Question/Suggestion.

Kiryu13

Well got to thinking just about team based events and such. And I was wondering if it was possible to maybe work in a small scale feature of Team vs. Team skirmish fights? Currently there is a way to do PVP stuff (Battle Mode) but the most you could do is 2 vs. 2. I was wondering if it could be possible to make a mode (Like the Normal, One Pearson, Challenge) to where you can do such things.

If it was possible, the way I would set it up would be what ever teams gets the most kills in set time wins the fight. Nothing to complex, just simple and fun.

I have not really spoke to anybody about the idea so I do not know if anybody supports this or not. But I figure I would just throw it out there and see what happens. ^_^

Edited by Kiryu13

Very good idea but I cant answer your question =P, wait for a developer lol

But to clarify....

You mean like 4 players in a battle, 2 on each team but you can only damage the opposing team? (rather than damaging your own team lol)

That with some sort of scoring would be well good =D

+ add to that idea: there could be a prize fund (like meseta or something) both teams have to put and the winner collects the lot lol

Well I was thinking more of a 4 vs. 4 instead of just a 2 vs. 2, that way it invloves more of your team. But yea thats the idea.

And the prize's would be a good plus to it also :)

Edited by Kiryu13

This could be a good idea, but you'd need to change so much in PSO's coding to allow ~8 people in a game (seeing how we're stuck with four, at the moment), and PSO's coding is old and ancient. Even something as simple as allowing items to stack can go horribly wrong with the slighest error.

If this was to ever work, though, I really would suggest something like rule battles. Going into battle with all your equipment and levels is just so stupid and boring. D: HUmar supremacy, yo. (Best BA class in rule; though FOnewm can be better)

Why not just play normal games with normal battle on? Not hitting your friends is also a skill you can improve.

Because like I said on 'normal' battle mode the most you could do is 2 vs. 2 or 1 vs.1 that more of a pair type deal. I am talking of on the level a actual team/clan type deal, like we got all over Ultima. More like 4 vs. 4 or 5 vs. 5.

Edited by Kiryu13

• 5 weeks later...

my ideas that could improve ultima:

a integrated music player:

how it would work:

you would make a music folder in the psobb folder and add your music in it. label the songs 1-x, and using a command, like /music 1-x

you could play your music ingame instead of the ingame music. to turn it off, you could type /music off

Stand alone IRC:

How it would work: i could make a small irc chatroom program that could be included in the download folder. it would run like a irc, but since it would be

a stand alone program, no one could hack it unless it was uncomplied or something.

3rd party's hack detecter:

how it would work:

using a command, or even a automatic function in psobb, i could make a program that could detect if a person is hacking, by monitoring there ping's average

ratings. when you hack, or use a uniboot trainer, it could cause the offender's ping to rise and it would kick his connection. this wouldnt ban them, but deter them. or add vote kick.

thoughts?

Edited by Alex1991

Flagged Player server

how it would work: if a player is suspected of hacking, they will be placed in this server, which would be monitored by a mod, and if they hack in it, it would make it easier for them to establish proof and ban them.

thoughts?

Edited by Alex1991

Mmm, your idea is nice. However, I bet that to allow more than 4 players at the same time would need lots of work. It's something I guess Soda could manage to do, or Choko also. I support the idea, but it wouldn't be fun to have a skirmish if everyone's going to whine for you using Rabarta, Zonde, MEgid, Grants and Gizonde...

• 2 years later...

I was thinking somthing as simple as more character colors ones that would stand out so when people search for pso private servers (usually cause they miss playing from long ago) they immediatley see something interesting and new like solid colors or different combinations seem like it wouldnt be too complicated but i dont really no. Maybe incorporate more visual armor or barriers. Also when attaining awsome rares maybe instead of chance/random repiticousness we could make reallly hard quests that give u that as a reward. Sucks when u have an epic run through an ultimate quest and your rewarded with xp and branch of paku paku it would also deter ppl from wanting to hack since they wont feel like stuff is so unobtainable.

I was thinking somthing as simple as more character colors ones that would stand out so when people search for pso private servers (usually cause they miss playing from long ago) they immediatley see something interesting and new like solid colors or different combinations seem like it wouldnt be too complicated but i dont really no. Maybe incorporate more visual armor or barriers. Also when attaining awsome rares maybe instead of chance/random repiticousness we could make reallly hard quests that give u that as a reward. Sucks when u have an epic run through an ultimate quest and your rewarded with xp and branch of paku paku it would also deter ppl from wanting to hack since they wont feel like stuff is so unobtainable.

Well, the character colors I have no idea about, would probably require a lot of hard coding on the gms/devs part, same thing with the armors and barriers. The rares in really hard quests has actually been done to an extent, Black Papers Deal 1&2 as well as Forest and Mine Offensives. There are also several quests that weren't available online(except for the Japanese servers) that give out pretty rare items as prizes. Hacking on this server is just asinine imo, seeing as the play speed and the experience rates are VASTLY improved from the original game and servers. The server regularly has opportunities to obtain items never released to the regular PSO community which include newly made weapons/armors/shields/mags and quests made by members of the server. The best way to accomplish some of the more difficult tasks would be to offer help making the 3d models and skins for them and post them on the forums to see if they'd be usable/acceptable for the community.

Edited by gamenac

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i have another dream if someone would like to intelligently crush it...... Ok i dont understand the legality of private servers so this may be stupid but porting ultima to steam os!!!! I really wanna install it but cant give up ultima and i no wine stinks with pso. But valve is doing some crazy stuff and looking for games classic or new plus we could all play on high graphica!!!!!! Yaay ( but prolly aww after i hear why it will never happen) plus bet it would be awsome playing ultim with that crazy controller