A NEW HUNTING SYSTEM

hidden

A NEW HUNTING SYSTEM

Hi, as a long time Vet of this server, There has been many nice changes including, new items, Better drop tables, and more friendlier players, But one thing i would love to see is a new Feature Added to Those "dedicated" players who spent Hundreds of Hours hunting The best of the Best items. As a player who has Put in 5,000 Hours Hunting items during event i'd like to introduce a New Idea! 

I think we should have a new System or a feature called a Drop counter

So when players who does a Certain number of runs get the Rare drop they are looking for.

EXAMPLE:

Let's say that Parasite Gene Flow is a 1/250 drop

Those players who complete the Full 250 Olga flow runs. 

(IF you didn't get the item your hunting Already, you get one by Default ( as a reward for your dedication and hard work Hunting)

WHY I THINK THIS WORKS
*90% of players will not actually complete the full number of runs even if it was guaranteed because of the Large number of Hours it would take to manage that*

*Players have no valid argument for not having the item, it's simply because they didn't want to put in the effort for the hunt to get all  the runs done.*

WHY I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

I think this is a good idea because it will help those dedicated players who put in constant non stop effort for Items that they never get no matter how many runs you complete.

I believe this is a good idea because there are many people who get turned away from the game after event's because their was no reward for their nonstop grind and time wasted.

So i ask for all my people of Ultima to Help me make this a reality! I know i can't be the only person who is upset with doing countless runs hunting with no assurance that i will ever get the item! If were going to spend A major amount of time of our life hunting items on this server there should be a fair system to secure drops for players. Give me feedback On if you like the idea or why it doesn't seem like a good idea. All feedback if appreciated, and have a Happy day Hunting !

• Like 3

Of coarse people agree with wanting this who haven't gotten drops. I bitch and moab about this alot but I also understand employing this would be near impossible. The last year I've been here you know how many posts such as this happen? 

I'm Not complaining or Blaming anyone for not getting items, when you play this game you make a choice, i'm just saying an idea that would Literally make this Server Bigger with more players. and Make us even more unqiue as a server, something that would take other players from servers and bring them here!

As a long term gamer in general, there is a system similar to this idea in Diablo 3 during a patch but a stream lined version of this, if someone didn't get a legendary for a while, slowly the drop rate gets better, think it was dependent on being in combat or whatnot, harder to implement and easy to exploited in PSO if not done completely right, but there's just an example there anyways.

I can't remember where specifically, or seen a few similar but the idea of adding another drop from Olga also that could be redeemed as say "raffle tickets"? in a way easier to implement, similar to the almost 2 dozen tablets I've kept in my bank for little reason :P, but something commonish like that on Olga also.

• Like 1

It sounds nice in theory, but it's not necessarily practical.

That would mean having to record how many times someone has killed a specific enemy while an event is active, and also record how many of the drop they have picked up so far. How is that going to be stored? Is it going to be character based or account based? If it's going to only happen IF you haven't gotten one yet, then what's going to happen with multiple accounts (does it have to be stored as 'rare drop roll succeeded' rather than 'banner acquired' to get around that?)? If we try to store it in a players' account flags, will it break other things?

I do like the idea in general, but I seriously question the feasibility of adding it in this case. If I was designing a new game, I would seriously consider how to do such a thing; however most games don't do this for a reason. The closest I've seen in a very very few handful of games is minute dynamic adjustment (i.e. if you are ahead or behind of expected rate of say, critical hits or drops or something, then it *slightly* increases/decreases your chances by like 1% until you hit the rate; but I've never seen one 'guarantee' a drop). But this isn't a new game, this is a really old game that we have to struggle to fit new things into as is. When Soly finishes working on Aselia maybe it'll be easier to add some stuff, but I'm still unsure if this would be something possible then, he would be able to answer with more technical expertise on how feasible it would be to do something like this.

• Like 3

The difference between this game and many other games is, big bosses have high drop of anything good, but low on specific things so even if the one thing doesn't drop it's rewarding in running a lot, which I understand is difficult in PSO since it's very "specific mobs drop these things at this rate", but just on Olga, if you don't get the specific drop it's really unrewarding experience. What if chance of drop lucky token for the roulette thing?

Rng is the only way, too many ways around everything else #loopholes

If this was implemented= psoaddict and I would team up to run seabed up to olga 10 times, then load 4toons into each game, get 4xcounters x 10

Even if it was drop based you could split work with someone and get like 10 olga kills an hour.

Plus this game was just fine back in vanilla days pre y2k

Edited by CannaBeast
  • Like 2

If I were making the feature, these would be the things that would need to be defined first.

1. If an item drops in a room, does it reset for everyone? (only an issue for shared drops I guess)

2. How does one determine when an enemy dies if it should be counted? Do you need to tag it? just be in the same area? just be in the same game? be the one who kills it?

3. Is it account based? character based?

4. Is this only for specific drops? For all rare drops? -- if all drops, then the count would be different based on section id even if the drop is the same from the same enemy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Choko said:

4. Is this only for specific drops? For all rare drops? -- if all drops, then the count would be different based on section id even if the drop is the same from the same enemy.

The quick thought I gave to this, I didn't even realize this....

I am leaning to the no side... either way it would not happen in the current server that's for sure.

No Problem guys, I can answer those questions

1 ( Individual drops only)

2 You could make it an Hunting token ( name it after boss/monster to get name example: Olga token (pgf) ) and it drops this item by default if you don't get the Rare item that drops.

3 Neither, it could be An item that drops everytime if the Item your hunting doesn't drop (doesn't effect Dar because if you were not to get a drop at all, it shouldn't count as a run) (my idea since people like to do 3-4s where DAR is a lot lower.)

4 This system could apply for any major event hunts ( cent battle, Sta, PGF ) ect Not your average hunts, but the hunts that are your hard drops over 1/100.

I know there is a lot of questions that could be asked on how to implement this idea, and i think that a Item drop would be the best instead of creating a counter. Kinda like how tablets drop from gal, just make it 100% of the time and make a new unqiue item called "Pgf token" or Sta token.  it don't have to have any real value, just be able to trade a certain number of them in to get the item you spent time hunting.  With olga flow dropping either pgf /tokens you can save up tokens to prove you did a certan number of tokens. just an Idea  I appreciate Everybody Looking at this post . Thanks for your time.

9 minutes ago, hidden said:

No Problem guys, I can answer those questions

1 ( Individual drops only)

2 You could make it an Hunting token ( name it after boss/monster to get name example: Olga token (pgf) ) and it drops this item by default if you don't get the Rare item that drops.

3 Neither, it could be An item that drops everytime if the Item your hunting doesn't drop (doesn't effect Dar because if you were not to get a drop at all, it shouldn't count as a run) (my idea since people like to do 3-4s where DAR is a lot lower.)

4 This system could apply for any major event hunts ( cent battle, Sta, PGF ) ect Not your average hunts, but the hunts that are your hard drops over 1/100.

I know there is a lot of questions that could be asked on how to implement this idea, and i think that a Item drop would be the best instead of creating a counter. Kinda like how tablets drop from gal, just make it 100% of the time and make a new unqiue item called "Pgf token" or Sta token.  it don't have to have any real value, just be able to trade a certain number of them in to get the item you spent time hunting.  With olga flow dropping either pgf /tokens you can save up tokens to prove you did a certan number of tokens. just an Idea  I appreciate Everybody Looking at this post . Thanks for your time.

I don't know if I like that idea. That means replacing the actual pgf drop itself, which means no one could get one before they had that many tokens. People would also only try to buy everyone else's tokens rather than doing runs themselves. Probability math says that more people are going to find a pgf in under the rate of runs than people that have to go over the rate, but doing it like that would mean nobody would ever get one in under the rate. This would actually make pgf harder to get overall, not easier.