New Year Cards

Choko

This event is too broken if you ask me, even after the dark weapon and 80% max edit. Think about it, no wonder PGF is 400 dts i mean you take all the hustle out of finding Good hit/attribute weapons during event. I can just go hunt a 0 hit 0 stat Spread needle/Asteron strker/Red sword/ zanba/excal  ect and spend 30 dts to max items now that are worth 60+dts

I mean you make it to where items have no value besides the hardest of drops because events like this happen, it should of just been a raffle in the first place. or trade NYC for PD 1:1 think about it. don't hate just think about it. This is why pgf/sta go for crazy amounts because they're actually hard drops and not easy to get, well so is a 50 hit lame d argent or a 50 hit Spread needle, till you do event's like this. i know This is an Attribute Event but as important if not more important than hit on some items.  I wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't easy for people to farm 3-6 in a single run that takes 10 minutes then try and charge you 1dt for them? i wish i could make 5dts for every 10 minutes i hunted stuff. I'm just expressing my opinion, no hate please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I like this event. I spent some time farming nyc's in the hope that they would mean something. They could have been worth nothing and I'd have wasted my time but I took a chance and ended up with 89, I wish i'd farmed more! I had no inside information, just what was available to everyone. I think it's a good reward for those who took a gamble.

We don't even know what the prizes are or how many prizes they'll be. Ultima staff are never going to please everyone but in my opinion it's an interesting event.

No one is forcing anyone to pay a certain amount for a NYC, it's the same as every other item, supply and demand.

edit: I can also understand the frustration for those that didn't bother with them. I know all about frustration after so many failed Olga kills!

Edited by starscreme

32 minutes ago, hidden said:

This event is too broken if you ask me, even after the dark weapon and 80% max edit. Think about it, no wonder PGF is 400 dts i mean you take all the hustle out of finding Good hit/attribute weapons during event. I can just go hunt a 0 hit 0 stat Spread needle/Asteron strker/Red sword/ zanba/excal  ect and spend 30 dts to max items now that are worth 60+dts

I mean you make it to where items have no value besides the hardest of drops because events like this happen, it should of just been a raffle in the first place. or trade NYC for PD 1:1 think about it. don't hate just think about it. This is why pgf/sta go for crazy amounts because they're actually hard drops and not easy to get, well so is a 50 hit lame d argent or a 50 hit Spread needle, till you do event's like this. i know This is an Attribute Event but as important if not more important than hit on some items.  I wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't easy for people to farm 3-6 in a single run that takes 10 minutes then try and charge you 1dt for them? i wish i could make 5dts for every 10 minutes i hunted stuff. I'm just expressing my opinion, no hate please

Events are what this server is based off. That's what separates it from other servers. For better or for worse. All events are broken. There's super rare stuff worth a lot that only drops during events that's worth significantly more than what drops outside of the events. You could spend 100 hours hunting lame d argent outside of events and not profit that much, but if you put those 100 hours towards hunting event items during events you'll likely profit significantly more. That's the way Ultima has always been. Happy hours polarizes this even further (for better or worse).

so you can play here for 5 years have the same gear as someone who played for 1 year? Hmm nice economy, that gives no respect to the Vets who HUNTED Many runs to get Excals with stats Spread needles with stats,  TJS with stats  Heaven striker with stats. It makes the WHOLE hustle for  PGF/ sta Harder because you can have Near maxed stats for dirt cheap. @tru

• Like 1

Just now, hidden said:

so you can play here for 5 years have the same gear as someone who played for 1 year? Hmm nice economy, that gives no respect to the Vets who HUNTED Many runs to get Excals with stats Spread needles with stats,  TJS with stats  Heaven striker with stats. It makes the WHOLE hustle for  PGF/ sta Harder because you can have Near maxed stats for dirt cheap. @tru

It actually favors vets because events only happen once a year and those are the most profitable times of the years. The non-vets struggle to keep up because they have to wait until the next event to profit at a greater rate.

22 minutes ago, starscreme said:

I can also understand the frustration for those that didn't bother with them.

Still Larva hinted you all in the event topic.

Anyway, attribute event was my idea so if anyone has a problem with that, blame me. Not other GMs.

• Like 7

Vets actually hunted for items with % so how does that favor us?, it's more like we wasted our time, we could of just waited on one of these events to add stats to our 0-0-0-0-0 items 

for cheap . so you can make a 80-0-0-80  excalibur with 1 hour of hunting, but finding a excal with those stats would be NEARLY impossible and take almost thousands of runs

4 minutes ago, hidden said:

Vets actually hunted for items with % so how does that favor us?, it's more like we wasted our time, we could of just waited on one of these events to add stats to our 0-0-0-0-0 items 

for cheap . so you can make a 80-0-0-80  excalibur with 1 hour of hunting, but finding a excal with those stats would be NEARLY impossible and take almost thousands of runs

It would be silly to add stats to a blank weapon like excalibur. A vet who has good stat weapons (around 50 in 2 stats and hit) will be able to max them. There's no way you'll be able to find a maxed lame d argent by hunting so it does benefit vets more.

Edited by tru

I'm just calling it now, watch PGF/STA get Higher and higher in price and watch maxed out weapons go for cheaper and cheaper

If there was better limitations to this event i could understand like maybe a certain Weapon can only get 40% max PER weapon but you can add 160% like nothing and i feel like that isn't fair. Sorry for rant i just like playing here and this makes me feel like it does worse for the server than good. I know other servers had problems where items got WAY to common and WAY to cheap. even if they were hard to hunt themselves. Rant over

@tru Please think about this clearly. i don't think you're getting this idea

Example

For argument sake both excaliburs will have 50 hit

Excalibur 1 : 0-0-0-0-50     25dts

Excalibur 2 80-0-0-80-50   60 dts

See the price difference? 

and all that took was 80 NYC

How long does it take to hunt 80 NYC?

5 NYC = 10 minutes

10 NYC = 20 minutes

80 NYC =  2 HR 40Mins

So with 80 NYC profit ATLEAST 35dts = 233pds 

so for 2 hours and 40 minutes hunting NYC

you can get 233pds ( that's almost 1pd a min )

The problem with this is, it's converting into % and not Pd's

now all those hard items are easier to come by and trade for

making the harder DROP RATE items even harder to get because all items that drop (even without stats) are easy to add stats too.

This MAJORLY effects the economy of PSOBB

I don't agree with Hit event either. 

but i feel this is more broken than Pd event

Summary:

where does the value of our gear sit at if stats and hit are so easily able to come by?

Value lies in the difficulty getting the item  (or in other words drop rate) and not what stats the item has?  This will make PGF /STA  (items that stats dont matter) even more expensive. Making the items where stats are important and hard to find, cheaper to make, and easier to find.

Edited by hidden
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Still Larva hinted you all in the event topic.

Anyway, attribute event was my idea so if anyone has a problem with that, blame me. Not other GMs.

I blame you for everything good sir. I hope all the wonderful things happen to you and no one else. That you live a happy and prosperous life for as long as you’re allowed on this earth. That will be your curse :cr-bad-luck:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, hidden said:

@tru Please think about this clearly. i don't think you're getting this idea

Example

For argument sake both excaliburs will have 50 hit

Excalibur 1 : 0-0-0-0-50     25dts

Excalibur 2 80-0-0-80-50   60 dts

See the price difference? 

and all that took was 80 NYC

How long does it take to hunt 80 NYC?

5 NYC = 10 minutes

10 NYC = 20 minutes

80 NYC =  2 HR 40Mins

So with 80 NYC profit ATLEAST 35dts = 233pds 

so for 2 hours and 40 minutes hunting NYC

you can get 233pds ( that's almost 1pd a min )

The problem with this is, it's converting into % and not Pd's

now all those hard items are easier to come by and trade for

making the harder DROP RATE items even harder to get because all items that drop (even without stats) are easy to add stats too.

This MAJORLY effects the economy of PSOBB

I don't agree with Hit event either. 

but i feel this is more broken than Pd event

Summary:

where does the value of our gear sit at if stats and hit are so easily able to come by?

Value lies in the difficulty getting the item  (or in other words drop rate) and not what stats the item has?  This will make PGF /STA  (items that stats dont matter) even more expensive. Making the items where stats are important and hard to find, cheaper to make, and easier to find.

What makes you think I don't understand how NYCs are profitable when I've stated it outright?

The main reason PDs have value is because they add stats to weapons. NYC add stats too. NYC are essentially pds. You think putting more currency into the economy will increase the price of STA and PGF. I think you're overestimating how many people have lots of NYCs. The past 3 hit events added even more currency into the economy ans PGFs price has been steady. If you need proof I can show you where people were buying sta and pgf for 350 dts a year ago.

Your assessment that value lies in the drop chance of an item as opposed to the stats it has when it drops is non-sense. Finding an item with good stats is a matter of drop chance anyways.

Could you please keep the giant font and capital letters to a minimum? It's making this conversation unbearable.

I kind of feel like we're going in circles anyways. You're saying the events leads to great profit and I agree. I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you do. 

It's totally fine if you don't like events that let people profit significantly. I'm just saying that's the nature of Ultima and it's odd that you're having such a problem with this now when this is what you signed up for.

• Like 1

Yes, it is "cheap" to add attributes with the New Year Cards ... But that is the point, otherwise that event (and NYC) would be kinda worthless.

Yes, New year cards were an easy hunt, but now tell me how many people bothered hunting them all the event? Can you still hunt them? No, it was limited on time, most people were busy hunting PGF instead and once you used them all, it's over. While you could still quadral log WOI, get ~2PD every 2 minutes, make photon sphere and max your weapons all year long.

Some people farmed more than 200 NYC. Good for them, they didn't waste their time in MA4DMD for nothing. I have more than 29 maxed weapons, and got all of them with trades, PS and DTs. So maxing 2 other ones means not a lot to me for a one life time thing.

While I knew what was going on with NYC, I only farmed 28 of them this year.

This event is unique, it is the first (and maybe the last) time we do that, so you wanna use your NYC on a 0/0/0/0/50 Excalibur? Fine but choose carefully as it is probably the last time you max the item of your choice with NYC.

Is it the reason of PGF being overpriced? No. Whatever we do, they keep being overcharged. Even after Larva's extra PGF days with a 1/68 rate during HH and 4P 90% DAR. Yeah still, that is RNG and you are not guaranteed to get one, just like almost everything in this game.

Also, if that doesn't please you, you could still spend all your NYC in the raffle. Who knows if there is a PGF in the prizes?

Edited by R-78
  • Like 5