Best way to lvl

Yujinjaka

Hi i used to play back in the dreamcast days and some on the gamecube but dont remember a whole lot. i got my hucast to lvl 52 and was wondering what i should be doing to level? any help would be great i used to love this game back in the day and would love if someone could point me in the right direction thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the noob questions

Well, there's more than one "best" way to level. In theory, the "best" way to level is the highest exp yield:hour ratio you can manage through a quest based on what weapon affinity %s you have. However, I much prefer the "mentally bearable" grind method in which I don't get burnt out of the game. Unfortunately, I did not heed that advice and haven't logged in for a few weeks after a mega grind-a-thon on 4 different characters.

The methods I enjoyed most was doing Ultima Quest Forrest Offensive. It's a 3-room long romp through Forest 2 jam packed with enemies and a dragon fight at the end. Remember that enemies from Forest -> Ruins only give roughly 20% more exp per kill, although ruins does have more "large" monsters worth more exp than the forest. This quest, however, is flooded to the brim with Mothnests and subsequent Mothverts galore. Since you're a HUcast, Freeze traps and a sword or partisan-type would be ideal to sweep them up. 

It's short, sweet, and yields a decent chunk of materials at a decent rate. That's my personal suggestion.

• Like 1

The most direct route would be something like TTF (Towards the future) Episode 1 from quest counter. Repeat this over and over finishing once you beat Vol Opt (skip enemy spawns where possible as bulk of exp comes from beating the bosses).

This will see you through to ultimate at which point RT and CCA from Episode 2 will be the fastest exp but you will struggle without a group to carry you / decent gear. CCA specifically will carry you all the way to 200 if you can handle the grind.

If the above is to much to handle then I would say check out Wrath of Forest Episode 1 until you are stronger (Big enemy spawns Forest 1 & 2 followed by boss).

• Like 1