Bonjour :)

Lyho

Hello there,

Since I have been lurking around asking questions here and there for almost two weeks now I figured I might as well introduce myself.

So who am I ? Let's just say 28yo male french J2EE developper who might enjoy gaming a bit too much :> Although I don't necessarily enjoy the modern trend of video games (competitive games everywhere, ew !).

Concerning my PSO background, I have been playing a lot (3000+h) on GC, mostly RAmar at the time but I tried everything. I completed c-mode ep1 both online and offline with friends (one of my best local coop experience to date) as well as c-mode ep2 and could probably still rock there either as FO or HU although I forgot all the maps for sure :D

I have then played my fair share on schtserv with 4 character over lv100 and a lv173 RAmar but I recently discovered it was all wiped away when we decided to go for another PSO run with friend :'( I was even in the winning team of the spring cleaning of the second tier (lv130-170 iirc) event they had there !

So here I am today, not really enjoying ranger that much anymore, another class I always enjoyed is the FOnewearl so I'm mostly playing her and I am also willing to give FOmarl a serious go since I never had the chance to play her seriously.

As far as my longevity here goes... well I decided to start here to have fun with friends while I was burnt out from GW2 and waiting for Diablo's next season which seems promising. So I cannot promise I will be a long timer but I am the kind that feels the PSO itch every once and a while so I should probably never be totally gone either (unless I get wiped again :x) !

Feel free to ask questions and see you in game :>

Edited by Lyho
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lyho said:

(competitive games everywhere, ew !).

Don't knock it til you try it. Although fighting games are the only fun competitive ones I think.

Anyways, have fun man. Maybe I'll see you around.

1 minute ago, McLaughlin86 said:

Don't knock it til you try it. Although fighting games are the only fun competitive ones I think.

Anyways, have fun man. Maybe I'll see you around.

Assuming I haven't ? :P

It's just that those games lack the feel of progression you get from standard RPG for instance, the only form of progression you get there is ladder (slow and unconvincing to me) or cosmetics (blah). Another huge problem is that the gameplay can never be relaxing since everyone is trying so hard :/

I have played my fair share of SC2, HotS, a bit of Overwatch, DotA and so on and in the end, besides SC2, never really enjoyed it for long. The pleasure I get there is negligible compared to Hollow Knight for instance.

That being said, there is one competitive game I do love : the smash series :D

• Like 1

I think the progression is in seeing yourself kick more ass and averaging more wins. Cosmetics are bullshit though, I'll agree with you there. They're a terrible incentive for playing. Tryhards can be pretty shit too, because rather than trying to be constructive towards the people they beat, they gloat and don't help anyone. Really, the only competitive stuff I can get into is the 1v1 fighting games. Soul Calibur, Smash, Tekken and shit like that. Those are tests of true skills where you don't have to deal with tryhard teammates and it's all on you if you fuck something up. Not only that, but you don't have some retards yelling at you because you made the most minor mistake.

It's a different kind of pleasure for sure. I enjoy playing competitively in a different way when compared to playing single player games.

I can only agree with a fellow smash player then :)

It is also very different for me because I only play smash offline (any latency is ridiculous to handle) so there's no anonymous verbal abuse, way more fair play !

Hello :onion-head03:, I think i remember you.. if my memory is good, you were an active member of the UPS forum ( active player of the same team at that time as well ) in 2008-2009 or something like that ? Lyho was the name of your hucaseal and you were friends with CC, boatameuh and neon ^_^

Anyway, welcome to this server :wub:

21 hours ago, Sylph777 said:

Hello :onion-head03:, I think i remember you.. if my memory is good, you were an active member of the UPS forum ( active player of the same team at that time as well ) in 2008-2009 or something like that ? Lyho was the name of your hucaseal and you were friends with CC, boatameuh and neon ^_^

Anyway, welcome to this server :wub:

Hehe that has to be me although my HUcaseal was named Lyndis IIRC ;p Lyho was the RAmar. Account name was The Gazelle. I haven't posted there since, all the regulars seem unknown to me now^^'

I don't think I was ever part of the team though, I preferred to have my solo team to have my own picture x) But yeah playing with C.C., neon, boatameuh and you was good times :)

Aren't you Sylphide ? If so I can't forget you since I still have a test video of us clearing Olga Flow on my PC :D It used to be on my YT channel but removed because of music eh.