Icons for programs

Soly

A while ago I made some applications to edit stuff for pso (server related), now that I have made quite some progress and changes in my own version of a pso server software, I need to remake all those programs I did before (I'll put a list below)

Coding the applications is no big deal, but there is something I can't do which is make icons for them (I suck).
I recently got to a usable state 2 of those applications and got icons for them (again, will put below), but there are more to come and I don't have icons for them.

Before I used @Cyane's section IDs which are quite nice but I have already used them in the previous versions of these applications and don't want to reuse them.

So basically, I want to see if some of the talented people here in Ultima (or from somewhere else, doesn't matter I guess) can help me out with getting or making icons for these new applications (and I can probably reward with game stuff) if I get to use the contributions.

I don't know why but I am liking pixel art ones (which make easier to distinguish with the low resolution of the window icons) so unless specified, I'd like pixel art stuff.

Early notes
The icons must look good at 24x24 (smallest size I will use) and will go up to 256x256 (linear scaling, can't break, can it?)

This is a list of applications that have or need icons:

--------

BP Editor (monster parameters)
Current icon:  t7NaLiy.png
You can probably tell this icon is from the emoticons of GRIf, which are in the shoutbox, etc, I would like to get something a little prettier if possible (must be a monster of psobb).

--------

PLT Editor (character stats, base stats and the stats you gain from leveling up)
Current icon: Z0KOt7I.png
You might guess this racast head is part of a banner Cyane made, I like this one (some might guess why), so unless you think there is a better character icon, don't bother with this.

--------

These are all the ones I have icons for :D 
You might notice the trend for an icon related to what the tool does
Now the ones that need some love

--------

PT Editor (common drops and stuff related to them)
Current icon: none
I would like a green item box, because this tool handles chances of the common green boxes

--------

RT Editor (rare drops)
I would like a red item box for obvious reasons.

--------

PMT Editor (item stats, as well as weapon ranges and all sorts of things)
I would like an orange box because we already used red and green (also 3 icons being the same but changing color, must be easy no?)

--------

ME Editor (mag specific stuff)
The cutest pixel art mag you can come up with?
I don't know if this program will see the light but might as well do it while we are at it no? (Because this file isn't really edited much if ever)

--------

Item Maker (put all item details together to create it in game)
This one, I have no idea, maybe some weapon, come up with something

--------

Database Manager (ease management of the game database)
No idea here either, suggestions are welcome

--------

Unitxt (text stuff)
Yet another one I have no idea... this one is not a program with a graphical interface so if you don't have any good suggestion, we can leave it alone (no love for you)

--------

Anything else I forgot, we'll see later

• Like 3

I would love to do that, but I suck at "real" pixel art - I usually just convert 3d models to 2d images and edit them in Imageprograms.

I can still create a the icons though - when do you need them done ?

Edited by Nana7

7 hours ago, serverus said:

well it really depends on the format of the pic. if u are using jpg or other when u enlarge the icon it will be a mess so much damn pixelated pic, u can make a vectores one like a base then make both jpg or w/e u will use.

It doesn't really matter because the images are small, and the idea is pixel art so when I enlarge them I just make the "lines" wider and it still look fine without blurring.

3 hours ago, Nana7 said:

I would love to do that, but I suck at "real" pixel art - I usually just convert 3d models to 2d images and edit them in Imageprograms.

I can still create a the icons though - when do you need them done ?

I see, you can give it a shot (as long as you think it would work, wouldn't like to have you do something in vain).
Also it's not like "I need them before x date", I will probably be a few weeks coding stuff.

• 1 month later...

I have a few examples here, but thats the closest i can get to "Pixel-Art". I made them in 2 sizes, they should be downscaleable too.

I can add more later... but for now I want to see if they have the Art-Style you are looking for.

gb s.png

gbx1.png

rb s.png

rbx1.png

pls1.png

plx1.png

Edited by Nana7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nana7 said:

I have a few examples here, but thats the closest i can get to "Pixel-Art". I made them in 2 sizes, they should be downscaleable too.

gb s.png

gbx1.png

rb s.png

rbx1.png

pls1.png

plx1.png

better so because I see if the red or orange is lost to me honestly blind red box

9 hours ago, Nana7 said:

I can add more later... but for now I want to see if they have the Art-Style you are looking for.

I got the idea of the boxes from this picture, I guess it was my bad for not posting it
bluebox.gif

I do like yours but I don't think is as close as it can be to what I am looking for....

If you could turn your boxes a little bit like the position this pic has and show more of the side with details rather than the face with not that many details :P it would be a bit better.
I think the problem with those you made, is that the details are too fine and when making a small icon, they get lost.
In the sample, you can see just a few details but you can kinda distinguish them when the image is super small.

I guess those can wait for a while, I haven't even started coding them anyway.

I have a mag icon that cyane made before, but I might want to use that in the launcher.
After all, I don't know if I'll code a ME Editor (the mag one) because the file is not modified often and its easy to edit by hand.

The database manager will be the last one I will code and have no idea what I want for it as well as the Item Maker 

I just downloaded and made the icons for green and red box
Here is how it looks in the PT Editor

jpojpUa.jpg

The RT Editor I haven't started coding it yet so that one will have to wait.