So, quck question.

Terashi

My FOnewearl accidentally swallowed a Power Material when she tried to drop it for a trade.  Stat-wise, on a scale from "don't worry about it" to "recreate that character", how screwed am I?

Hate when that happens lol.

Well have you used other materials or was it just that power material? Because you can reset your material count yourself with in-game commands.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/commands/

Edited by Junsui

On 6/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, yanvbraz said:

Type /matcount and see how are your materials compared to this plan.

Hide contents

Centurion/Mind+V801 Plan

Support Mag (Custom): 0/0/0/200 and Melee Mag (PPP): 0/75/125/0
Units: Centurion/Mind,V801
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes, Hylian Shield, Safety Heart
Other Shields: Rupika, Three Seals, Merges,...
Armor: Godric's Cloak
Materials:
- 30 Power
- 85 Mind
- 35 Luck

Maxed ATP/ATA/LCK if using Melee Mag and Red Ring/Costumes or Safety Heart
Maxed MST if using Support Mag, Centurion/Mind and V801
Doesn't count +20 MST from using Red Ring/Costumes, Hylian Shield or Safety Heart

Why in the Hildeblue unholy fsss would I want to put 30 Power Mats on a newman Force of all things!?  And don't say melee force because if I wanted to do anything other than nuking, I wouldn't be a Force. Though I did swap from newm to newearl so I could support better when needed. See Episode II because that place is bad.  Tech-resisting monsters. 

Nevermind, I see the point of melee forces, now.

Edited by Terashi
I am a dumb.

2 hours ago, Terashi said:

Why in the Hildeblue unholy fudge would I want to put 30 Power Mats on a newman Force of all things!?  And don't say melee force because if I wanted to do anything other than nuking, I wouldn't be a Force. Though I did swap from newm to newearl so I could support better when needed. See Episode II because that place is bad.  Tech-resisting monsters.

Because weapons are OP. Fonewearl is especially OP with demon's gear, such as Slicer of Fanatic which does have an atp requirement that she would not meet without getting at least some. -75% current hp on 3 monsters at range is just too stronk. It's also nice to have enough atp to use things like Ultima Reaper and other weapons.

Just now, Fyrewolf5 said:

Because weapons are OP. Fonewearl is especially OP with demon's gear, such as Slicer of Fanatic which does have an atp requirement that she would not meet without getting at least some. -75% current hp on 3 monsters at range is just too stronk. It's also nice to have enough atp to use things like Ultima Reaper and other weapons.

So there's no point in nuking at all and Forces are only good for support and, in some cases, melee.  Well, shit.

3 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

nuking does have some use..... but its mostly for solo runs in ep4.

Well, that just sucks, because there were a lot of reasons why I chose nuking.  A, aiming weapons are a pain in the ass, and spells are probably the easiest things to hit with most of the time, espeically since they don't MISS that I know of. B, everybody runs at the same speed, and having spells with decent ranges can help mitigate that somewhat. C, blowing shit up and killing multiple enemies at once is just fun.  Nuking is part of what made this game fun for me.  Sucks that it just isn't good.

Sorry for whining, but this is one of the few subjects I actually feel strongly about.

Edited by Terashi

1 minute ago, Terashi said:

Well, that just sucks, because there were a lot of reasons why I chose nuking.  A, aiming weapons are a pain in the ass, and blowing up multiple enemies at once is just fun. B, everybody runs at the same speed, and having spells with decent ranges can help mitigate that somewhat.  Nuking is part of what made this game fun for me.  Sucks that it just isn't good.

Sorry for whining, but this is one of the few subjects I actually feel strongly about.

It works in about half of the game (all of ep4, first half of ep1). We've done quite a lot of boosts to it over the years. Recently the elemental cloaks (ignition/congeal/tempest cloaks) got a buff from 10% to 30%, so those help a good bit.

Just now, Fyrewolf5 said:

It works in about half of the game (all of ep4, first half of ep1). We've done quite a lot of boosts to it over the years. Recently the elemental cloaks (ignition/congeal/tempest cloaks) got a buff from 10% to 30%, so those help a good bit.

That does help, and that's one more thing I'll hafta hunt/trade for, but that's cool.  I just get annoyed when magic AoE isn't as viable as other methods.  I would go complaining about balance, but you guys can only do so much with this old of a game to work with.

So is it 10% for ignition/20% for congeal/30% for tempest or does it work some other way?  I would do Ep4, but it's not as nostalgic.  Not as familiar with it as 1/2. I imagine a lot of people have that problem, though.

3 minutes ago, Terashi said:

That does help, and that's one more thing I'll hafta hunt/trade for, but that's cool.  I just get annoyed when magic AoE isn't as viable as other methods.  I would go complaining about balance, but you guys can only do so much with this old of a game to work with.

So is it 10% for ignition/20% for congeal/30% for tempest or does it work some other way?  I would do Ep4, but it's not as nostalgic.  Not as familiar with it as 1/2. I imagine a lot of people have that problem, though.

They're each 30% to element e.g. 30% foie/gifoie/rafoie for ignition. Magic has issues in ultimate mostly in team games, where damage cancel and undesirable monster reactions can really mess things up. Solo you can use it to do things anyway decently ok a lot of the time.

Only problem with that is, the hell is the point in playing alone in a multiplayer game that you have to go online to play regardless?  Might as well team up.

On 2017-06-11 at 1:18 PM, Terashi said:

Only problem with that is, the hell is the point in playing alone in a multiplayer game that you have to go online to play regardless?  Might as well team up.

If you're hunting for a particular drop, it might be more beneficial to hunt alone for two reasons:

1. If you're hunting with randoms, there's no telling if they can be trusted. Item ninjas lurk in all the darkest corners of Ultima and will not hesitate to snatch up a red box the moment they see it, regardless of if they even really want whatever it is. S'just how it goes, unfortunately. Hunting alone means, while it might be a bit harder, you'll be almost guaranteed that, if it drops, you'll be the one to get it.

And 2. There's a feature on Ultima that allows you to have instanced drops; that the drops you see on your screen are yours and yours alone and no one can collect them but you. Useful to deal with ninjas, but it does come with a drawback: overall drop rates are lower with larger teams to prevent quad-log item scumming. So, if you want your drops rates to stay normal, you should hunt alone, unless you set it to shared drops again; see point 1.

...A-Anyway, pardon the egregious explanation; I'm sure this is common knowledge. I was just trying to make a point; it can be appropriate to hunt alone sometimes. At which point (to get back to your reasons for being a Force), being a tech nuker can make things a lot easier for you, what with the wanton slaughtering of droves of monsters like it weren't no thang.