Game issues

Scott18

If anyone could assist me in making this game work on my laptop again that would be awesome. It was working about a month ago, but out of no where it stopped working. It opens up the launcher with no issues, but as soon as I select to start the game it immediately stops working for some reason. The first time it was a graphics issue, but I have tried every combination of graphics and it does not seem to be working. I have even reinstalled the game several times. If anyone has any other tricks or if there is another patch I am supposed to download please let me know.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Scott18 said:

I get this every time now again. At first me and lemon were able to figure it was a graphics issue and fixed it, but now it does not seem to work anymore.

2017-09-04.png

Please, run the launcher as admin, go into options and enable crash dumps.
Then run the game (if it crashes) it will generate a dmp file in your game folder, upload that here

Also the window that is being created is quite bigger than your desktop resolution.
I'd advise to lower it.

That error... I got that on my monitor until I disabled scaling for psobb.exe. Ā Open your PSO folder. Ā Right click on psobb.exe. Ā Go to the compatibility tab. Ā Check the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." then click OK. (Click to zoom on image.)Ā 

YmqmU4c.png

That crash can also happen if your resolution is set too high. Ā Go to your launcher options and try a lower resolution. Ā Sometimes that can help. Ā Also, when starting the launcher, try right clicking and "Run as administrator." Ā Sometimes that can help.

If you're still getting errors, and cannot upload pics, you can use imgur, photobucket, or any other image hosting site. Ā If you paste a link to an image (with the .jpg or .png extension), it will automatically embed it into your post.

Okay. Ā Try just running the game at 640x480 (or whatever the lowest resolution is that you can get from the launcher). Ā That will rule out what I think could be causing the crashing. Ā If that works, pick a setting that is lower than what you're currently running, but higher than 640x480. Ā 

44lpkSX.png

Edit: Ā Still crashes on 640x480?

Edited by kajex