Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Shiga321

No Boss Drops. confirmed 3 times....

Recommended Posts

hace 12 horas, Choko dijo:

For those complaining about individual drop rates being reduced, to solve your problem, just don't use individual drops. You aren't being forced to use it. If they weren't reduced, there would be no reason to no use individual drops over party drops. There needs to be some trade offs in order to make it a decision worth thinking about.

Technically what you said is: If you do not like it, go elsewhere.  :/

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Ragol99 said:

www.savethisserverfixDAR.com

In all honesty reducing DAR to drastic levels so next to nothing drops... is the polar opposite of what it was before.

Somehow going from one extreme to the exact opposite extreme makes even less sense. You could always go to the old rate, just cut it down slightly. So its not absurdly high if thats what staff claim. Also would satisfy everyone so its not so low limited drops appear either. We really are losing and have lost some good players here. The economy will keep getting worse again. It was finally on the mend and prospects regarding it were looking great for 2018. Now it just seems everyones going to play exclusively with friends. As well as just hiding in locked rooms+shared drop rates.  Previous rate might have been to high, might not have been as well. Either way stands to reason current rate is FAR to low. Resolve this please so the damage done can be repaired quickly. Thank you! Just listen to the players. They are what keep this server alive. No players=no server

This amount of doomcrying is uncalled for. There wasn't intended to be any change; it's just a bug broke the code for a brief time (<1month) and people are forgetting what it was before it broke. It can still be tweaked and is being looked into, but from counting the drops that come off monsters, I do not see anything wildly out of the ordinary with how many/few there are. You aren't supposed to get drops from every monster every time it dies. People are overstating their claims of low rates with such hyperbole that it can't be taken seriously. Nobody complained about the rates being low before the bug broke the code, but after it is fixed back to similar levels in a month, suddenly it's the death of the server? If we deteriorate into overblown nonsense, then the discussion can't reasonably go anywhere, so let's please keep this discussion on more serious and grounded terms. It's being looked in to. :onion-head50:

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

This amount of doomcrying is uncalled for. There wasn't intended to be any change; it's just a bug broke the code for a brief time (<1month) and people are forgetting what it was before it broke. It can still be tweaked and is being looked into, but from counting the drops that come off monsters, I do not see anything wildly out of the ordinary with how many/few there are. You aren't supposed to get drops from every monster every time it dies. People are overstating their claims of low rates with such hyperbole that it can't be taken seriously. Nobody complained about the rates being low before the bug broke the code, but after it is fixed back to similar levels in a month, suddenly it's the death of the server? If we deteriorate into overblown nonsense, then the discussion can't reasonably go anywhere, so let's please keep this discussion on more serious and grounded terms. It's being looked in to. :onion-head50:

This wasn't intended as doomcrying or anything of the sort. Its merely a observation of numerous players. Rates do seem rather extremely low for DAR aspect of it. All of my comments were mere observations. I know several good players and friends who all quit because of this.(among other reasons this just added to it) I don't think the server will ever die, or so I don't hope it ever will anyhow. Many people have just noticed little to no drops of note. Where I might do 40 runs for X before and get something. I still find a lot of materials on runs some red boxes sure. Just not really anything of note. Items still drop as ana g stated as well. Just how many of said items are something worth picking up. Answer is next to nothing anymore. From my personal experience ever since the change. I've had the most difficulty with DAR from bosses on indi. 20/22 runs on average bosses drop nothing. 2/22 runs bosses drop something might be meseta or a common junk drop, maybe even a rare junk drop. So factor this into actual drop rate with DAR. Its much higher to the point next to nothing seems to drop off them anymore. I now do the same amount of runs and notice X amount is drastically reduced to little or nothing. On shared everything is dropping fine so this is what I play on usually now. Not every monster needs to drop an item every time it dies that would be absurd in the opposite direction. You don't need to return to the rates it was before. Just one extreme to another seems just as silly. I'm glad its being looked into here. Again everything I stated was my own personal observations or ones many players have voiced concern over+experienced themselves...

It was on a serious note. I don't think anything should be absurdly easy to obtain. At the same time nothing should be nigh impossible also. When someone has to do 200-500 runs in a 16+year old game for one drop. Fine at least it'll drop then. When nothing drops and you invest this kind of time and effort into a hunt. Well you get the point here. Either way this will only make the economy worse, lead to many more locked rooms+shared rate ninjas..among other issues. Economy was looking great, still is its on the mend here. Much is still a expensive, but its a work in progress. I don't feel typing any more here is worth it. I think players concerns have been made loud and clear. Maybe locking this would be good? Just update us all when something is done to address these concerns.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Haha fresh new drop rates for the most expensive items dropping the next two events 

  • Like 1
  • Dw 1

Share this post


Link to post

The DAR reduction had to be fixed no matter what... as it is in the original individual drops topic, one of the things we had to do was to reduce the amount of drops of individual drops compared to shared drops... otherwise as Choko said, it would be pointless to have shared drops (and no, I don't want to hear anything about "then remove shared drops").

Everyone (who used individual drops) got accustomed to their higher than normal rate and I guess that's my fault, obviously making the change to the reduction it should have had would be notorious, however to try and compensate, the dar reduction has been reduced quite a bit.

Some people said that even with 1 person only, the rates seemed to be reduced which makes no sense given the fact that having shared drops or only 1 person in an individual drops party behaves exactly the same, so I really doubt there is anything wrong at all... still I am trying to find something that would make it behave incorrectly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, i understand why people are expressing negatively about this. I agree that there should be a DAR reduction, but if its correct to assume that a RR with a 4 man party gets approximately 1/133, thats really underwhelming.

People aren't saying "ohhh look at me i'm retarded and i like easy drops, so should be all easy drops", as some people always bring up in this topics to sum up what is being talked. People are complaining, because, lets face it, shared drops are shit. And they feel that they should not use individual drops, since theoretically speaking, it penalizes them. And its a legit argument.

In the end its all about luck. But everybody likes to spend their time in the best and shorter way possible in this game (and this game is enough time consuming already, without even a DAR reduction), like you will never hunt a RR with a Redria if you have Whitill which offers you better odds of getting the drop.

I have the luck of being able to solo for my drops, or play with friends that i trust and share the loot with them and keep it civilized (even when we are playing with individual drops, since we always share the loot), but not everyone has that luck. So its comprehensive that people get frustrated with this. I think the problem isn't the DAR reduction itself, but the values of the current DAR reduction (0.43 for 4 man party is bullshit imo). So in the end, some people will prefer to just lock their room and play solo or with friends, or call for items and do some drama cause someone ninja'd their items, or just simply play with random people with indi drops and don't giving a shit about it, but get kinda penalized.

One thing is for sure, there's no worst feeling in the world as hunting a godtier item like PGF with other people and after +/- 20 minutes of playing getting not even a damn monomate (not to talk about the 1/300 ish PGF droprate, which makes it really time consuming, unless you get godly lucky). 

I think the DAR reduction is a bit high right now, but you guys know about game balancing better than me. (Not to talk about the "native" DAR mobs, that with the indi drops reduction even gets lower).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Soly said:

The DAR reduction had to be fixed no matter what... as it is in the original individual drops topic, one of the things we had to do was to reduce the amount of drops of individual drops compared to shared drops... otherwise as Choko said, it would be pointless to have shared drops (and no, I don't want to hear anything about "then remove shared drops").

Everyone (who used individual drops) got accustomed to their higher than normal rate and I guess that's my fault, obviously making the change to the reduction it should have had would be notorious, however to try and compensate, the dar reduction has been reduced quite a bit.

Some people said that even with 1 person only, the rates seemed to be reduced which makes no sense given the fact that having shared drops or only 1 person in an individual drops party behaves exactly the same, so I really doubt there is anything wrong at all... still I am trying to find something that would make it behave incorrectly.

I.hope you do find a happy middle ground i hate to see half the sever leave over drop rates 

Share this post


Link to post

Also, forgot to ask, but aren't the indi drop's dar reduction bugged since the Fury of the beast event (right after that bug where it dropped negative %'s in ep4 got fixed)? Cause i remember to find it oddly when i was farming falz with other 2 people with individual drops and ALWAYS getting a drop (meseta, green boxes etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jezbuz said:

Also, forgot to ask, but aren't the indi drop's dar reduction bugged since the Fury of the beast event (right after that bug where it dropped negative %'s in ep4 got fixed)? Cause i remember to find it oddly when i was farming falz with other 2 people with individual drops and ALWAYS getting a drop (meseta, green boxes etc).

I don't remember exactly when it got borked but it has been for a bit...

I think wrote it before but forgot didn't submit the reply, the DAR right now is 100%, 80%, 70%, 60%, 1 to 4 players respectively, which is quite more generous than it was previously.
Larva as well as Saith tried it out and it seemed ok, compared to the old rates AFTER fixing the dar reduction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Soly said:

I think wrote it before but forgot didn't submit the reply, the DAR right now is 100%, 80%, 70%, 60%, 1 to 4 players respectively, which is quite more generous than it was previously.

I think its way better. Actually the 2 player DAR reduction is really good. I think it makes more fair for people those rates. The old ones, were underwhelming.

17 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't remember exactly when it got borked but it has been for a bit...

 

I guess it started there. But i though that was a buff, that i wasn't aware at that time (even thou 100% drop from falz and other bosses with indi drops and more people was really suspicious). That's why i didn't make a topic about it, since i didn't see anyone talking about it.

Edited by jezbuz

Share this post


Link to post

DAR is seemingly still rather low for indi party. I haven't even seen a drop outside mahux17 in 180x hhx3+150mins hh of this one. Its not just me its many people who are taking notice to this. The same issue is being rehashed by everyone here. I don't know maybe it was just set to low when it was fixed. Maybe its just really terrible luck for a lot of people. Maybe people are to used to the better drops being a bit spoiled. Either way when nothing drops for this long in hh+about 60 runs outside hh.  So not as if I didn't run tests on a regular basis as well outside hh. I've been seeing nothing drop from bosses on shared for 17 runs straight now.(again test runs) I have to wonder whats the point until this is resolved. Seems like a good time for a break to me. I have faith in Soly sorting it all out here eventually. I don't want to see the economy go from on the mend to broken again. I have seen many get drops now. Same time I've seen lots get nothing or few drops. Exception to it all is those getting as jez put it Godly luck. I'm not going to comment here again. Just this last time these are my observations, among many others here. Don't make it absurdly easy to get drops. Just don't make it impossible or to the point where its no longer worth it either...Nobody wants hand outs or complaining to make it easy. We just want a reasonable DAR rate simple as that. So we can all continue to enjoy the game. Getting the drops or not is no issue its when DAR is so terrible all of a sudden for many.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ragol99 said:

I don't know maybe it was just set to low when it was fixed. Maybe its just really terrible luck for a lot of people. Maybe people are to used to the better drops being a bit spoiled.

We actually reduced the reduction (so it's better now).
People have always complained with rare drops when they don't get it in a few runs, if the 1 player individual drops being reduced turns out to not be true, then I can't do much else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

One more for drama:

You guys cried when here were only shared sys in Ultima (I can't pick it up, everyone is ninja all round me, THIS ROOM FOR MY PGF ONLY)

Okay. Take this => Indi sys. Here we go again (Why it drops not for me, Everyone is lucky but me, GOD DAMN THIS DAR SYSTEM, why does it have reduction at all, GIVE ME DAT PGF ALREADY - ONLY I DO DESERVE IT)

If you can't play with original mech or not original perhaps problem in you?

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Soly said:

We actually reduced the reduction (so it's better now).
People have always complained with rare drops when they don't get it in a few runs, if the 1 player individual drops being reduced turns out to not be true, then I can't do much else.

Thank you soly for all your hard work to keep this sever and it members happy i know it not a easy job trying to please everyone. 

But your doing all you can keep up the good work

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, 500john said:

One more for drama:

You guys cried when here were only shared sys in Ultima (I can't pick it up, everyone is ninja all round me, THIS ROOM FOR MY PGF ONLY)

Okay. Take this => Indi sys. Here we go again (Why it drops not for me, Everyone is lucky but me, GOD DAMN THIS DAR SYSTEM, why does it have reduction at all, GIVE ME DAT PGF ALREADY - ONLY I DO DESERVE IT)

If you can't play with original mech or not original perhaps problem in you?

Lulz.

That comment literally didn't add anything to the discussion. If you can't deal with the fact that other people can have different opinions than yours, well a forum its not a place for you. 

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...