Xbox One controller issues (connected through USB)

You was trying to use a xbox one controller in Windows 7??

windows 8 or 10?

Are you  trying to use the controller with the USB cable or with the wireless?

Edited by Ana G.5
14 hours ago, Ana G.5 said:

You was trying to use a xbox one controller in Windows 7??

windows 8 or 10?

Are you  trying to use the controller with the USB cable or with the wireless?

I'm using a raspberry Pi loaded with unix thats emulating windows ME, hooked up through a USB to 1/4 inch microphone jack, submitting morse code for each button press which is then parsed and interpreted by a virtual machine remotely on my Tallahassee node which is then relayed through the Helsinki hub, and retransmitted via satellite phone to a receiver module that is connected to my bitbean gpu mining rack controlled by my laptop.

Edited by darinw2016
EDIT: oh yes, and the laptop is using windows 10
Typically I have to make sure the controller is recognized as controller 1 (as indicated by the LEDs on the controller) prior to launching the game.  Otherwise, I have had no issues.  But if you launch the game before the controller is recognized, you're gonna have a bad time.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg&key=b0b466f4fe074eeaa9c4d938e2e0c6391e6e510f2e65a3f50b0c39547eba9282
That's exactly what my problem was when I had this issue

If nothing else, I suggest downloading the program joy-to-key. I actually recommend it anyways, as it'll allow extra buttons to be used. Helpful for the hotkeys you can assign [emoji106]

• 1 year later...

I had the SAME Issue and solved It!

I have an XBox 360 Wired Controller. The Controller led always displayed it as the first controller but i had some other Human Interface Devices (HID) installed which the Game thought to be the first controller.
You can start the Game with any Controller, but only the first one is responsible for navigation in the Menu, there for i could always get to the main menu, but never got to the character screen.
I found out about this with the Software "x360ce", which listed all enabled controllers and their order.
The Software has a button on the bottom left, where you're able to see all controller HID's.
Disable the HID's, which are'nt your controller and it should set your game controller to the first place, after this you could enable the disabled HID's again or let them turned off completly.

I hope i could help someone in dire need ^^