I need serious, professional help (with this game, round 2)

Terashi

Okay.  I have done a lot of thinking about this.  This game is very nostalgic for me and has a lot of fond memories.  Nuking as a FOnewm shaped the way I saw this game when I played it on the Gamecube.  However, if I want to get to level 200 and be of actual use to people, nuking isn't the way to do that.  It only works for half of the game, it has problems with damage cancel and monster reactions, and the rares for it are expensive and hard to find (though that last one is probably true regardless).  So, after much deliberation, I have decided to give up on Forcery altogether.  Now Support magic is still not only viable, but essential, but doing only that is boring af.  Still, because of that, I'll probably go to being a human instead of a newm (since the only male newm is a force), so, the only question remaining is whether I should be a HUmar or a RAmar.

I'm sure there are pros and cons to both of these options, so please give me your opinions.  All of them.  I'm going to need a lot of information in order to make a permanent decision. Now, I'm not dissing the HUney.  I have one of those.  But I'm talking about changing Terashi specifically, from a FOnewm to one of the two options above.  Also, please don't mention soloing.  I'll mostly be playing with other players.

Edited by Terashi

What level is your FOnewn?

What are you expecting the FOnewn to accomplish in the nuking department? Maybe you have some unrealistic parameters which is damping your enjoyment of the class? Do you expect to do 1000+ damage via Ra techs across all episodes on Ultimate? Yes, FO's can be quite expensive to get the proper equipment for but they can also be the fairest in gathering equipment.

Focus on one aspect of the FO and then work your way around the other aspects until you reach a comfortable level of equipment and if you want, focus on building stronger versions of those equipment.

For example either do:

Nuking + Support

or

Melee + Support

These are the way forward to focus on firstly or as a whole. FOney's does these exceptionally well (keeping it between Foney's and FOnewns here as I know FOmars and FOmarls does these well too, especially FOmarls), because of her natural boosts in resta, anti (and the usage of parasol's and marina's bag for the extra boosts if needed), without sacrificing the tech boosting shields for resta/anti merges etc... FOnewns not quite aswell and may have to resort in using merges unless there's a weapon for them to equip that boosts resta/anti. Shifta/Deband not really an issue IMO, its good to have it boosted of course but if you play well and recast often its not a problem and there's weapons that boost them aswell.

Nuking + Support + Melee - Hard to achieve and require skill-knowledge/good character build/equips etc, but it can also be a disservice as its better to focus on either melee or nuking, except for when those situations calls for a switch momentarily.

If out of RAmar or HUmar? I'd go with RAmar, but I would atleast make sure he has the standard equipment first like needle, mechs, f-shooter, cannon, mag, etc and atleast gorged on some materials to make you fly through the preliminary levels and be decent enough in early Ultimate.

I play a FOney because I like helping and supporting people primarily. Also its great joining random games and getting newbs or low-levels in that game experiencing Ultimate more comfortable with the support I provide and having an easier time/feel like they've contributed to the run. I'm not really going to bother with making my Foney melee except for a few equips; such as demon rifle/handgun/slicer/weapons, for those high resistance/Hp Mobs/situations like 1st phase mines boss with cheapmans red saber + crimson coat lol, otherwise shes pure nuking/support.

If I wanted to melee I'd go with FOmar (nothing against FOmarls, I just prefer and have more experience as FOmar, but they can just do as well).

What is your equipment for your FOnewn?

154, and I've been doing nuke + support.  Only problem with that is that nuke only works half the game and other forces do support way better.  Don't see the point of doing melee as a force when hunters and some rangers do it way better.

My main problem is that I'm useless in CCA, which is the easiest way to get to 200, since Ep2 mobs resist offensive techs, as do Mines and Ruins mobs.  And yeah, being able to do more than 300 damage with a single RA spell would be nice, because at this rate in Ultimate I have to repeatedly spam spells to kill a single enemy.  It's annoying, especially since my love for nuking stems from easy kills that I don't have to move my character around much to accomplish.  But what I want is unrealistic, so I'm trying to decide on a class that performs well in ultimate, because apparently FOnewms just don't.  And yes, gear is part of my problem.  I have Clio, Striker of Chao, the three elemental wands, a rafoie merge, a Tripolic Shield, an Aura Field, a Congeal Cloak and a Tempest cloak,  a V801 with three God/Minds, and a 141 MIND mag.

Come to think of it, maybe it's my build that's the problem and not my class.  Hell, I've only consumed 29 mind mats.  But then, from what I've been told, weapons are way more powerful than techs, to the point of being overpowered.

Edited by Terashi

well having every class i am only semi qualified to say much here but racast is good in parties you want to be based damage as a ranger in groups as highest atp and acess to most guns in the game but then you have ramar and ramarl who can provide buffs and in ramarl case debuffs if no fo is available and they can also use the spirit special on things like 100 souls and can be a huge damage dealer but 100 souls is also melee but you could just as well make a yasminkov 9000 with said special for a mech gun with spirit and it gets fairly op for a mech gun with buffs and debuffs charge yas 9k is also an option here for racast and racaseal without needing to give up hp with zerk special just giving up meseta instead and casts can also use gratia witch boosts ata with the yas series of weapons so you get more actual hits depending on current ata but the boost is nice expecially on a racaseal with a kroes sweater for aditional ata

as for hu if you already have a huney then hucast or hucaseal are the ways to go  (sorry humar but lack of buffs and traps just make me not like it as a class personally) 

hucast has the highest atp in the game and will do more damage than any other class if used correctly (vajaya with 4 way pb buffs doing over 4k damage a swing with special attack yes pls) also traps are a nice thing because freeze traps usually last longer than any other form of freezing enemies and are aoe based as opposed to the usual single target freezing and wont dmg cancel like a fo spamming rabarta, also have a fair variety of weapons to use including most sword type (there are a couple that require mst to equip because sega thought it was a good idea?) but the ones they can use are good such as excal, red/crimson sword,  tjs, df, master sword and so on but can also use things like asteron striker and in the case of hucast and humar psycho ravens as its male only so racast and ramar can also use this gun as for gear the hunters have acess to things like blue odoshi and untill you get a centurian battle its a really good lv 150 armor as it has a built in heavenly battle so it frees up a slot for something else

thats about all i got atm

I started on foney here. But then swapped to fonewm.

I can say for alround (soloing, supporting, melee, nuking, etc) he's one of the best but one of the most expensive forces.

If you really looking for melee support fomarl is the thing to go. But i prefer fonewm still over fomarl (better look & ata) and thats only my opinion

And to start a nuking setup must not be expensive. Psy wand is easy to get and one of the best options for ra techs (only psy bridge outclass psy wand but the PW still works pretty nice.

Well im lazy as hell so i wont write more. If youre interested about some fonewm stuff like max stats ( you can swap between melee and nuking but youll need 2 mags), pm me and ill give you some advices about my fav char the fonewm ;)

And im pretty sure unless you dont have demon mechs, pr and a strong aoe wep on ramar/humar force will be easier to play :)