2017 OlgaFlow PowerUP!

Spoiler

giphy-downsized.gif

Soooooo...

for this december event i was thinking we should boost Olga Flow's Power and Defense super high!

so that us higher levels who keep killing everything so fast can atleast have some type of fun with OlgaFlow cause he appears to be super easy 

and it's no fun cause it takes a tad bit of extra time to get to him.

bad idea or na?! -_-

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

The downside is that all weak players who want to farm olga can't because he's just too powerful. The event should give everyone a fair chance to get PGF. Yeah, some high leveled players can clear him in less than a minute, but weaker players still deserve a chance to kill olga.

• Like 4

All though I would like to see the challenge, I have to agree with @PSOAddict on this one.  :)   With this being said maybe there can be a quest with a level 150+  requirement that leads to this "SUPER OLGA"  you speak of.   

• Some of the features this quest could have would be : 
  • Super Olga or have 3 x Olgas in one battle room :)  
  • Ridiculous amount of monsters
  • Stronger Monsters
  • Badge Set up, make it like a serious of quests :) (Ex: if you collect all badges then instead of fighting normal Olga you would fight Super Olga )   -  @R-78 I really like the badge idea you did for HoD I & II.  :)  <------ I've gotta give credit where it is due 

I am sure there are many other twists that could be added.   Watcha think @Soly @Lemon @chuk @Larva .  is this something that could be possible?

• Like 2

that change @Virec isn’t possible... i mean maybe with a MySQL database but with how pso is no.. it would have to be one changed or not changed at all...

in in some games this would be a instance change or something similar to that phrase for when a game gives a event to change of type/difficulty... the way this game is made it either it is... or it isn’t.... a compromise would be say event was 3 weeks. 1 week normal, 2 week buffed olga, 3 week normal. however that’s to many changes the server would have to make... easy i think yeah so would others but @Soly is busy as it is. And if they where to make it so that it was every now and again olga had that holy fucking shit power then yeah that’s be cool but then @Soly would have to remake coding and it could be as simple as a command prompt, or as something as a server shutdown/reboot... Or on the off chance there is something that can be done like the thought/idea of individual green name rooms is this possible? maybe but how i see it, no.

Edited by Sir Rendlan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Rendlan said:

on further note. GIVE US BUFFED OLGA<3333333

This wouldn't make it fair for people who aren't well geared. I myself have no reason to agree nor disagree with this. Just think about the players who cannot run rt as is. As well as those who already are challenged by it due to being poorly equipped etc. I wouldn't mind a buffed year round olga+year round drops for him not pgf of course but something dropping to make those RT/olga runs more worthwhile. Surely its not experience off olga after all. Basically same as others stated this would not be fair to those underequipped or lacking etc.:P

Not that I don't agree for something more to be done with Olga flow as a whole in general either.

• Like 4

well 9/10 times PGF runs are more then enough times where the good players will actually be in a room and those who are not so good can join them. There’s a lot more good players out there now i’m not saying they’re actually bad just may not know the game enough to play as well or don’t have the good shit like i just started working on getting nice things this year and i’ve been here for years i should already have a dm or sta by now and i don’t xD

I really like this idea, but not for December event.  Maybe for a less central event where Olga drops aren't as coveted.  Maybe Valentines?

EDIT: Also @Virec, the monster stat change opcode in quests is broken.  Has been since BB came out.  It's on my list of things to potentially fix, but it's pretty low priority right now.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I really like this idea, but not for December event.  Maybe for a less central event where Olga drops aren't as coveted.  Maybe Valentines?

EDIT: Also @Virec, the monster stat change opcode in quests is broken.  Has been since BB came out.  It's on my list of things to potentially fix, but it's pretty low priority right now.

I like the Idea for another event or outside events myself.:D

Edited by Ragol99
  • Like 2

well i been thinking about it for awhile cuz Gal is buffed and he has anger issues when u buff his attack so maybe Olga needs a buff since he's where the money is at haha

(Olga not being too strong?)

I don't think that's right. Why?.

It's simple. If they do not make Olga very difficult to beat, then the "lone hunters" will be "farming" it by themselves. I think that making Olga an extremely difficult enemy will really promote the need to work with a full party to beat it, instead of everyone trying to play alone or doing "dual log" to help themselves. Also not making Olga difficult will only cause the item to become common and devalue, which I think was one of the reasons why the drop rate was fixed. As I had already mentioned in another post some time ago, the server does not work for free and needs income to keep running smoothly (just like it has been as of now). To add, as I commented on an earlier post: I don't think there shouldn't be expensive items, but I think there should be economic ones, too. I hope you find a way to keep this balanced. Maybe something ideal for this event would be to add new items that are not as difficult to find (not easy, just not as difficult), that way we could have more variety, and new/unexperienced players could get something for their efforts even if it's not one of the rarest or most expensive items. :)

At last, I think Virec's idea for a quest is quite good, maybe not for this event (Unless it can be applied in a way that complements the event), but it could be a good quest by it's own to keep around permanently.

Final word: I support Olga being tougher for these events! (x3 /x4)  :)

Edited by Ana G.5
  • Like 2

Even thou i like the idea, i don't think its a good one for xmax.

Olga is hard enough for newbies and if it was buffed, that would make newbies too dependent on OP geared people to actually finish a run, which sucks and can be unmotivating to them (i think nobody likes to be 100% dependent exclusively on others).

Maybe that could work in anniversary event, since last year you could get a STA from the 3 final bosses, so if you think olga is hard enough, you move on and farm falz for example (which is more or less doable with a full newbie team).

Just my thoughts, no absolute truth was written.

• Like 6

Just now, jezbuz said:

Even thou i like the idea, i don't think its a good one for xmax.

Olga is hard enough for newbies and if it was buffed, that would make newbies too dependent on OP geared people to actually finish a run, which sucks and can be unmotivating to them (i think nobody likes to be 100% dependent exclusively on others).

Maybe that could work in anniversary event, since last year you could get a STA from the 3 final bosses, so if you think olga is hard enough, you move on and farm falz for example (which is more or less doable with a full newbie team).

Just my thoughts, no absolute truth was written.

Darn it I ran out of likes again:( B>more likes for forums today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Spoiler giphy-downsized.gif&key=19df5156c1ce432889fc7d3f23805cfaa1759bb184760790207c8d088f423c64
Soooooo...
for this december event i was thinking we should boost Olga Flow's Power and Defense super high!
 so that us higher levels who keep killing everything so fast can atleast have some type of fun with OlgaFlow cause he appears to be super easy 
and it's no fun cause it takes a tad bit of extra time to get to him.
bad idea or na?! [emoji42]
Dude I like this idea. And those players who are too weak to defeat him don't deserve the pgf imo xD but I think the drop rate shouldn't be as crazy if he is gonna be that much stronger. I don't want the drop to be much easier, but somewhat easier. And maybe there should be two Olga's. One normal and one super. Can we just make the woi Olga super Olga? Just getting to him is trouble enough! And when you get there he is gonna be super op. I don't know that we should make his atp too high though. Make it where a maxed hp ramarl (or whoever has the lowest hp) can survive his critical attacks at full health.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Just another way for the price of dw to be ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to do the 270 something runs I have around 4 gigs free on a HD to record ea Olga fight to prove those drop numbers are bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dw 1