Just a thought...

I know it's been circulated time and time ago about weather or not PGF should be a year round drop or more available etc. I was thinking what if we keep PGF a Christmas thing but the rest of the year we can have Olga drop a special item that is a hard drop and you need multiples of that could be traded to a GM for a PGF? For example like after Christmas and until next Christmas event Olga drops something like "Parasitic Gene : Flow Sample" and you need 10 samples to make a full PGF? This could create an economy for the sample parts to be traded as well as give people something to hunt during times events aren't active. Honestly I think this is a great idea, not to toot my own horn, and completely viable. What do you guys think?

12 minutes ago, Soly said:

I think is better to just have pgf all year but better rates during xmas

This. Or at least some kind of drop to make doing Olga outside of events worth it.

24 minutes ago, Soly said:

have the rate like sjs and normal rate on xmas so people don't have to spend tons on dark weapons DW

• Like 2

Having pgf be 1/10000 is stupid, but having something like double the normal Xmas rate isn't a bad idea. Either way, people have been begging for PGF to be all year round since it started dropping, so I highly doubt anything will change anytime soon.

45 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

If it drops all year round, then everybody will have like 20 dark weapons, just saying...

People here are very dependant from dark weapons... there are other server where DWs are combo locked and no one complains.

This is true.

People can hunt many items that are just as strong or stronger than DW year-round, but just because DW exists people think they have to have them and can't play without them (or never unequip them even when they are actually the worst possible weapon they could use for the current situation). PSO has way too many people with "if it's not the best 100% 99hit weapon, it's trash" syndrome. I think we should instead put PGF at the dreamcast SGF rate from olga flow.

• Like 3

I agree people use them unnecessarily just because they are DWs, but it's also heart breaking that our economy has driven the price up on them when we are a dying art. PSO is a very old game and no item should be more than 100 DTs imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Whatever is done or not done, people will complain.

• Let it as it is ? Get one topic about "making PGF all year around" every year.
  • Too easy ? Complain because there is too much dropping.
  • Too hard ? Complain because there is none and the price is nut.
  • Just the right amount ?
    • Unlucky/lazy people will still say that this is too hard
    • Lucky people/farmers will say there is too much
  • A situation I have not mentioned ? People will say that the market is broken or something.

@Fyrewolf5 Yes there is other weapons that the dark ones. Yes those other weapons are often way better. So why making dark weapons some kind of mythical item (exaggerating on purpose) that should not drop all year around, be very rare, and so on ?

At the end of the day, it's just one tool among the others and should not have favoritism. Have you thought that it might be because it is so hard (not the drop rate or run, but I mean, the small range of time we have to hunt it) to get and because price have gone crazy about it, that people think they "can't play without them" ? I mean, as it is now, new players just see it standing on a pedestal (and this pedestal is not made out of thin air, something "created" it).
Now of course, we could say this from basically any event item on Ultima .___. that is why I don't even want to argue about that anymore. To me, Ultima is smartly broken; but that's another topic for another day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ruffalufacus said:

Olga drops something like "Parasitic Gene : Flow Sample" and you need 10 samples to make a full PGF?

I actually already thought about that idea and like it, but in the purpose of reducing the gaps produced by RNG rather than having it dropping all year, as there are always people finding 2 PGF in a couple runs while others spend weeks finding nothing. That way, if someone gets a PGF, he has to get another XX "Flow samples" and do more than one extra run, while someone who hasnt got enough luck to get all the parts could still buy the remaining from other players. 

4 hours ago, Soly said:

Some people complained about the rate during Xmas, and even gave up while event was still active, so I'm not sure about the consequences of a worse rate but I approve.

4 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

People here are very dependant from dark weapons... there are other server where DWs are combo locked and no one complains.

3 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

People can hunt many items that are just as strong or stronger than DW year-round, but just because DW exists people think they have to have them and can't play without them (or never unequip them even when they are actually the worst possible weapon they could use for the current situation). PSO has way too many people with "if it's not the best 100% 99hit weapon, it's trash" syndrome.

:cr-magic-right:

I just think this topic has gone on too long and as there have been no changes to this I think it should stay the same. Only thing is that during Xmas the rate shouldn't be extremely hard and degenerating. That way no one will complain..I think

• 1 month later...

think about it.... why have it drop all year when people donate tons of money so they can buy one? yeah I'm going to make something drop all year when people still drop $300 plus for it lol Blane the people who drop that kinda money 

and honestly 150 of the price is to max one...

Edited by O9B066

Idk, I'm having a lot of fun outdamaging DMs with my 0/30/0/0|60 charge arms.

But really, stop the fixation on dark weapons.  The only good looking one is the wiggly wand. And that in itself is a stretch.

• Like 2