WIP: Monster Rare Drop Rate Viewer

Funplayer

The finished product should display the drop rates of every different monster in the room, based on the monster drop rates list in the main site. This being of course based on the soly lib.

I'll be using the monster hp viewer as a resource to work on this.

With the help of Soly and Isaac, I have solved all the required functional issues. The data remains to be populated however.

Edited by Funplayer
  • Like 2

I had this idea at one point, and I didn't even start to work on it for one reason.

You know the drop charts on this server change for each event, right? And the charts are not typically made public for a few weeks. Your tool will have incorrect information probably 1/4 of the year, and there will be a lot of work to update it with every event.

That being said, a lot of the drops will still be accurate, and I think the "HelloWorld" addon might have an example of some code that would be useful in making this.

Edited by orgodemir
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, orgodemir said:

I had this idea at one point, and I didn't even start to work on it for one reason.

You know the drop charts on this server change for each event, right? And the charts are not typically made public for a few weeks. Your tool will have incorrect information probably 1/4 of the year, and there will be a lot of work to update it with every event.

That being said, a lot of the drops will still be accurate, and I think the "HelloWorld" addon might have an example of some code that would be useful in making this.

I'm willing to maintain it for a while, but only until I get bored. At least a few months.

18 minutes ago, Funplayer said:

I'm willing to maintain it for a while, but only until I get bored. At least a few months.

u sure the effort will be worth it?

@Shiva The efforts are always worth it if you earn some knowledge and "know-how" in the meanwhile. If he has time to, then why not ? Everything is experience at the core, cannot hurt to give a swing in the water once in a while.

Good Luck @Funplayer

49 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Shiva The efforts are always worth it if you earn some knowledge and "know-how" in the meanwhile. If he has time to, then why not ? Everything is experience at the core, cannot hurt to give a swing in the water once in a while.

Good Luck @Funplayer

i would only agree with u for the other post he made. But for this one, if its only till he gets bored, then its a waste of his motivation.

12 hours ago, Funplayer said:

You should try to look for a more dynamic way to get the dropdata. I wonder if the server sends dropdata to the client and if it could be read out of memory in some way. 

26 minutes ago, chuk said:

You should try to look for a more dynamic way to get the dropdata. I wonder if the server sends dropdata to the client and if it could be read out of memory in some way. 

Nope, all server side.

I mean, you could pull it from the website.  It'd be outdated, but better than manual.

3 hours ago, Choko said:

There is no way for a player to get the drop data save for having an admin place the files in an accessible location.

You can just pull and parse the html from here: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/all-in-one/. It would be accurate except for the beginnings of events, which idk how you'd know if one was on or not, but that seems pretty decent to me.

Edited by Lemon
tested it and it worked
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Lemon said:

You can just pull and parse the html from here: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/all-in-one/. It would be accurate except for the beginnings of events, which idk how you'd know if one was on or not, but that seems pretty decent to me.

My idea is to just run an XML parser over the whole thing, program the systematic pattern for the episodes/difficulties using ints, and then just auto-dump the data to a .lua script as a completed data set. Seems easy enough, will just take time.

I have plenty of XML examples in C#, Java, and Python.

Accessing the data is easy enough in Lua anyway, I just need to provide the necessary functions.

Edited by Funplayer