D.Meteor & D.Bridge

Larva

You don't want good players, and have no respect for the effort people put into making good rangers. So now, you make their entire build and their work obselete by making a weapon that makes every ranger weapon pointless. Good job. Nice respectful update. You just made whoever obtains Dark Meteor the best player in the game, even if they have no clue how to play. Wow, such a great idea.

Also, I like how you say "If you don't like it, get out." Thats a great way to get players. Why would I want to play with half brained people who have no knowledge of game mechanics anyway? Like, really. If you can't see how unfair and overpowered this is, you have to be retarded. I bet even Lee is laughing at this.

Also "more difrent"? And can you tell me to get out again? You already repeated yourself like four times, I clearly didnt get the message that you're rude, closed minded and have no idea how this game works, or respect for the players. Perhaps you need to tell me again?

Now, just so you know "Llanx" or whatever your name is. My initial post was not rude, it was filled of information and I have a solid argument. Maybe you should work on your english, and read it closely, and maybe you will realize just what a stupid idea this was aswell.

Well yeah i was kinda rude because first players in this server wnated to upgrade the weps good i say i didnt say nothing at all but then other ones come here and says that is a stupid idea bla bla bla well i kinda got angry and yes i said it four times so that you could o¿undestand your own write you said that your not gonna play on a broken server whit that wep well ok we dont wanna people that dont wana play on this server the other ones that trully like the server and wana play in it theyre WELCOME so yeah we dont wana people like your ocmplaining eveyr second that this is not right that is wrong so if you would please just let go to whatever server you like if you DONT KNOW other servers well those are good options EDEN GENERATION and theres one that i dont remember the name that play like a RPG so you have options you just have to google them.

And please stop complaining about the wep a wep you dont even want to use or get or use it to play in this server so whit all respect please go to whicever server you select to play if they want you of course thanks and i wont be posting anymore cause is a greatly lose of time so Larva please close the topic for end this patetic try to watch someone wanting to be badass to all the other players :onion-head37:

Lol, you made Dark Flow stronger than it already is. ._. I'm using a nerfed one (one with 800 max ATP, rather than 900) and I think that's overpowered on a 1250 ATP HUcast.

But even so;

Kyona, you do not play here, neither do I. I think Meteor is a little overpowered myself, and Bridge still useless (generally... the Zalure looks like triple range according to a friend) in comparison to the other two weapons, but before you moan and whine about everything, you need to realise that on Ultima, all the enemies are buffed up, and that the Dark weapons are only available temporarily throughout the year.

Ultima is not a server where smart and players with TA-esque minds play. Instead, it is a place where (generally) SCHT refugees camp out and play with their 'casual' gameplay styles. They're not players who think about doing things quickly or correctly, they just want to play PSO with their friends.

Even I, myself, try to encourage good playing on this server, even though I realise the above, but I don't shove my playstyle onto others, only suggest that a person should do X and Y. Really, you should be using a melee setup on your FO when in party, but if you're really bent on nuking, whatever, I don't really care. But trying to dissuade me that melee'ing is bad isn't really a great idea, since I know how to play PSO and how it works. (Just an example)

To Ultima: There are instances in which a player will want to play well; in order do things quickly and correctly -- this would mean the game needs to be balanced. Rather than "ohhh, stop being an elitist faggot" or "well nobody cares about Time Attack" or whatever, just respect that they enjoy PSO like this, and thinking they're bullshit is just creating more of a gap between you and the 'better players' (don't lie to yourself, you know, there are players much, much better than you, even if you've been playing PSO for 10 years or whatever).

Though Kyona's method of expressing his/her point of view wasn't the way to do it.

• Like 2

Lol, you made Dark Flow stronger than it already is. ._. I'm using a nerfed one (one with 800 max ATP, rather than 900) and I think that's overpowered on a 1250 ATP HUcast.

Ultima is not a server where smart and players with TA-esque minds play

To Ultima: There are instances in which a player will want to play well; in order do things quickly and correctly -- this would mean the game needs to be balanced. Rather than "ohhh, stop being an elitist faggot" or "well nobody cares about Time Attack" or whatever, just respect that they enjoy PSO like this, and thinking they're bullshit is just creating more of a gap between you and the 'better players' (don't lie to yourself, you know, there are players much, much better than you, even if you've been playing PSO for 10 years or whatever).

Good points Zynetic. Good points. I agree.

Kyona, you do not play here, neither do I.

You need to realise that on Ultima, all the enemies are buffed up, and that the Dark weapons are only available temporarily throughout the year.

It is a place where (generally) SCHT refugees camp out and play with their 'casual' gameplay styles.

They're not players who think about doing things quickly or correctly, they just want to play PSO with their friends.

Even I, myself, try to encourage good playing on this server, even though I realise the above, but I don't shove my playstyle onto others, only suggest that a person should do X and Y.

Just respect that they enjoy PSO like this, and thinking they're bullshit is just creating more of a gap.

Though Kyona's method of expressing his/her point of view wasn't the way to do it.

I can do that too ^^

To be fair yes I think it is overpowered, trouble is dark flow does hit more and hits a bigger quantity. (Tested)

Meteor may be ranged but it still takes 6-12 combos to kill enemies. (In stimulator, realms of war, max attack and so on I can combo everything before I'm attacked........ yeah ;))

Also the fact that all the enemies are buffed up is a big factor.

You say it renders other weapons obsolete, it doesn't. I have one and I can say all these weapons still have use...

Snow queen/Frozen shooter (guess?)

Bringer's rifle (guess again?)

Hell/Demons/Zalure s-ranks (.....?)

Mille marteaux (divine punishment ep4, off beat long range)

Dual bird (experience)

Handgun guld (long distance rappys and tp revival)

Daylight scar (single barnaz and such encounters)

Excalibur (lizards, close mobs)

Cannon rouge (with decent hit is still good for some bosses)

Heaven striker (berserk on olga, sinows and a like)

Heaven punisher (ep4 divine punishment, long distance rappys)

Spread needle (paralyze (enemies that run))

Charge gungnir (Still better for large mobs)

And I'm sure there is allot more....

It's supposed to be one of the ultimate weapons; it should render others of its class obsolete.

Example

• Dark flow: I have a Dark flow now my Red sword, TJS and such (so many) is obsolete.......
  • Dark Bridge: I have a Dark bridge now my Demonic fork, Mercius rod and so on is obsolete...... see a pattern?

If the weapons was as good as the ones you already had would you really waste all that time trying to get?

There will hardly be any on the server anyways because these weapons was so bad its flooded with dark flows, before the event there was only 2 meteors on the server and I have only seen one bridge.

Also you must realize there is only you 2-3 ranting about it, wouldn't that suggest that the community prefers the changes?

2-3 people against the majority of the server, I need say no more.

Everyone has valid points and I respect everyone's play style but the anger and attitude that has come out of this topic is dreadful, tone it down.

Yes allot of people have been rude to you but don't you think that is because of the attitude your portraying to them?

Voicing an opinion like "oh your servers broke" isn't going to get you a nice reaction.

The one bad thing I will say about it is how easy it kills the bosses but a slight reduction in the ATP would actually solve this.

All in all what I'm trying to say is the way you are describing the changes is a bit of a exaggeration it isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.

All opinions are welcome and that is the point in the topic but please stop the ranting there is no need for it, as you said you don't even play here.

• Like 1

hell/demon's/zalure s-ranks allow you to take a chance at killing enemies, take a better chance at reducing HP to 1/4th, or improve damage of other attacks. Instead of wasting your time with any of these which will (against large groups of monsters) you could just attack them for 100% accurate damage that is sure to defeat them in fewer combos in every area of the game.

there is no reason to use daylight scar on a ranger; a combination of excalibur and your choice of any mechgun or heaven striker will cover its job entirely

divine punishment is much, much weaker than just using your ridiculous dark meteor. it doesn't matter how bad you are, if you can kill the non-lizard enemies the lizards can be killed later with an excalibur afterwards. dark meteor is fine for scaring rappies. it's actually much better, because DP has less range. Rafoie/power maser still beat both, but that's not the point.

cannon rouge is worse than this dark meteor in every way. there is no reason to use it if you have a dark meteor.

no need to paralyze enemies when you can just kill them with your dark meteor instead. By the way, why are you paralyzing merillas? or did you mean something else by "run"?

charge gungnir is NOT better for large mobs. Especially on this server, no sacrificial will out-damage the dark meteor. Large mobs, like >5 enemies, if you can group them so that the gungnir hits more than 5, then grouping them IN THE EXACT SAME WAY will allow your dark meteor to hit more than 5 as well (with the special). But you dont need to do that with the meteor; you can just kill them no matter where they are.

the mechguns and single-target weapons (fs/sq, hs, bringer's, and basically every good mechgun, and some utility like twin blaze and power maser) would indeed still be useful and would supplement your character in the same way they do right now. Everything else, meaning the items you left off of your above list, and most of the ones on your list anyway (the ones I discuss above) are indeed obsolete.

... and handgun:GULD? really? you cannot be this bad of a RAmar..

Edited by The Zack

You say it renders other weapons obsolete, it doesn't. I have one and I can say all these weapons still have use...

Snits cuzow queen/Frozen shooter (guess?) Obselete. Pierce damage with special. No need for freeze.

Bringer's rifle (guess again?) Obselete.

Hell/Demons/Zalure s-ranks (.....?) Obselete but cannot obtain apparently.

Mille marteaux (divine punishment ep4, off beat long range) Obselete. Low damage + DMC + Annoying.

Dual bird (experience) I dont know why you're exp stealing on a server that you can level to 200 within the month.

Handgun guld (long distance rappys and tp revival) Pop a fluid. You can long distance rappies with magic if you're worrying about TP.

Daylight scar (single barnaz and such encounters) Out damages Daylight Scar

Excalibur (lizards, close mobs) Zerk is unnecessary and damage exceeds heavy excal.

Cannon rouge (with decent hit is still good for some bosses) Yeah no. Infinite vertical tolerance means CR is not needed.

Heaven striker (berserk on olga, sinows and a like) There are some places where you will need HS. I agree.

Heaven punisher (ep4 divine punishment, long distance rappys) There is no time in the game where you need Divine Punishment. Unless you want to get your party hit by DMCing them.

Spread needle (paralyze (enemies that run)) No need. Should combo kill mostly everything.

Charge gungnir (Still better for large mobs) I suppose there is a use, but I don't think its better for larger mobs because if you distance yourself you're out of harms way and can still hit 5 targets.

And I'm sure there is allot more.... Yeah, every gun is obselete pretty much except maybe 3. Only for certain enemies like quicky Olga.

It's supposed to be one of the ultimate weapons; it should render others of its class obsolete. I agree, but not every single gun.

Also you must realize there is only you 2-3 ranting about it, wouldn't that suggest that the community prefers the changes?

2-3 people against the majority of the server, I need say no more. Humanity dictates that sometimes whats appreciated and accepted by the community is not always the best idea regardless.

To be honest, the criticism in bold is nice. I could very well ask you why half of the things you put up there would be necessary at all. Like, why you even feel the need to use a handgun to make those poor rappies run away when your Dark Meteor or Heaven Striker will do the same thing. Or, why you feel the need to steal miniscule amounts of TP.

Edited by Kyona

Alot of those points are probably right but I play with weapons I like... Did you not read the bit I said about respecting everyones play style.

There is no reason to use daylight scar on a ranger; a combination of excalibur and your choice of any mechgun or heaven striker will cover its job entirely

^ Yes it would but I would rather use a hit DS with % in machine and kill it in one combo, possibly two, of berserk.

Cannon rouge is worse than this dark meteor in every way. there is no reason to use it if you have a dark meteor.

^ Because I like to use it, is not as akward to aim (the special of meteor) and I find that it gets criticals more often.

Eh, the charge gungnir I wont argue with but it is still a good wep with hit and %, also is easier to target.

Divine punishment may be weaker but it combos quicker and hits 12 rather than 5.

no need to paralyze enemies when you can just kill them with your dark meteor instead.

^ it does not kill enemies this quick, my meteor has high hit and some enemies still get away

By the way, why are you paralyzing merillas? or did you mean something else by "run"?

^ Merillas, merrisas, gees, rappys, slimes, nano dragons, canadine/canane , rappys (when you are trying to get items off them). fs/sq works for this also but its whatever comes up in my inventory 1st

handgun:GULD? really? even you cannot be this bad of a RAmar < What sort of comment is that, I find it hits more than HP(unless it has %), just with a TP revival special.

The mechguns and single-target weapons (fs/sq, hs, bringer's, and basically every good mechgun) would indeed still be useful and would supplement your character in the same way they do right now.

^ That just proves that not all the weapons are obsolete

Edited by djij2010

this topic sure is good for laughs :D lol

Still i think dark meteor is underpowered please buff it a little more :)

P.S. Dj dont bother, if something is done, 1 or 2 players are sure to complain.

Edited by SunnyD
  • Like 1

this topic sure is good for laughs :D lol

Still i think dark meteor is underpowered please buff it a little more :)

P.S. Dj dont bother, if something is done, 1 or 2 players are sure to complain.

lol it is.

Some players are bound to complain but the fact that there probably only 5 at max on the server, its very unlikely that it would even effect them (let alone even see one)

i want to see someone killing a delbiter, dorphon and eclair, ill gill, mericarol and sisters lol, gibbles, etc ult with a dark meteor XD

yep all weapons are obsolete but meteor ....

lol delbiter takes about 30 hits, so do the eclairs xD

Dji, ­I respect how you seem to play; as if you don't want to experiment. You do what works for you but do not want or need to do it better or quicker. However, your points, albeit representitive of your play style, reflect nothing to do with the Dark Meteor being overpowered. ­Just because you, in your subjective manner, would prefer to use Daylight Scar, does not mean Dark Meteor does not make it obselete, or that a ranger would not be fine with just a Heaven Striker and a Dark Meteor AND be able to do better than those who bother with other weapons.

Now, regardless of how you play, when you tackle these kinds of decisions, you need to take the role of someone who WANTS to break the game. There will always be someone who is all for making things as easy as possible, to farm and take over whatever economy exists. If you put yourself in the mind of someone with that desire, Dark Meteor allows you to finish runs quicker, with half or less effort than someone who is fumbling through their quick swap to find the perfect weapon for the perfect enemy. In the end, Dark Meteor, regardless of what you attempt to make a point out of, will out DPS practically everything; and if you didnt boost Dark Flow (which is a silly decision imo) it would probably out DPS that since it hits multiple targets; and if you need single target damage, a Charge Vulcan or Heaven Striker will do you just fine.

At the moment, downloading and installing this server is pointless if to be the best ranger I need to focus all of my energy on finding a Dark Meteor, otherwise everyone with one, regardless of how good they are, are better and have a huge advantage over me.

PS: SunnyD, stop trying to Antagonise. It's clear you have no clue how PSO works, mechanic wise, and no respect for its players. You're rude, and if you attempted to post facts or opinions like Dji did, maybe this thread would feel less uneducated.

lol delbiter takes about 30 hits, so do the eclairs xD

Since you just decided to ignore my very well versed post I will add some other things.

There are some enemies that no matter what you use, Demons is better. The high HP enemies like Dorphon, Gibbles and Girtablublu are better taken down with a multi-hit demons weapon like SOF, Demon Mechs (They can be donated for, not the reduced Photons) or a Bringers Rifle. This is one of the exceptions I was talking about where there are very very few enemies in the game that you will need a specific gun for. However, in terms of DPS it STILL does not matter, since using a DPS type weapon on those enemies is not time effective.

Edited by Kyona