windows 10"  then first link about ---   online-tech-tips.com/windows.../disable-turn-off-dep  --- it says how to turn it off step by step with images.

I saw that, but didn't want to disable entirely if it can be done via exceptions.  After more research, it's looking like windows 10 is all or nothing for DEP.  I'll give it a shot!

Got the game working! sort of!

I can get it to launch do character creation, enter lobbies, and perform unarmed combat on my new RACast.  However, when I equipped my starting gun and went to fire, the game keeps crashing.  I can use my traps without issue, but I'm unable to fire.  I have the option for crash dump file checked, but the file isn't being generated.  When the crash happens, it's accompanied by a Windows pop-up stating "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've got it set to run as administrator (launcher and psobb.exe) already.  Would launching in compatibility mode with a previous version of windows help the problem?

7 minutes ago, ccbm71586 said:

Got the game working! sort of!

I can get it to launch do character creation, enter lobbies, and perform unarmed combat on my new RACast.  However, when I equipped my starting gun and went to fire, the game keeps crashing.  I can use my traps without issue, but I'm unable to fire.  I have the option for crash dump file checked, but the file isn't being generated.  When the crash happens, it's accompanied by a Windows pop-up stating "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've got it set to run as administrator (launcher and psobb.exe) already.  Would launching in compatibility mode with a previous version of windows help the problem?

Firing a gun causing a crash sounds like it is a DEP(data execution prevention) error, you'll have to add the game to the windows DEP exceptions.
Here is a short explanation of how to add the game to the exceptions : http://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/sln288643/what-is-data-execution-prevention--dep--?lang=en

Just now, Fyrewolf5 said:

Firing a gun causing a crash sounds like it is a DEP(data execution prevention) error, you'll have to add the game to the windows DEP exceptions.
Here is a short explanation of how to add the game to the exceptions : http://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/sln288643/what-is-data-execution-prevention--dep--?lang=en

I followed the advice earlier in the thread and added the game to the exception list.  I'll try disabling DEP entirely and see if that resolves the issue.  Thanks!

That worked!  Thank you for the help!  Now I can play some PSO after at least a decade of missing this game!!!