Return to PSO: A Love Story

DON SUAVE

Howdy folks! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and share a bit of my limited experience on Ultima so far.

I am an old Phantasy Star vet from the original Xbox. In fact when my old Xbox died, that was the game in it. Phantasy Star and Diablo II were what began my love for MMOs, which continue strongly to this day, and will always hold a special place in my heart. Before I discovered Ultima I would frequently yearn for another romp through TTF, to hear that opening theme song, to be a robot maid shooting laser guns, if only for a little while....

So imagine my delight in finding this server! After joining a couple of years ago, my PC died and I moved onto some of my console titles and then back to my standard MMOs. But one does not simply forget PSO and I have been playing the last week when time allows. And it is glorious. After a poor first impression trying a TTF run with were clearly children amusing themselves throwing around racial slurs in capital letters, I found a room labeled "New To Server" and popped in to say hi. What followed was pure gaming bliss that developed organically and reminded me of the many reasons I still love this game. Two others quickly joined and we were all a couple of levels within one another and we began happily chatting with one another as we cleared out the forest, and then the caves. When we got near the end of mines a we decided we should run a TTF. And it was good. And the gaming gods were pleased.

Thank you to the goodly and dedicated folks keeping this game alive, be it from running the server, coding, or just logging in to bop some Boombas on the head. Ya'll will see me around. And when ya do, say howdy. Glad to be here and look forward to the adventures yet to come!

JesterMag-FORCE

Giga Gal-RANGER

• Like 2

Welcome back!

I never had any consoles other than a few from nintendo (Snes, N64 and GC).
I got started with PSO in GC and quickly made my way to Ultima (once I was able to play in PC, online).