A Fast PSO-BB Drops Search tool

atlas

Hey everyone! I just finished making this Drops Search Engine.

I made this for myself primarily, but I hope others may find it useful. The existing tools are slow or clunky and make searching tedious for me.

Here's some additional stuff I might add later:

• Searching by map (forest, caves, etc.). Often, I want to know what I can get in a specific map or which map an enemy belongs to.
  • Searching by whether or not an enemy is rare.
  • Linking to enemy descriptions.
  • DAR, rare enemy spawn rate. Probably won't show this, since I don't really need this info.
  • Range searches on numerical fields (like Avg Kills).
  • Quick-add the first suggestion when you press enter. Currently you have to either type it out or select it with mouse or arrow keys (annoying!).
  • Like 4

WoW. Is really useful.
But I have a request.
Please, add a dark theme. For those who play at night, do not go blind.
You could also create an offline tool. That can be used on multiple servers, just by modifying the list.

Anyway, thanks for this contribution.

Edited by Rocbleaser
Half asleep.

Very nice !

Though, I'd have to say that am really not sure about the "average kill" stat... should probably remplace it with the drop rate so that people don't get mislead.

Also for the section ID's, you can't scroll to reach the bottom list (even if we can trick it by adding the first item in the top list, then once we reached the right one removing them)

On 6/6/2017 at 2:47 AM, Rocbleaser said:

WoW. Is really useful.
But I have a request.
Please, add a dark theme. For those who play at night, do not go blind.
You could also create an offline tool. That can be used on multiple servers, just by modifying the list.

Anyway, thanks for this contribution.

Good idea. I always use dark themes when I am writing programs and I fully agree with you. I'm using a material-ui library which provides a dark theme, so making this change should be really easy. Maybe I can add a toggle that switches themes from light to dark.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:01 AM, Misombre said:

Very nice !

Though, I'd have to say that am really not sure about the "average kill" stat... should probably remplace it with the drop rate so that people don't get mislead.

Also for the section ID's, you can't scroll to reach the bottom list (even if we can trick it by adding the first item in the top list, then once we reached the right one removing them)

I think (you?) or someone else mentioned this in the chat a while ago; it used to say "<Req kills>" which I thought was confusing, but I changed it to "Avg kills" which is technically correct, since it's a probability (1/65, for example, would require 65 kills on average to get the item). Does that make sense? I just wanna be as concise as possible. Having "1/" in front of every number seems redundant. How would you label it?

On 6/6/2017 at 1:41 PM, Vonic said:

Pretty slick! A couple of feature suggestions:

• Filter by item type
  • Sort by
    • name
    • type
    • drop rate
    • zone
  • Expand number of results per page

I could add a drop-down to control how many results per page. Item-type data isn't in the original data-set, but this is a good idea. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to acquire the data from PSO World. As for sorting, the main problem is that sorting speed doesn't scale well with data-set size, but I have a few ideas to make it seem faster. Initially, the data could be sorted in the "best order", and then could copy itself into various different sort orders on-demand, if needed.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I hope to make some updates this month if I can.

Ah yeah if it's just in order to remove the 1/ I understand then. But you could really just call it "Drop rate<br>1/" or something like that.

To be honest I got confused because for Gi Gue I see "Sealed j-sword" at 8193. Which is not the current drop rate.