Dark Meteor Special Attack Colour

Shisui

Just now, Night said:

tantchen lies doch mal alles xP habe herausgefunden wie man das file data.gsl wieder updated also kein ding :3

hab alles gelesen kollege. :P

kannst dir aber die ganzen wege sparen um schneller zu testen

Just now, Shiva said:

hab alles gelesen kollege. :P

kannst dir aber die ganzen wege sparen um schneller zu testen

oh hehe

das heißt im endeffekt könnt ich alles aus dem data.gsl exportieren. änderungen vornehmen und einfach im folder data wieder speichern? das wäre natürlich ein zeitersparnis

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lemon said:

This?

Thank you and kind of but not exactly what I was proposing but I think Shiva answered me precisely below. But I will deffo come back to it, its very helpful tyty!

19 minutes ago, Shiva said:

any file inside the data.gls can be updated by throwing them into the data folder without updating the data.gls.

https://mega.nz/#!3NohGYZK!mds1v86DrUdnDxRL9DIKogeFp5xXNwYwOAlBZ4sWgdQ

I think this is it! Thank you man lol... I can navigate the textures a lot more easier now, knowing what number represent what weapon/texture <3!

8 hours ago, Night said:

@Junsui

well i dont use the gsl extractor since it can only extract files. On the side with the skins where you can find the gsl extractor there is a link to more tools where you find a gsl updater with which you can export and import.

To do that you need 3 tools: gsl updater, texture manager and paint.net/photoshop/etc to edit the colour and such stuff

Search for the file you are lookin. Export it with gsl updater. Open it with texture manager. Export it as DDS. Open it ,in my case with paint.net, save it as DDS. Import it with with texture manager in that ID you exported it from. Then you can save it as .bml .xvm .prs (and another file type i forgot)

Then back to the gsl updater. Navigate back to the file which you have exported. Import your edited bml/xvm/prs. Then save it as data.gsl (this may take a little time to safe)

Thats what i did :3

also i was thinkin about that today morning.. and i think i figured it out why all those particle i changed to blue got green. xD its like i said a mix of colours. the effect texture pack uses a texture for the effect (which is yellow/orange) and then there are 3 other textures with colours which i changed to sky blue. and yeah obviously yellow+blue = green xD still dont know why it changed the particle stuff but ill figure that out.. somehow xD

Oh and junsui. For the itemtextureep4.afs

You can find model and texture IDs in the wiki :P

Cool, thanks for the updated and I saw Shiva's response above saying you can just drop the file into the folder and it'll update itself from there.

Also, what I want to say also is that if your files doesn't seem to be working (the ones you have edited), its because when you load PSOBB, the updater will download from the server to override the files you have edited. But if you cancel before it does that, you can get away with it. I was messy around with Spread Needle Texture and I noticed if I left it as normal it would load the normal texture but if I cancelled it, it allowed my one to persist. Also with in-game weapon textures, you can see it in real time by unequipping and re-equipping the item you're texturing, which saves you some time to log in each time, but crashes can happen.

Okies, thanks for the directions! Oh interesting lol, it is bizarre how this game was put together; its confusing but quite fun lol.

Ohhhhh that's right, the bloody wiki! Thanks... Well I got file from shiva but I'll use the wiki too as a backup (totally forgot).... Thanks! :D

Edited by Junsui

6 minutes ago, Junsui said:

Also, what I want to say also is that if your files doesn't seem to be working (the ones you have edited), its because when you load PSOBB, the updater will download from the server to override the files you have edited. But if you cancel before it does that, you can get away with it. I was messy around with Spread Needle Texture and I noticed if I left it as normal it would load the normal texture but if I cancelled it, it allowed my one to persist. Also with in-game weapon textures, you can see it in real time by unequipping and re-equipping the item you're texturing, which saves you some time to log in each time, but crashes can happen.

na they totaly work. i think what you mean is itemtextureep4.afs and itemmodelep4.afs

soly changed it (i think to a pretty nice idea) you have to open texture ep4 file. then lets say DM is ID 197 apply afp patch. then export texture ID 197 as prs file and it has to be called File 197.prs

after that copy that prs and navigate to: PSOBB>DATA>ITEMS>TEXTURE paste it into the texture folder. now if the launcher updates your game it doesnt overwrite the item texture.

@Soly btw does that only happens to itemtexture/modelep4.afs? if i change it it will get overwritten by launcher with original file. but does that happen to others too?

(my opinion: no, since i edited effect packs texture and it still stay the same after 5 times of restarting launcher xD)

4 minutes ago, Night said:

na they totaly work. i think what you mean is itemtextureep4.afs and itemmodelep4.afs

soly changed it (i think to a pretty nice idea) you have to open texture ep4 file. then lets say DM is ID 197 apply afp patch. then export texture ID 197 as prs file and it has to be called File 197.prs

after that copy that prs and navigate to: PSOBB>DATA>ITEMS>TEXTURE paste it into the texture folder. now if the launcher updates your game it doesnt overwrite the item texture.

@Soly btw does that only happens to itemtexture/modelep4.afs? if i change it it will get overwritten by launcher with original file. but does that happen to others too?

(my opinion: no, since i edited effect packs texture and it still stay the same after 5 times of restarting launcher xD)

Oooooooo! Okay, seems confusing but I might be able to work it out. Good idea on Soly's part. Thanks, and useful to know! :)

So  you have to use that blue programme, afs manager?

6 minutes ago, Junsui said:

Oooooooo! Okay, seems confusing but I might be able to work it out. Good idea on Soly's part. Thanks, and useful to know! :)

So  you have to use that blue programme, afs manager?

yep tha skyly afs manager xP

1 hour ago, Night said:

oh hehe

das heißt im endeffekt könnt ich alles aus dem data.gsl exportieren. änderungen vornehmen und einfach im folder data wieder speichern? das wäre natürlich ein zeitersparnis

so isses.

und so hat auch sega sich etwas zeit gespart beim event ändern + die leute, welche die änderungen runterladen, mussten nicht ständig die gesamte data.gls runterladen. zu segas zeit waren 68mb nicht gerade wenig mit solchen leitungen.^^

5XGzo8X.jpgj0rGLxO.jpg

Managed to change his beam colour which was just a texture and not a particle found in the data.gsl > boss06_plotfalz_dat. A nice person in the lobby showcased the weapon's special for me and it didn't change sadly. Also his beam is a lot different from the weapon's beam the character uses too.

Edited by Junsui

15 minutes ago, Junsui said:

5XGzo8X.jpgj0rGLxO.jpg

Managed to change his beam colour which was just a texture and not a particle found in the data.gsl > boss06_plotfalz_dat. A nice person in the lobby showcased the weapon's special for me and it didn't change sadly. Also his beam is a lot different from the weapon's beam the character uses too.

Yeah i already figured that out.. but i knew that as far i saw the texture of it. The DM beam is splitted up in 2 inbetween is just nothing

And flow beam is more like glassy beem with kinda webs in it /: but i ll give it another try of searching today

@SolyAs you said some files pso load from memory. Does that count for some textures too? Or can i stay ingame and change texture (pipe to P2 and baxk to area) does it load the new texture or still the old?

Kinda anoying to restart client all the time :c

Model and texture ep4.afs are updated because we usually update them when adding new items.

A few other files are updated too but not particles (yet), neither each class' outfits and things like that.

To use custom textures and or models (ep4.afs) you have to use the items folder (data/items/texture)... there is a guide somewhere (on phone, can't look for it).

Also idk @Night.

Item textures will be loaded from memory if the same texture is already in use (remember the issue with messes up textures for new items) but other than that I have no idea.

• Like 1