Ryu's 2nd PGF Event

ryukin

Ryu's PGF Event part duex

Are you anticipating the upcoming halloween/anni/christmas event and wanting to hunt those rare items, but wish you had a DM/DF to make the hunting easier? WELL ITS ABOUT TIME MY EVENT CAME AROUND TO FIX THAT PROBLEM.

it's going to be different this time. Instead of what I wanted, another TA event (I can hear you boo'ing your monitor), someone suggested battle. So I thought about it and i'm ok with it. I got this game on release day when it came to the US and I was only 12. I LOVED the battle rule 6, on the spaceship and its some of my best memories of my literal 6000+ hours on the dreamcast. So that's where EVERYTHING is going to take place.

If there are a lot of people, I will be doing teams, 2v2 on the same battle rule 6. Now the area is somewhat small esp for a 2v2, and you CAN kill your team mate so it's going to be tricky about what class you choose. Your own freeze traps will freeze YOU as well for those that don't know. 

My main goal is getting it down to top 8 players to 1v1 on battle rule 6. So if there are many entrants in this, like I said i'll be doing 2v2 teams on the same battle rule. But to make it fair there are no premade teams. I will be pairing people up so theres no specific team dominating. If a team wins, and the tourny is still having to be 2v2 to narrow down, there is a great chance you wont be playing again with the same person. Needless to say, there is a chance that you will be. It'll be 100% rng. As in i'll cut up paper irl of the 4 about to play and the first two I pick out will be on the same team (it's an example i'm sure i'll have something better than that).

Even though it'll be random if it comes down to teams, i'll do my best to tell you who your next partner is asap so you can say "hey i'm doing this class x". If you don't get the PM or whatever I said til last second telling you who it is that's on you. But I mean it'll take 30s to create a new character real quick 5 min before your turn anyways. 

The main rule is since I can't be in there with you guys, one of the winners if it's 2v2 has to upload a screen shot of the final score. If you guys runs some literal potato and still AMAZINGLY WON MAGICALLY BY THE GRACE OF SOMEHOW, all 4 people will need to admit your team won. Or one of the losers can upload it, but it should seriously be on the winners to do that because that's just messed up if the loser uploads it. 

This is what it looks like . http://imgur.com/a/4U1bl

This will be held the weekend the Triforce event ends so this doesn't override or take away hunt time. Triforce ends on Sept. 27, so this event will be on Sept 29, Sept 30, and Oct 1st. 

And now for what you've been waiting for...

Prizeszs

First Place - The PGF (who would have guessed?...)

Second Place - Cent/battle + SOV + 60 dts

Third place - Cent/battle + 30 dts

Rest of top 8 get 15 dts (wew lad just for participating)

So in conclusion, the last weekend of Sept, is when this event will take place. The prizes are literally right above this text. You must submit a screen shot of you winning. Depending on how many people enter, I will decide when the start times should be, if its not many entries then it'll be shorter. If you no show, then you're disqualified. If your partner no shows, you just get a new partner since i'm the one assigning them for RNG purposes and it would be stupid if you get disqualified because of someone you don't know.

REPLY TO THIS POST IF YOU WANT TO ENTERRRRRR

dumb rules - no gms, and apparently no shoutgu? apparently he's too good that it'd be one sided, i've heard this before it was suggested today for like the past 3 years so 

any questions just ask in a reply to this post, i may have forgotten to say something like I did last time

edit: if you don't know what battle 6 rules are: start off lvl 20 (not lvl 1) and each time you die you level up a set amount of levels and get more def/evp. So starting out, forces have stuff like med lvl gifore/rafoie right off the bat so you can base strats off that. Downside to force is if you run out of tp... rip. But you get your tp back once you die. You also get boxes in your spawn. Those are RNG as well so be careful... they can contain a rifle/handgun/cane or rod and no new ones pop up for the entire game. Try it out with a friend and find out some neat strats/how it works before the event!

Edited by ryukin
  • Like 6

I'm in too!

Question, can I just recreate a character that I am going to use, so I don't get those nasty battle stats on my main character? Since even a level 1 character will adhere to the rules and become level 20 for instance?

Sounds a great event and prizes too!

Thanks!

@ryukin You should probably add a "No Sylph" rule. I'd not bet on Shoutgu if the two of them would fight =)

I hope you guys have a good internet connection too, because battle is a real bitch on that point, brace yourself for some serious desync ^.^

PS : I personally rather the warp rule battle, I find R6 relatively boring (I mean, doing it once or twice is fine, but then a bit of change is nice)