No Boss Drops. confirmed 3 times....

24 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

I do think there should be DAR reduction, but I do agree the correct rate does seem to be a bit extreme. I wish they'd be more transparent with their DAR reduction rates like other servers are.

I ran out of likes for the day. I'm liking this tomorrow when it refreshes @mudkipzjm:)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

i've been playing 4p individual and i'm seeing exactly as many drops as expected. The majority of enemies only drop items (any item) 30-35% of the time. Regardless, Soly will look into it, but just from running and counting I've not seen anything wildly out of the ordinary. I think a lot of people were spoiled by the earlier bug that made items drop much more than they were supposed to, even though it was only briefly bugged, and are understating the amount drops they see.

So thats the official word huh? there was A bug letting us get better drops, so u fixed it and now everything is fine? thats got to be the worst answer ive ever heard to anything (besides the daily lowballs pcs) I understand its your job to side with the sever but....  Its not even in the realm of believable , nice try tho 

Edited by Terrybriggs711
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

So thats the official word huh? there was A bug letting us get better drops, so u fixed it and now everything is fine? thats got to be the worst answer ive ever heard to anything (besides the daily lowballs pcs) I understand its your job to side with the sever but....  Its not even in the realm of believable , nice try tho 

It's being looked into again. I did not say the matter was completely closed or that everything was fine. What I did say was that I was playing 4p individual drops and counting the total drops from monsters, and I didn't see anything wildly out of the ordinary. It's not any kind of official word, just an anecdotal statement of what I saw off a couple hundred mobs. It's still being looked into. In the meantime, just chill out and have some fun :onion-head50:

1 hour ago, mudkipzjm said:

I do think there should be DAR reduction, but I do agree the correct rate does seem to be a bit extreme. I wish they'd be more transparent with their DAR reduction rates like other servers are.

This.

I make your words, mines. That summed exacly what i was thinking.

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 3

U guys got a bad habit of fixing problems that weren't there. Indv drops how they were originally, was never an actual issue. In fact to my knowledge, are they not worse things for this server that should be the concern.......like handling the upcoming pgf/Christmas event?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

IMO, there should be no reduction for indi drops. If there is 4 in a team, yes it would make it more likely the party overall will get a drop but still the same odds for the individual, so why should it be reduced? Whatever the answer is, the current parameters seem a bit tight.

2 hours ago, Ragtag26 said:

U guys got a bad habit of fixing problems that weren't there. Indv drops how they were originally, was never an actual issue. In fact to my knowledge, are they not worse things for this server that should be the concern.......like handling the upcoming pgf/Christmas event?

There was definitely a bug that cropped up. Anyone who saw how many banners there were in Triforce could tell you that. Something randomly broke the indi drop code and stopped it from doing any dar reduction, and it had to go be fixed.

1 hour ago, starscreme said:

IMO, there should be no reduction for indi drops. If there is 4 in a team, yes it would make it more likely the party overall will get a drop but still the same odds for the individual, so why should it be reduced? Whatever the answer is, the current parameters seem a bit tight.

That's just asking for things to be insanely easy. Individual drops is not the default style the game was designed with, and it's not always the ideal one to use in every situation. If there were no reduction, it would be blatantly imbalanced and not a reasonable optional choice. Remember, it rolls 4 drops every time you kill 1 monster, meaning massively increased overall chances if there were no reduction. It may be a dropstyle many people use, but if one wants to play quests that require splitting up, wants to play quests quickly with good teamwork without having to backtrack every room for drops, doesn't want to steal your friends banner for the item you are helping them hunt, play by themself for whatever personal reasons, or other such things, people may choose to do the vanilla shared style as well and they shouldn't be penalized just because they can't find a team, don't want a team, want to play the game more effectively, etc.. There needs to be a balance between both dropstyles, and that requires some kind of reduction.

Look, your only thing is always to want to shut up everyone. I do not know how do the tests. But I am a woman who learned to play here the hard way. And I'm not a fool. Before they fixed the "bug" many things were on the ground is true. But seriously do you think that what fell was all super good ?  as I said before, there could be 50 items thrown on the floor but most of them are garbage and that is obvious because this game has been working here for several years and it is very logical that many items are already devalued. And at this point most do not look for these types of items (more than anything I mean 9stars weapons or armors) For a weapon of 9stars to be worth it must have some decent%, and now since they made the arrangement I have not found any of this. In fact I am lucky if I find a "mind material"  or a "grinder" in the same party which also does not have any value at the end of accounts. So stop saying those things. Do you have any idea how many missions I had to do to find my first psycho black crystal? At least make about 20 games("and that was with the old individual drops" how is it supposed to be now? . At the end of the event I got 5 psycho black crystal in total, but I have played at least 200 runs (And this is just an example because I know that others did not even find one). Do you have any idea how much time is that? and I am now a housewife, and I gave myself the luxury of playing this game for many hours. I'm curious to know how many people will want to spend 6-10 hours a day to find nothing. It is as if you thought that real life does not exist. And you know what? At the same time, I do not want everything to be too easy, but I do not want it to be limited or non-existent. What they should do is find a way to promote this game so that more people can play (more people = more friends, more items, more income) You want this game have a drop rate supposedly like the original game and maybe that would not sound so bad if everything here was like the original but it's not. I read all about this game and the original game (the ver1 and 2) had 1,000,000 users ... the versions of xbox and gamecube reached more than 300,000 users .. and the blue burst version had more than 450000 users. It is obvious that although there was a "low drop rate" there were all kinds of items hovering in large quantities. But here you must bear in mind that there are usually between 40 and 80. Do you understand what I mean? because would it take me more time to explain it too ... It would be great to see 1,000 users connected here one day. Then it would be more understandable "a low drop rate". 

Why do not they better restructure all the weapons? that is, they already know how to make modifications so why not just create an improvement for all of them but in a moderate way, and for an example would be a simple "double saber" that when combined now with a "stone", "orb" , or "crystal" (or whatever you want to invent) and be transformed into another one with a higher status than the "stag cutlery" and be in purple, yellow, pink, it does not matter, but it would have an added value to this game. this with all the weapons and the item used to transform them could be a "rare" item with a "hard drop rate". those are things that would make more income appear, and maybe "just maybe" should already contemplate adding a new level of difficulty where you can have these new "orbs" in missions that represent a real challenge. And no, it is not the same to do quest where there are 50 enemies on the screen with the same power and level of always because you only have to carry a long or expansive sword and the enemies fall like flies (of course, speaking of very experienced players or games with four players) unlike entering a level with a low number of enemies, but they will make you suffer. As it happened with the "original" game where playing the ultimate mode for the first time was a real challenge for the players who came with their lv100 characters (the maximum lv of psover1) and face enemies that were created to resist characters of lv150 + and on top of that, we had to find new weapons that could face them. I already talk too much but I think that the points I'm trying to reach are understood. And before you think otherwise, I am concerned that the server is still active and I know that for example with my store I have gotten different users to donate to the server (I know why they tell me at the moment with words like "Give me a minute , I'm going to donate and then buy your weapon ") but I do not think it's about all weapons costing more than 100dts.  I do not disagree that there are expensive items. But there must also be economic items too.

I get tired of writing, it is very difficult for me to write everything in English and not be very sure if I did it well, also I have been sick these days and I am recovering little by little.

Edited by Ana G.5
  • Like 4

For those complaining about individual drop rates being reduced, to solve your problem, just don't use individual drops. You aren't being forced to use it. If they weren't reduced, there would be no reason to no use individual drops over party drops. There needs to be some trade offs in order to make it a decision worth thinking about.

• Dislike 4

I'm with a lot of the people on here. I rarely see or talk to people that get what they are hunting for and have to put in days to get the drops. GMs keep saying that it was a bug that drops were to much on triforce. Took me forever to get my Master Sword. Also for my Sacred bow. (Got 1 early but net on near end of event to get. Second) Even then economy was still going just fine and everyone was happy with drops and trading. If anything you could of just turned it down slightest bit but coming up and saying that you don't have to use the mode isn't the answer. So put it on shared so people can join your game and leave saying "shared is for loot ninja". Main reason I changed it over because apparenly you had jerks would steal the loot. But what you got going on now is just ruined the community as far as playing together as much. I see 80% locked games. 

Thought that individual wasn't suppose to have decrease when solo either. Done a lot of solo indiv. For red swords. Figured I would change over to shared. Started seeing drops actually show up. 

Anyway. Individual should have decrease, but still seems low. 

Although it being fixed wouldn't for sure get unlocked games. It would help.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Choko said:

For those complaining about individual drop rates being reduced, to solve your problem, just don't use individual drops. You aren't being forced to use it. If they weren't reduced, there would be no reason to no use individual drops over party drops. There needs to be some trade offs in order to make it a decision worth thinking about.

IMO Shared drops were the biggest issue with PSO (apart from duping and cheating). If you go in to a party with a group of friends and are looking for something specific, say a red ring, you let the group know you want it and they agree to let you have it, then fine, not a problem. I don't know about most folks here, but I go on, join a random group that's hunting something interesting (or create my own open party) and with individual drops, if it drops, it's mine, I don't have to worry about anyone letting me have the drop. I'm still after a Banana Cannon and have gone for it many times, I'm sure many others would like BC too, especially if it had nice stats and I wouldn't expect them to let me take it after many hours searching themselves. Shared drops also favors Hunters as they are in the thick of the action, right next to an enemy when they drop a rare, easy for them to ninja it, where as a Ranger is usually a fair distance and makes it less likely for them to be able to grab it. The reason I stopped playing on Xbox is because the HU I used to play with (I was RA) used to grab all the rares (we had an agreement, take it in turns for rares) and then would often claim it was just a PB and drop a PB on the floor! He always seemed to have nice gear though!

I agree that it would make the game very boring if nice drops were too easy but just lately it seems like nothing nice is dropping, despite putting a lot of hours in.

Edited by starscreme
  • Like 1

If we play in 4p Room with individual Drops and there is 35%(?) Chance to get any Item at all, the chance of getting the hunted Item gets even lower... The RR from Ultimate Whitill Dark Falz with a Droprate of 1⁄57 gets a Droprate of 1/171 for each Player in the Room. Its like hunting the RR with Redria ID in about double Number of Runs. For most Players with high enough Chars it makes no difference in Time, making the runs alone or in a Team. The RR in this example is "easy" to get. The rate of other Items will be much lower and gets near impossible without playing all day for weeks.

This will end in all playing alone to get there searched Items. Only the Players without good Chars/Equip wont get into contact with other Players and there Chance to get a good Drop will be even lower, because of the much more difficulty for them. That only results in some type of elitist Groups of lopng term Players and newer ones without any good gear.

Edited by _Kane_
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, _Kane_ said:

If we play in 4p Room with individual Drops and there is 35%(?) Chance to get any Item at all, the chance of getting the hunted Item gets even lower... The RR from Ultimate Whitill Dark Falz with a Droprate of 1⁄57 gets a Droprate of 1/171 for each Player in the Room. Its like hunting the RR with Redria ID in about double Number of Runs. For most Players with high enough Chars it makes no difference in Time, making the runs alone or in a Team. The RR in this example is "easy" to get. The rate of other Items will be much lower and gets near impossible without playing all day for weeks.

From what I understand the reduced DAR is a multiplier applied to whatever the DAR of the monster already has, so (MonsterDAR x DARreduction = indivDAR).

In the case of Dark Falz (which has 100% DAR with only one player/shared), the chance of a rare drop on whitil (when comparing 1 player to 4 player on indiv drops) becomes:

• 1 player = 1/57
  • 2 players =  ~1/85.6
  • 3 players = ~1/103.6
  • 4 players = ~1/132.6

Whether or not the DAR reduction, when you add more players, could use a slight tuning is up to the admins to decide.

PS: On a slightly related note: If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be. Correct me if I'm wrong), Happy hours will only increase the rare drop chance, but doesn't touch the DAR of the mob that's dropping said rare.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Ana G.5 said:

Look, your only thing is always to want to shut up everyone. I do not know how do the tests. But I am a woman who learned to play here the hard way. And I'm not a fool. Before they fixed the "bug" many things were on the ground is true. But seriously do you think that what fell was all super good ?  as I said before, there could be 50 items thrown on the floor but most of them are garbage and that is obvious because this game has been working here for several years and it is very logical that many items are already devalued. And at this point most do not look for these types of items (more than anything I mean 9stars weapons or armors) For a weapon of 9stars to be worth it must have some decent%, and now since they made the arrangement I have not found any of this. In fact I am lucky if I find a "mind material"  or a "grinder" in the same party which also does not have any value at the end of accounts. So stop saying those things. Do you have any idea how many missions I had to do to find my first psycho black crystal? At least make about 20 games("and that was with the old individual drops" how is it supposed to be now? . At the end of the event I got 5 psycho black crystal in total, but I have played at least 200 runs (And this is just an example because I know that others did not even find one). Do you have any idea how much time is that? and I am now a housewife, and I gave myself the luxury of playing this game for many hours. I'm curious to know how many people will want to spend 6-10 hours a day to find nothing. It is as if you thought that real life does not exist. And you know what? At the same time, I do not want everything to be too easy, but I do not want it to be limited or non-existent. What they should do is find a way to promote this game so that more people can play (more people = more friends, more items, more income) You want this game have a drop rate supposedly like the original game and maybe that would not sound so bad if everything here was like the original but it's not. I read all about this game and the original game (the ver1 and 2) had 1,000,000 users ... the versions of xbox and gamecube reached more than 300,000 users .. and the blue burst version had more than 450000 users. It is obvious that although there was a "low drop rate" there were all kinds of items hovering in large quantities. But here you must bear in mind that there are usually between 40 and 80. Do you understand what I mean? because would it take me more time to explain it too ... It would be great to see 1,000 users connected here one day. Then it would be more understandable "a low drop rate". 

Why do not they better restructure all the weapons? that is, they already know how to make modifications so why not just create an improvement for all of them but in a moderate way, and for an example would be a simple "double saber" that when combined now with a "stone", "orb" , or "crystal" (or whatever you want to invent) and be transformed into another one with a higher status than the "stag cutlery" and be in purple, yellow, pink, it does not matter, but it would have an added value to this game. this with all the weapons and the item used to transform them could be a "rare" item with a "hard drop rate". those are things that would make more income appear, and maybe "just maybe" should already contemplate adding a new level of difficulty where you can have these new "orbs" in missions that represent a real challenge. And no, it is not the same to do quest where there are 50 enemies on the screen with the same power and level of always because you only have to carry a long or expansive sword and the enemies fall like flies (of course, speaking of very experienced players or games with four players) unlike entering a level with a low number of enemies, but they will make you suffer. As it happened with the "original" game where playing the ultimate mode for the first time was a real challenge for the players who came with their lv100 characters (the maximum lv of psover1) and face enemies that were created to resist characters of lv150 + and on top of that, we had to find new weapons that could face them. I already talk too much but I think that the points I'm trying to reach are understood. And before you think otherwise, I am concerned that the server is still active and I know that for example with my store I have gotten different users to donate to the server (I know why they tell me at the moment with words like "Give me a minute , I'm going to donate and then buy your weapon ") but I do not think it's about all weapons costing more than 100dts.  I do not disagree that there are expensive items. But there must also be economic items too.

I get tired of writing, it is very difficult for me to write everything in English and not be very sure if I did it well, also I have been sick these days and I am recovering little by little.

i.feel you pls.just put.it. back to.the way it was before we start loseing vet players  8 have only.been here 2 months but i do not want to.see peeps leave the sever is all ready lossing good players every day

• Like 2

www.savethisserverfixDAR.com

In all honesty reducing DAR to drastic levels so next to nothing drops... is the polar opposite of what it was before.

Somehow going from one extreme to the exact opposite extreme makes even less sense. You could always go to the old rate, just cut it down slightly. So its not absurdly high if thats what staff claim. Also would satisfy everyone so its not so low limited drops appear either. We really are losing and have lost some good players here. The economy will keep getting worse again. It was finally on the mend and prospects regarding it were looking great for 2018. Now it just seems everyones going to play exclusively with friends. As well as just hiding in locked rooms+shared drop rates.  Previous rate might have been to high, might not have been as well. Either way stands to reason current rate is FAR to low. Resolve this please so the damage done can be repaired quickly. Thank you! Just listen to the players. They are what keep this server alive. No players=no server

• Like 3