No Boss Drops. confirmed 3 times....

@Soly @Larva @kajex

Ok, earlier I made an explanation on drop rate (based on my own experience). However, I hadn't played today and by seeing these recent complaints I decided to log in to test by myself because I hadn't noticed that something related to drop rate had been modified. I did a few runs on Individual Drop Style and confirmed that the Drop Rate is excessively low. I did PTS runs and, as you know, there's an extra room with at least 100 mobs and, in general, there were only 4 item boxes (Regular items). One of the party members got 6 item boxes, and the other one got 8. We're talking about 8 items from more than 100 mobs (Mates, fluids, B-ranks, etc.). After doing these runs, we tried Shared Drop Style on the same quest and we got around 21-24 item boxes; there were no rare drops, only regular items. In all of these runs, we fought against Falz, who dropped absolutely nothing (Not even a monomate). We did around 7 runs in total.

I consider that things should be left as they were because, if the Drop Rate is left this low, then rare items will become extremely expensive, and if there's already people complaining about having to pay 200 - 300 DTSs for a rare item, what's going to happen now if rare items become even rarer than they already were? I don't think it's ok/fair because most new players won't be buying a lot of rare items using DTS, even less if said rare items are way too expensive, and taking into account that most of us already got a good handful of rares by our own. Nowadays, most people already play on locked parties in order to get all of the rares for themselves or a handful of friends that go with them. Due to this, most new comers can't find any parties to play in, or anybody to invite at all, which leads them to either try playing alone or end up abandoning the server. If rare items become even rarer than they already are, then these locked parties will only increase in number and, by the end, most newcomers won't even find people to invite over which will make them eventually leave. I think this is something that should be considered.

In my personal opinion, and I hope somebody feels the same way, I think things should go back to how they were or, at least, that the Individual Drop Style is fixed so that its Drop Rate isn't so low. Honestly, if items are going to be so scarce by playing on Individual Drops, I doubt it makes any sense at all to keep said Style available; almost nothing is being dropped, and it's thanks to this style that almost nobody has had any trouble with players "stealing items", for I remember how people used to complain about how "someone" stole "their" drop (Which isn't actually stealing, but it is true that a lot of players were just waiting for a mob to be killed to run for its drop).

• Like 6

How many players were in that party? Just to know what reduction was being applied

But from 14 to 24 items... is not too bad, I'd say.
I guess we could play around increasing DAR a bit more but everything is as it was supposed to be, now.

11 minutes ago, Ana G.5 said:

@Soly @Larva @kajex

Ok, earlier I made an explanation on drop rate (based on my own experience). However, I hadn't played today and by seeing these recent complaints I decided to log in to test by myself because I hadn't noticed that something related to drop rate had been modified. I did a few runs on Individual Drop Style and confirmed that the Drop Rate is excessively low. I did PTS runs and, as you know, there's an extra room with at least 100 mobs and, in general, there were only 4 item boxes (Regular items). One of the party members got 6 item boxes, and the other one got 8. We're talking about 8 items from more than 100 mobs (Mates, fluids, B-ranks, etc.). After doing these runs, we tried Shared Drop Style on the same quest and we got around 21-24 item boxes; there were no rare drops, only regular items. In all of these runs, we fought against Falz, who dropped absolutely nothing (Not even a monomate). We did around 7 runs in total.

I consider that things should be left as they were because, if the Drop Rate is left this low, then rare items will become extremely expensive, and if there's already people complaining about having to pay 200 - 300 DTSs for a rare item, what's going to happen now if rare items become even rarer than they already were? I don't think it's ok/fair because most new players won't be buying a lot of rare items using DTS, even less if said rare items are way too expensive, and taking into account that most of us already got a good handful of rares by our own. Nowadays, most people already play on locked parties in order to get all of the rares for themselves or a handful of friends that go with them. Due to this, most new comers can't find any parties to play in, or anybody to invite at all, which leads them to either try playing alone or end up abandoning the server. If rare items become even rarer than they already are, then these locked parties will only increase in number and, by the end, most newcomers won't even find people to invite over which will make them eventually leave. I think this is something that should be considered.

In my personal opinion, and I hope somebody feels the same way, I think things should go back to how they were or, at least, that the Individual Drop Style is fixed so that its Drop Rate isn't so low. Honestly, if items are going to be so scarce by playing on Individual Drops, I doubt it makes any sense at all to keep said Style available; almost nothing is being dropped, and it's thanks to this style that almost nobody has had any trouble with players "stealing items", for I remember how people used to complain about how "someone" stole "their" drop (Which isn't actually stealing, but it is true that a lot of players were just waiting for a mob to be killed to run for its drop).

it is weird how these game works, more than 50 runs with shared drops, 5 epsilons each, 1 roct run with individual drops and we found 4 orbs (1 each party member) and 2 pwand.

Soly te escribiré esto en español por que me es difícil estar pensando como escribirlo en ingles.

Eramos tres jugadores, pero el cuarto secreto en PTS debe al menos tener entre 80-100 enemigos y que de ellos me tiren solo 4-5 cosas???   y encima nada de ello es nada por fueron monomates, dimates, difluid y uno que otro armadura de baja categoría? y solo te estoy mencionado ese cuarto. había cuartos en donde no tiraban nada de nada.... y encima falz nada de nada tampoco.

Y en shared el cuartoi de pts tuvo entre unos 20-24 items de esos mismo 100 enemigos cuando antes "en shared" te salían al menos unos 40-60 items lo cual es una enorme diferencia.

Ahora podra haber 40 items en el cuarto pero de esos 40-50 items solo de 2-5 podrian valer la pena (no se algún material, un grinder o alguna caja roja.)

Pero esto era en shared y si, también en individual salian muchas cosas (hablando de antes que le hicieran este cambio) y casi lo mismo que en shared pero no era igual aun así, ya que en individual podría casi asegurarte que en el mismo cuarto de PTS saldrían entre desde unos 25 hasta 40 items (pero de nuevo repito que de esos  la gran mayoría es basura)

Entonces si ahora va a salir la tercera parte de lo que antes salia y encima de esas pocas cosas los items seran basura, ¿pues que caso tiene eso?

Y es lógico que así a la larga los items se volverían mas raros y caros, y reitero que ya hay varias personas que se quejan del costo exagerado de "x" item por 200 o 300dts lo cual en verdad es ridículo.

No se soly pero no entiendo cual es la finalidad de esto, si solo veo que provocaría que jugadores nuevos que lleguen mejor se retiren por el monopolio que ya habria por los jugadores que ya tiene mas tiempo. No lo dejes tan bajo por que se entiende fácilmente que a muchos jugadores les agrada mucho jugar en modo individual por que asi no es tan incomodo como lo era cuando todo estaba en el modo shared donde todos estábamos a la espera de que algo cayera para ganarselo a otro.

Vi un video de PSO2 en donde la opción es del tipo individual  y le caen bastantes items al personaje, no veo por que aquí tendría que ser tan bajo.

Anda soly dejalo como estaba o subelo mas de lo que arreglaste. sabemos que puedes  :)

Edited by Ana G.5
  • Like 1

We didn't intend to change anything related to difficult of the drops. It seams fixing the DAR impacted more than we thought. Now we need to adjust it. Work in progress.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for confirming and help with this. I didn't notice everyone was having such an issue with it as well, but glad to shed some light on this. I haven't tried to confirm it on other episodes. Only actually boss i was running was Ep. 4 boss for Girasole from the Event. Never seen a problem. Can't wait to see when its fixed. For now. hunter seems very tedious :(

@larva Good deal.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ana G.5 said:

I don't think it's ok/fair because most new players won't be buying a lot of rare items using DTS, even less if said rare items are way too expensive, and taking into account that most of us already got a good handful of rares by our own. Nowadays, most people already play on locked parties in order to get all of the rares for themselves or a handful of friends that go with them. Due to this, most new comers can't find any parties to play in, or anybody to invite at all, which leads them to either try playing alone or end up abandoning the server. If rare items become even rarer than they already are, then these locked parties will only increase in number and, by the end, most newcomers won't even find people to invite over which will make them eventually leave. I think this is something that should be considered.

I meant to throw this in. It's going a little off topic, but since Ana said something bout it throwing it in. I agree with all the locked party and new player stuff. When i started, i ran into this problem a whole lot about the locked games and hard to find community. Luckily, my love for the game.. and first private server... went and grinded it out and go to ultimate. Then the Triforce event started.

I have talked to some people today and they even said they was logging off because white names. no experience buff. no drops.  why keep playing. so this is may cause a drop. 

Anyway. Just some server community talk. Lots of good friends now over the time on server. :)

1 hour ago, Larva said:

We didn't intend to change anything related to difficult of the drops. It seams fixing the DAR impacted more than we thought. Now we need to adjust it. Work in progress.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

All of you are the best, it's sure to fix it

can confirm. Did several runs with OP yesterday and no boss dropped anything, not even a monomate. Also notice mobs were dropping items a fair distance away from where they died (no one was lagging), not sure if related and boss items were dropping off the map.

Edited by starscreme
4 hours ago, Laz said:

Hi,Do the DAR 100% will drop something? I do pod, the boss drop nothing, not sure it is a problem of mine.

Bosses have no common drop set, so they can drop nothing about 1/3 of the time (when you don't get a rare drop)

On 10/24/2017 at 9:54 PM, Ana G.5 said:

@Soly @Larva @kajex

Ana <3

• Like 1