I recently started playing again after i went away for a year or so. I tried to run the game on the same laptop that i played with prior after reinstalling the game and getting all the updates. The game runs extremely choppy if im in a with alot of people or im facing alot of enemies and Boss battles. When i try to change the settings for the game it won't even start. It will immeditely crash if I change the screen size lower the resoultion or change the default settings.

I can run PSO2 like a breeze and even more demanding titles on this.

I don't know what to do and im at a loss here.

there's a number of different things to try. In the Launcher.exe options, you can turn off advanced effects, turn on low-res textures, and turn on reduced cpu consumption. Also make sure some other background programs aren't using up alot of your cpu, close out of a few and see if things work better. There is also the ever popular 'restart your computer' option, which actually can be a thing; in some rare cases pso may have some issue where it just can't run properly until you restart (runs extremely slowly and nothing but restart will fix), it's only happened to me like 2-3 times ever though.

I tried the methods listed above but it was still no good.

So im'a dump my laptop's specs:

Radeon Software Version - 17.7.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R3 Graphics
Memory Size - 1024 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Core Clock - 600 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
2.0 Ghz Processing 

That's what im running pso with. Im starting to think its my connectivity to the server itself.  My DL speedis about 35- 100 mbps wired and 30-42 on wifi. When i play solo the game slows down a bit but its playable and what not. When i'm with other people though its just gets really bad. Even in the lobby just sitting around the game looks like is having supreme slowdown and its trying to catch up with everything else. The bosses in episode 1 glitch sometimes. Del ray and Dark falz and episode 4 is all but unplayable. It just sucks i use to run this game with ease and can't even get it to work properly now.

Edited by YuushaBozu

It seems like it actually has nothing to do with connectivity.
Do you have anything that interferes with the game graphics (any kind of overlay stuff)?

Your system specs are obviously more than enough but who knows what is installed in your pc and potentially messing with the game.

I see Crimson ReLive has recording features, might want to turn that stuff off and try.

Crimsom Relive isn't even on my comp, i just used AMD RAD settings to grab my pc specs.

Overlay stuff? I'm not too sure about that. I really wouldn't know where to start to look and see what possibly is interfering with pso's graphics, but i'm determined to get this back in to working order.

Could you give me some examples of what could be affecting it? windows def? avast? anti-virus stuff?

(i don't have any background apps running either)

I don't really know, I have never had lag issues.. Stuff like raptr can make the graphics wonky and probably affect performance too.

I'd try to shut down every application and try but if something is as a service that will get a bit more complicated.

I shutdown all the apps and things tried it again, it was still them same problem.  So I went to the frame skipper(?) and saw it was on 0 so i turned it on auto and it helped somewhat, so im guessing i should start there?

Edited by YuushaBozu
I shutdown all the apps and things tried it again, it was still them same problem.  So I went to the frame skipper(?) and saw it was on 0 so i turned it on auto and it helped somewhat, so im guessing i should start there?
Try to actually disable AMD RAD, and if you have any external software related to your graphics that could do it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I hope I do not get in the way.

I had a similar problem. And we did delete the game completely (delete all the folders).

Download the program again from the pso ultima page. (do not use the old one you have)

Then we install the game in a different folder (not in programs) And that solved the problem.

Also afterwards I recommend that you always start with the launcher.

And go options and desactive "IME", Cpu Usage Reduction", "rare special", "Crash dumps"  and obviously the "test server".

some of these options seem to cause lag (and the game slows down in some areas).

I hope this can help you