Add ons- data readers

Mag timers are already in the game using the /magtimer 1 or 2 command

Item Drop checkers (see items on the ground before you pick them up) are also allowed, though I'm not sure if all of them are. I will attach one that Soly made and help with installing it if I can remember how.

As for things that tell you monster health...I've never heard of someone using it, and I wouldn't use one until you get a 100% answer from a GM, though I would guess that they are not allowed

Spoiler

Okay so to install the floor scanner I attached, unzip that file onto your desktop (or somewhere you can access it easily). There should be two files in there, the "addons" folder and then the dinput8.dll

What you want to do is very simple...just put both into your Root PSO folder, which is C: > Ultima PSOBB

I'm fairly certain that's all you have to do, then it should be installed and will show whenever you launch PSO

Obviously do this while PSO is closed

Lemme know if you have any questions

floor scanner.zip

Edited by Auli'i
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Mag timers are already in the game using the /magtimer 1 or 2 command

That one is not as accurate tho.

6 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

As for things that tell you monster health...I've never heard of someone using it, and I wouldn't use one until you get a 100% answer from a GM, though I would guess that they are not allowed

I made one thing for this, same as the item reader.

As for instructions on how to install, although Auli already gave you a viable option, I'd recommend to follow these steps, as it would give you latest versions for everything.

This for the framework-plugin thing: https://github.com/HybridEidolon/psobbaddonplugin#installation
This for the addons I have developed: https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons#installation

My addons include player reader (Shifta, Deband and the likes), item reader (inventory bank and floor items, this one includes the mag timer stuff), and monster reader with monster HP, S/D or J/Z etc.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Soly said:

That one is not as accurate tho.

I made one thing for this, same as the item reader.

As for instructions on how to install, although Auli already gave you a viable option, I'd recommend to follow these steps, as it would give you latest versions for everything.

This for the framework-plugin thing: https://github.com/HybridEidolon/psobbaddonplugin#installation
This for the addons I have developed: https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons#installation

My addons include player reader (Shifta, Deband and the likes), item reader (inventory bank and floor items, this one includes the mag timer stuff), and monster reader with monster HP, S/D or J/Z etc.

Well well well, look who decided to show up!

Will those addons work if I just put them in my addons folder using the scanner I attached?

3 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Well well well, look who decided to show up!

Will those addons work if I just put them in my addons folder using the scanner I attached?

:cr-happiness:

The scanner you attached is my old character reader, but that thing is deprecated now.
Item reader includes everything it had (but is better)

I'd recommend you to update everything as if you were installing it for the first time (there is some things you will need that are not in older versions).

1 hour ago, jnorland101 said:

after messing with it some more i finally got some things to show up on the screen. not sure what they are the text is much to small to read.

You seem to be playing in resolution 4:3 and then it scales up to your screen which is 16:9
I'd suggest to solve that first.

well as long as this thread is here, soly what do i do specifically with the solylib folder? do i just put it in the addons folder or the root pso folder or take the componets out and put them into the folders for addons that need them? this is not really explained on your github or in the readme for that matter only that the folder is needed but not what to do with it

8 hours ago, griffeni said:

well as long as this thread is here, soly what do i do specifically with the solylib folder? do i just put it in the addons folder or the root pso folder or take the componets out and put them into the folders for addons that need them? this is not really explained on your github or in the readme for that matter only that the folder is needed but not what to do with it

You don't need to know more than that.
The folder is needed, keep it there, don't do anything with it if you don't know what you are doing.

As it says in the readme, that thing has functions shared by all the addons.
If you read any init.lua of my addons, you can see that it loads some things from solylib.xxx, if you don't have said file, it will fail to function.

1 hour ago, jnorland101 said:

I play on a 50 inch TV. I believe it's scaled that way so I can see everything on my TV so that the all the menu's and text aren't tiny. But I'll mess with it when I get home from work

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The image is clearly stretched horizontally tho, let me know if you get to fix it.
Anyway, the addons have a font scale setting, bump that up a bit and see if it helps.

18 hours ago, Soly said:

You don't need to know more than that.
The folder is needed, keep it there, don't do anything with it if you don't know what you are doing.

As it says in the readme, that thing has functions shared by all the addons.
If you read any init.lua of my addons, you can see that it loads some things from solylib.xxx, if you don't have said file, it will fail to function.

The image is clearly stretched horizontally tho, let me know if you get to fix it.
Anyway, the addons have a font scale setting, bump that up a bit and see if it helps.

well i meant it doesnt really tell you what folder it goes into but i guess it just goes into the addons folder and again is not really explained at all but i guess its w/e

6 hours ago, griffeni said:

well i meant it doesnt really tell you what folder it goes into but i guess it just goes into the addons folder and again is not really explained at all but i guess its w/e

The solylib thing is an add-on by itself (but doesn't do anything on its own, I think it's clear that when I say copy each addon directory into the addons folder, it means for solylib to go there too.

Maybe I'll just say to copy everything into the addons folder and disable individual addons in game.