How long will this last?

Getting into this server I knew that it was on the edge of ethics. Distributing the game (for free) and hosting it (also for free) would probably upset Sonic Team after all their hard work on this IP. However, this community, and others like it, seem to be doing just fine. Do you think that a DCMA notice will ever come to shut down Ultima?

• Dw 1

They pulled the plug on hosting servers themselves, don't actively sell the game anymore, and haven't put their game up for adoption of any reverse compatible consoles that could do the job for them. As long as all three of those are true, there's little to no chance of anything going south.

After a while, game companies simply stop caring. That's the reason websites like old-games can exist, or servers like these.

While they can (and should according to IP laws and stuff), I guess they are just a bit more "cool" than other companies like Nintendo and Blizzard.

I honestly am not worried, they have moved on to PSO2 and related stuff.

• Like 1

Honestly with most server code/files technically being illegal (using Sega files and modifying them), I'm surprised we haven't really even been a blip on Sega's radar.Ā As far as I know, you could put up a carbon copy of any one of the major PSO servers and get away with it, because in the end it's all technically illegal and no one is really in the right. That's why I'm confused when some people mention copyright, because I'm pretty sure you can't copyright illegal content.

• Like 1

I know it has nothing to do with the subject, but I took a print with vivienne from a certain angle, and I thought ... why not make an evolution of it ?, a vivienne sword! with another name.Ā Ā It was pretty cool in print, but with improvements.Ā I believe that new ideas are always welcome :)

ā†“ā†“ PrintĀ ā†“ā†“

Ā 

pso1509912139.bmp

Edited by Gari

22 minutes ago, Gari said:

I know it has nothing to do with the subject, but I took a print with vivienne from a certain angle, and I thought ... why not make an evolution of it ?, a vivienne sword! with another name.Ā Ā It was pretty cool in print, but with improvements.Ā I believe that new ideas are always welcome :)

ā†“ā†“ PrintĀ ā†“ā†“

Ā 

pso1509912139.bmp

You may be looking for this thread.