Ultima Christmas Event 2017

Larva

Has new year's card been confirmed on any other ID or from any other enemy? Should we just assume only whitill gets it :"L

11 minutes ago, tru said:

Has new year's card been confirmed on any other ID or from any other enemy? Should we just assume only whitill gets it :"L

You can also get them from barba ray on ult with yellowboze. Last year dorphon eclair dropped them for redria on ult, but I have not confirmed it this year.Ā 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Shin said:

You can also get them from barba ray on ult with yellowboze. Last year dorphon eclair dropped them for redria on ult, but I have not confirmed it this year.Ā 

Ooo thank you very much. That's much easier.

Greenill: Dark Falz Ultimate dropped new years card for me

Is there going to be anything worth hunting after PGF stops dropping that a person could hunt with the intention of selling? I've obtained most of these items in previous years and the only ones somewhat easy to sell are RM and Girasole which drop easier in other events. Are there other obtainable items not listed in the event like nakas business card?

To my knowledge, nothing new this event. Rambling may and girasole are the main drops people hunt outside of PGF. DF shield is also exclusive to this event and used to be valuable (though I'm out of touch with item prices). Remember tension blaster creates morolian blaster as well, and that drops from this event.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tru said:

Is there going to be anything worth hunting after PGF stops dropping that a person could hunt with the intention of selling? I've obtained most of these items in previous years and the only ones somewhat easy to sell are RM and Girasole which drop easier in other events. Are there other obtainable items not listed in the event like nakas business card?

No

• Thanks 1

So what is the point of this event if you get 100+Ā kills with zero drops? What possible motivation is there to stick around for another year for the same abuse? It is especially disheartening to see many other random party members find pgf and banners for pgf popping up several times every happy hour only to end up empty handed.Ā 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hidden said:

There isn't i'm probably just going to leave as soon as pgf is over and i realized i wasted 200 25 min runs of my life for nada. go try out pso2 and see what that's about

I played PSO2 for years and got burned out on that.Ā Sadly in PSO2 I would at least have gotten collection files completed for all the time put into running EQs even if top tier items don't drop (last I played I want to say they had 14* weapons as drops from EQs only). Was actually enjoying this game until smashing my face into the RT/PGF/RNG wall for the last several weeks and realizing it was a massive waste of time if you aren't SUPER lucky with RNG. If PGFĀ wasn't a time sensitive item and was huntable year round it wouldn't be as big of a deal because we could mix up running RT with other quests so we wouldn't get so incredibly burned out running only one quest for weeks on end with no guaranteed reward at the end of it all. Would be nice for some kind of RNG safety net to get you something for the amount of time you put in. It isn't as if there are other notable drops along the way to earn you enough pd/dts to buy a PGF.

I know I'm not a veteran around here so my words carry little weightĀ but I have a suggestion to help make events like this more rewarding. Why not have the bosses like Olga Flow drop a stackable item that is redeemable for eventĀ loot. Like say 50 or 75Ā of said item for a PGF or 5 for a Rambling May or 1 for a mag cell (just examples sorry if values are not perfect lol). That is of course if it is possible to make him drop more than one item so you'd still have a chance at the super RNG PGF drop itself along with the item voucher.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jj733 said:

I played PSO2 for years and got burned out on that.Ā Sadly in PSO2 I would at least have gotten collection files completed for all the time put into running EQs even if top tier items don't drop (last I played I want to say they had 14* weapons as drops from EQs only). Was actually enjoying this game until smashing my face into the RT/PGF/RNG wall for the last several weeks and realizing it was a massive waste of time if you aren't SUPER lucky with RNG. If PGFĀ wasn't a time sensitive item and was huntable year round it wouldn't be as big of a deal because we could mix up running RT with other quests so we wouldn't get so incredibly burned out running only one quest for weeks on end with no guaranteed reward at the end of it all. Would be nice for some kind of RNG safety net to get you something for the amount of time you put in. It isn't as if there are other notable drops along the way to earn you enough pd/dts to buy a PGF.

I know I'm not a veteran around here so my words carry little weightĀ but I have a suggestion to help make events like this more rewarding. Why not have the bosses like Olga Flow drop a stackable item that is redeemable for eventĀ loot. Like say 50 or 75Ā of said item for a PGF or 5 for a Rambling May or 1 for a mag cell (just examples sorry if values are not perfect lol). That is of course if it is possible to make him drop more than one item so you'd still have a chance at the super RNG PGF drop itself along with the item voucher.

Sadly it's not possible to have bosses drop more than 1 rare item. People didn't have to do only rt though. There are multiple ways to reach olga flow, and rt isn't even the fastest way. I was running other things because I think RT has really bad spawn and map design, and some of them do actually give extremely notable drops on the way (roct rewards like yas9k, red sword, and samba maracas along with high-tier tower drops like sjs, wd, or high-tier seabed drops like zanba and yas7k); finding up to 85hit roct reward or an sjs or zanba (zanba is stronger than dark flow, and tjs is nearly as strong) are certainly quite worth. I am for the idea of other events also dropping pgf so that it happens like twice a year instead of just once. We did have quite a lot of pgf drop this year though (definitely had over 100 of them at least), significantly more than previous years.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Sadly it's not possible to have bosses drop more than 1 rare item. People didn't have to do only rt though. There are multiple ways to reach olga flow, and rt isn't even the fastest way. I was running other things because I think RT has really bad spawn and map design, and some of them do actually give extremely notable drops on the way (roct rewards like yas9k, red sword, and samba maracas along with high-tier tower drops like sjs, wd, or high-tier seabed drops like zanba and yas7k); finding up to 85hit roct reward or an sjs or zanba (zanba is stronger than dark flow, and tjs is nearly as strong) are certainly quite worth. I am for the idea of other events also dropping pgf so that it happens like twice a year instead of just once. We did have quite a lot of pgf drop this year though (definitely had over 100 of them at least), significantly more than previous years.

tl;dr

• Like 2

fastest way is WOI but atleast 1-2 people die on tower XD

On 1/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, tru said:

ppp mags =)

2 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Zanba ain't stronger than DF.....XD

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

Zanba ain't stronger than DF.....XD

I want to say heā€™s probably referring to the zerkĀ special damage wise compared to DF hard attack damage. Not DF special of course, anyone knows DF special probably has no match.