Chuk's general Forceguide

chuk

OK for some more down-to-earth piece of info, i'll correct a few things:

_ Higher level of Resta and MST willl not increase resta's radius.

_Battle Fos do not have to change their spell customization all the time. I personally have, with my fonewm, RA techs on the 3-buttons palette withough ctrl, SI techs with ctrl, grants on 9, megid on 0, occasional gifoi spamming from the F3 shortcut menu which does perfectly. The only moments when i change (and which are rather optional) are before barba ray and n-vh gol dragon for gizonde instead of razonde.

_Standing still is nothing great, even past the 150'.

_damage cancel is nothing,seriously. Even while playig with other advanced players, it does not "always" slow a team down.

_Something you told me in-game: that enemies' recoil from your spells depend on the damage you inflict to them. This is absolutely not true!

Now things you haven't talked about:

_Being immune makes a better support FO. How will the white mage unparalyse others if he is paralysed? Equip cure/para; freeze; shock; confuse units.

Def mats on this server. As the max for DFP has been raised by 100 (same for MST, less importantly), and given this can be made even more profitable with high deband, we can as well take advantage of it. I say use 50 more def mats for an elf FO than you would on the normal PSOBB game to have those supplementary 100 points in DFP., disdaining the other stats than DFP and MST. You'll do perfectly well if you're an elf FO.

_Rythm breaking? Far more considerable to me than damage cancelling. It is, on the side of the FO, the disturbance in the rythm with which he makes monsters have some recoil with say rafoie created by his support spells (which do nothing to make enemies have recoil), thus letting the enemies time to act -noticeably dangerous against gorans and ill-gills- ; and, on the side of the team, the disturbance in said recoil created by them attacking the enemies. But I won't personally tell them about it, as they have fun the way they want, mm?

_The elemaental staves to increase damage of simple attack spells by 40% each (namely adaman, laconium and zumiuran) are very useful against bosses.

And that's pretty much all. I know it's confusing about the rythm breaking part, but be a battle FO and you'll see.

Lets see :

1. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1007 higher level resta gives you a greater radius. The amount of MST will increase the amount you heal each time.

2. This depends on your playstyle, if you wanna be the most effective, it's best to change your action palette (mostly for people who play with gamecontrollers and don't wanna toggle between pad and keyboard all the time). Everyone their way of playing.

3. True, only good for casting ruyker when you run out of fluids w/o realizing it, else - When you are low on tp, pop a fluid! -

4. Dammage cancel, I'll ellaborate that in the guide, but obviously when the FO is dealing the most dammage, then you won't feel much difference. I suggest you looking up a little more on the subject. Important when you want to be fast, not just the average way people play. (or if you're patient, I'll show you some examples ingame).

5. I don't remember telling that to anyone as it is not true. Maybe it was april 1st? Magic spells don't recoil, they only stun (some of them ).

---

a) Imunity, the only problematic ones are the paralyse and the shock one, when you're out of sols and antipara's. You can wear sacred cloth or cure/paralyse cure/shock to save your ass from those. Next to them is freeze, what is not really a problem as you only need to move your direction keys rapiditly. This can be tricky at falz's second form, with the double ice dammage glitch. All other statuses can easily be auto-cured with anti.

b)Defence, a rather difficult stat to understand. Defence only reduces the amount of fysical dammage you can get, but also determins wheter or not you get knocked down(it's possible evp and/or hp have an influence aswell, not sure). So you better have :

- or very low defence to get knocked down and be invincible for a moment and survie the next hits

- or get it high enough to survive all hits in a row. (This iw why higher level players will die way faster against some ennemies like baranz as they take every rocket in there face.) Try the quest :"mine offensive" and we'll talk again ^^

NOTE : At elemental dammage, resist units save the day.

7. Rythm breaking? I guess you mean the fact you stop ennemies from attacking you? Sure, you'll team will have an easier time without getting hit, but you won't clear the room as fast as you would w/o dammage cancelling (DC). Casual players should not bother DC as their goal is mostly not to beat a certain time.

8. True, never mentionned the opposite did I? I tell people to look for wich weapons are better then others to maximize their technique dammage. However carrying 3 staffs for a 40% boost instead of 1 staff that boost them all with 30% is just a matter of preference. In my opinion it is not worth it to carry more items for that 10% (especially as I swap alot in weaponary) but everyone their way of playing ;).

I apreciate the feedback though, and I'll change some stuff in my guide after the exams, but for now I hope I cleared things up for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see :

1. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1007 higher level resta gives you a greater radius. The amount of MST will increase the amount you heal each time.

2. This depends on your playstyle, if you wanna be the most effective, it's best to change your action palette (mostly for people who play with gamecontrollers and don't wanna toggle between pad and keyboard all the time). Everyone their way of playing.

3. True, only good for casting ruyker when you run out of fluids w/o realizing it, else - When you are low on tp, pop a fluid! -

4. Dammage cancel, I'll ellaborate that in the guide, but obviously when the FO is dealing the most dammage, then you won't feel much difference. I suggest you looking up a little more on the subject. Important when you want to be fast, not just the average way people play. (or if you're patient, I'll show you some examples ingame).

5. I don't remember telling that to anyone as it is not true. Maybe it was april 1st? Magic spells don't recoil, they only stun (some of them ).

---

a) Imunity, the only problematic ones are the paralyse and the shock one, when you're out of sols and antipara's. You can wear sacred cloth or cure/paralyse cure/shock to save your ass from those. Next to them is freeze, what is not really a problem as you only need to move your direction keys rapiditly. This can be tricky at falz's second form, with the double ice dammage glitch. All other statuses can easily be auto-cured with anti.

b)Defence, a rather difficult stat to understand. Defence only reduces the amount of fysical dammage you can get, but also determins wheter or not you get knocked down(it's possible evp and/or hp have an influence aswell, not sure). So you better have :

- or very low defence to get knocked down and be invincible for a moment and survie the next hits

- or get it high enough to survive all hits in a row. (This iw why higher level players will die way faster against some ennemies like baranz as they take every rocket in there face.) Try the quest :"mine offensive" and we'll talk again ^^

NOTE : At elemental dammage, resist units save the day.

7. Rythm breaking? I guess you mean the fact you stop ennemies from attacking you? Sure, you'll team will have an easier time without getting hit, but you won't clear the room as fast as you would w/o dammage cancelling (DC). Casual players should not bother DC as their goal is mostly not to beat a certain time.

8. True, never mentionned the opposite did I? I tell people to look for wich weapons are better then others to maximize their technique dammage. However carrying 3 staffs for a 40% boost instead of 1 staff that boost them all with 30% is just a matter of preference. In my opinion it is not worth it to carry more items for that 10% (especially as I swap alot in weaponary) but everyone their way of playing ;).

I apreciate the feedback though, and I'll change some stuff in my guide after the exams, but for now I hope I cleared things up for you.

1_NO! THat was for the Dreamcast and PC versions! You consulted the wrong page, Chuk! ;*D)))

2_Iffy. I play on keyboard so I confess I don't know. Still iffy. And it seems more practical to me to stick to a given customization.

3_Yes for Ryuker. Also I forgot to mention it's best not to wait till you completely run out of TP before to pop a tri; you may be caught off guard unable to cast a spell and die.

4_Yes I'm willing to be patient on the testing of that iffy matter. Even if it proves true occasionally. I'm still not convinced about the overall result.

5_Well personally, I remember you did tell me the degree of disturbance from spells depended on the damage they caused. Bah, no matter.

6_I agree. The most annoting ones have to be paralysis (not paralyse) and shock. I personally want to avoid confuse and freeze too although less dangerous. I guess it's personal but it's to be pointed out that the priority is indeed to avoid paralysis and shock. STill annoying to be confused though.

7_Yes you got my point. I'm unsure about your DC thing.

8_No you never mentionnend the opposite. I tell it to newbies. Chill Chuk, not all I say is to contradict you! lol It seems more pro to me to switch between the 3 elemental clubs depending on circumstances, plus it makes people used to be constantly switching weapons, which is part of the fun to me. But yeah, it's also a matter of personnal preference. Still I wanted newbies to know.

Peace :)

Edited by shion255

• 4 years later...

(I realize I'm zombifying a 4 years old topic but hey, it IS a force question)

So can you use a FOmar to be an efficient nuker? And I don't mean at level 200 with uber gear against the right monsters in only certain conditions. I mean: as a general rule. Can a FOmar be an efficient nuker right from normal mode and on the way to ultimate.

I want to play a nuker, I never did, but I don't want to close the melee door either. Also, FOnewms look... like dorks.

Edited by Aeroprism

(I realize I'm zombifying a 4 years old topic but hey, it IS a force question)

So can you use a FOmar to be an efficient nuker? And I don't mean at level 200 with uber gear against the right monsters in only certain conditions. I mean: as a general rule. Can a FOmar be an efficient nuker right from normal mode and on the way to ultimate.

I want to play a nuker, I never did, but I don't want to close the melee door either. Also, FOnewms look... like dorks.

Techs can do good damage from normal - vhard, but when you say "at level 200 with uber gear against the right monsters in only certain conditions" that's pretty much what all nuking in ultimate is; forces are not really black mages, they shift more between white mage and spellsword class. If you don't want to close the melee door than don't pick fomar; until godric's cloak is fixed his horrendous ata along with lack of access to female gear already cut him off from doing any effective meleeing easily. Fomarl is a much stronger melee choice, she can have 17 more ata with kroes on and can use rambling may and vivienne very effectively. Fonewearl is also extremely close to fonewm in nuking power too, they do basically the same damage, and even though her atp is weakest of all chars and mst is highest of all, she still does more damage with weapons than with techs, and her higher accuracy lets her be very good with demons weapons as well. Nuking is less about levels than it is about gear, because mst is the least important factor for your tech damage (your tech boosting gear and natural tech boosts, tech levels, and enemy resists are all much larger factors). In ult you really need hylian shield and pwand to do any significant damage (techspam is usually reserved for soloing), and even then, techs usually harm more than they help; they cause a lot of damage cancel (techs are much more likely to cause damage cancel than anything else), various bugs, and mess with teammates and enemy positioning and reactions a lot, among other things. Spamming techs to try to help your teammates more often actually slows things down instead of speeding things up. You can use techs to do good damage up to vhard.... but in general, attack techs are going to cause way more harm than good for the team.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Fyrewolf5.

So even though she has the lowest MST, a FOmarl would be the best candidate? Interesting.

I might also consider a FOnewearl. If you say they can be useful in melee because of the gear you mentioned, I'm all for it. And I understand what you mean by team playing: a force in team should S/D, J/Z, heal and then melee; it's all about support. If I want to be on the team frontline, I have a HUcast for that.

Edit: Wow... FOnewearl's max ATP is 583... that's barely above half a FOmar.

I never imagined PICKING a force would be so complicated :D

Edited by Aeroprism