What does PSO mean to you?

What does it mean to you guys and girls? 

For me?

Well I played way back in the early 2000's on the GameCube. This was in middle school and it was me and my friends sort of "hey wanna come over and play" thing. Like every weekend it was PSO and pizza. We'd show off what we'd gotten that week for drops or shared new info, as back then quests and such were kind of figure it out as you go. So many sleepless nights just grinding those levels to get to the next difficulty for better gear and xp. 

I gotta say, I have some really fond memories of this game and in between 10 years, nothing's really changed about my PSO experience. It's like I time travelled with BlueBurst and I'm 13 again lol. Same sleepless nights, same grind. And as things stand now, it looks like I'll also be creating even more memories of PSO with everyone here. So glad this server is alive as I read that many others died.

So on that note: I'd like to thank the GMs for all the hard work they put in to keep things running, and to thank all those who support the site with donations as I, at the moment, can not. Thank you all :) 

-Jace

• Like 3

I've played lots of co-op games over time, and almost exclusively with three people: mom in puzzle games, dad in some old NES / Genesis games he took a liking to, and my best friend. A few people in between, of course, but mostly those three.

With mom, it was casual. With dad, it was mutual. But with my best friend, who I had almost twenty years of playing alongside off and on, it was supportive. He was always acting without thinking in games, trying for whatever looked the coolest or made the biggest numbers or effects. I just naturally tried to compliment that with a support or protective role of some kind, to avoid him getting frustrated. Hell, I figured out I could do long division in my head at six years old because of helping him. And that basically triggered a joy of enjoying working out the mechanics of things for others.

PSO was a natural fit for us, and the first time it felt like I could actually fully take an active support role that still holds its own. His HUcaseal was strong, of course, but he loved daggers and twin swords to no end, even to the point of constantly being surrounded. So, I figured out how to support with the arguably best healing / casting class I could read a description of. FOnewearl for life, baby. Even after getting well past him, the strong casting nature and self-sustainability I had with my Gamecube character was fun. Offline, only eight real dungeons to run, and yet I still clocked maybe the fourth or fifth most hours of any game I've ever had on PSO.

PSO: Pleasure Supporting Others.

• Like 3

For me it's hard to say what does "PSO mean to me" and not thing well what does "Phantasy Star mean to me". Phantasy Star means a lot to me. I started playing Phantasy Star Universe in the 3rd grade(for those of you who know me that was REALLY that long ago 10 years) and it was a huge part of my life. Some of my online best friends that I  text daily and play games with daily are from PSU and these are friends that seemingly last. The game was amazing and I loved it. When It closed I was maybe in high school and that sucked big time. I looked for replacements for it. I ended up buying a PS vita and whatever else to get the early alpha code to play PSO2 in japanese which was fun for some time but not quite the feel of psu so I searched further and found scthack and played with a friend for about a week before we saw someone "recruiting" for a team on Ultima(CrimsonKnights). My move to Ultima was simple and I loved it and played with some big name Phantasy Star players for some time and since I was young many of the GMs here(Kajex) literally watched me grow from a get-whatever-I-want child to a slightly more  relaxed young adult and I've loved Ultima since the day I was here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kikori said:

PSO: Pleasure Supporting Others.

Pretty much sums up what PSO means to me too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Colorado Wilson said:

watched me grow from a get-whatever-I-want child to a slightly more  relaxed young adult and I've loved Ultima since the day I was here.

Not so sure about the adult thing part man :D but you indeed have grown and become boring :onion-head63:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Wilson said:

Hey hey, I'm slightly more mannered now. Yeah, my internal monologue finds me very boring on the outside compared to how I'd like to but I still love y'all <3 

we love you too XD

• Like 1

PSO has always fascinated me. Even though it was very repetitive, I enjoy(ed) going through the forest over and over to kill some booma's. The game was simple enough for me to pick it up as a child and yet deep enough to enjoy it as a young adult. I've met some very nice people on ultima and learned quite a bit of programming by tweaking around with it so it defenetly has shaped me. I've also met my lovely gf on here many years ago which I live together with for quite some years now!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, chuk said:

PSO has always fascinated me. Even though it was very repetitive, I enjoy(ed) going through the forest over and over to kill some booma's. The game was simple enough for me to pick it up as a child and yet deep enough to enjoy it as a young adult. I've met some very nice people on ultima and learned quite a bit of programming by tweaking around with it so it defenetly has shaped me. I've also met my lovely gf on here many years ago which I live together with for quite some years now!

CHUK!!!! Remember the PSO Wedding for you and your Gf? I was there for that and yeah, PSO is my childhood too. I love everyone on Ultima and I plan on being here for a very very very very long time! So many people shaped me during my teen years and took on Game Development as a hobby ( Released two games on STEAM now, working on  a horror game next!) The Monster Designs, animations and names serve as reference for me now. I LOVE PSO! :cc-in-love:

• Like 2

CHUK!!!! Remember the PSO Wedding for you and your Gf? I was there for that and yeah, PSO is my childhood too. I love everyone on Ultima and I plan on being here for a very very very very long time! So many people shaped me during my teen years and took on Game Development as a hobby ( Released two games on STEAM now, working on  a horror game next!) The Monster Designs, animations and names serve as reference for me now. I LOVE PSO! :cc-in-love:
I'll be around for a long time too, let's see who quits first xD.

PSO for me means a lot I would have to write a huge wall of text so better I'll just use keywords.
Family, childhood, love, friends, years of fun, and a lot more.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Dw 1

I spent almost every night playing it with the same two people I met my first day online up until the last day of the DC servers. Like a few others, it was my door into programming as well. Some of the decisions that have largely affected my life were influenced by people I've met in the PSO community as well, so it is safe to say that without PSO, my life would be entirely different right now.

• Like 5

I spent almost every night playing it with the same two people I met my first day online up until the last day of the DC servers. Like a few others, it was my door into programming as well. Some of the decisions that have largely affected my life were influenced by people I've met in the PSO community as well, so it is safe to say that without PSO, my life would be entirely different right now.
It's crazy how a game can change our life right? But the true is, it's not just the game but everything around it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...