Add ons- data readers

On 7/17/2017 at 7:19 PM, Auli'i said:

Mag timers are already in the game using the /magtimer 1 or 2 command

Item Drop checkers (see items on the ground before you pick them up) are also allowed, though I'm not sure if all of them are. I will attach one that Soly made and help with installing it if I can remember how.

As for things that tell you monster health...I've never heard of someone using it, and I wouldn't use one until you get a 100% answer from a GM, though I would guess that they are not allowed

Installing the floor scanner: (Reveal hidden contents)

Okay so to install the floor scanner I attached, unzip that file onto your desktop (or somewhere you can access it easily). There should be two files in there, the "addons" folder and then the dinput8.dll

What you want to do is very simple...just put both into your Root PSO folder, which is C: > Ultima PSOBB

I'm fairly certain that's all you have to do, then it should be installed and will show whenever you launch PSO

Obviously do this while PSO is closed

Lemme know if you have any questions

floor scanner.zip

monster health scanner is awesome i luv it =) lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soly said:

You are welcome!

only one issue, i tend to freeze for like 15-20 seconds whenever i /lobby or sometimes its random. never happened until i installed it.

7 hours ago, David S. Wilson said:

only one issue, i tend to freeze for like 15-20 seconds whenever i /lobby or sometimes its random. never happened until i installed it.

That's weird.
Does it happen every single time you /lobby?

Just want to say thanks for the add-ons, they're awesome, very useful and helpful. I love the monster HP one, really allows me to perform and gauge better when on the battlefield. Definitively improves the PSO experience! :) Keep them coming!

Monster hp one shows me just how much dmc happens.  Makes me want to fix the protocol, which I definitely don't have time for. xD

• Like 1

So I tried following the guides to installing these addons. When I launched the game with the main menu up, I noticed some [PRINT] statements (most likely for debugging purposes) for all 4 of the addons -- Character, Monster, Item and Player Reader. The statements are saying "Failed to load module directory" for each respective addon. And then a [FATAL] statement following after.

I restarted the game. And now the Main menu itself doesn't respond at all -- nothing highlights when I hover with the pointer nor does it respond when I click on the menu items.

Did I do something wrong with the directory setup or something completely different?'

I'm sure there's a solution.. help please ^_^'

2017-07-22 (1).jpg

I don't know about the character reader, that was deprecated a while ago.

The rest seem to fail to load the theme editor.
In that case, copy the theme editor addon folder to your addons folder.

36 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't know about the character reader, that was deprecated a while ago.

The rest seem to fail to load the theme editor.
In that case, copy the theme editor addon folder to your addons folder.

Yes, I found out a while ago it has been updated to Item Reader. I'll see if including the theme editor with the rest of your addons would work..

11 minutes ago, Aiyo Kunana said:

Yes, I found out a while ago it has been updated to Item Reader. I'll see if including the theme editor with the rest of your addons would work..

Following your post, I have updated my addons to not fail when the theme editor is not present, however I advise to keep it there since it doesn't cause any harm.

Okay. I'm also using a 64-bit system to play the game. So I'll re-install the x86 and your addons and see what happens next.

Here's what happened when I included the theme editor from your previous post, btw:

2017-07-22 (2).jpg

3 minutes ago, Aiyo Kunana said:

I'm also using a 64-bit system to play the game. So I'll re-install the x86 and your addons and see what happens next.

You don't have to, if you didn't install x86 in the first place, it wouldn't even load and crash the game.

3 minutes ago, Aiyo Kunana said:

Here's what happened when I included the theme editor from your previous post, btw:

Seems fine, looks like everything is on top of everything.
Press tilde ~ or the other one ` and it should open the menu, there you can toggle the configuration windows of each addon and move the addons themselves around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soly said:

You don't have to, if you didn't install x86 in the first place, it wouldn't even load and crash the game.

Seems fine, looks like everything is on top of everything.
Press tilde ~ or the other one ` and it should open the menu, there you can toggle the configuration windows of each addon and move the addons themselves around.

Tried pressing ~ ` keys, nothing happened when I clicked through them. No big deal if I can't get this to work. Sorry if my issue is being such a drag.

Well... you can close the configuration windows with the X.

And move around the addons, maybe the menu is behind... but idk, the menu opens and closes with tilde for me.