Can't run in game

RayParker

14 minutes ago, RayParker said:

Been a while since I've played on Ultima but now I can't seem to be able to run. When I put in a movement I just walk and this is happening all the time without anyone else around. Doesn't work with my controller or keyboard.

first you need to make sure to plug in controller before u open psobb ultima client, if u open game then plug in controller it dont work, also check in game options and make sure keyboard controls are on, F11 also toggles keyboard controlls on and off

17 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

first you need to make sure to plug in controller before u open psobb ultima client, if u open game then plug in controller it dont work, also check in game options and make sure keyboard controls are on, F11 also toggles keyboard controlls on and off

Alright. I have the keyboard controls on and the made sure to that was plugged in before I opened it. Still isn't working. I might try to completely redownload the entire thing and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's something wrong with the controls because I've tried switching controllers and they also work fine with other games.

Just now, RayParker said:

Alright. I have the keyboard controls on and the made sure to that was plugged in before I opened it. Still isn't working. I might try to completely redownload the entire thing and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's something wrong with the controls because I've tried switching controllers and they also work fine with other games.

hmm weird , there is also option to turn mouse controls on, try Ā turning to drag Ā and see if u can move with that (just to test if work or not)

2 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

hmm weird , there is also option to turn mouse controls on, try Ā turning to drag Ā and see if u can move with that (just to test if work or not)

Yeah it seems to beĀ letting me run when using the mouse.

2 minutes ago, RayParker said:

Yeah it seems to beĀ letting me run when using the mouse.

Ā also if your in windowed mode, make sure the window is highlight when trying to use keyboard , sounds dumb but ive done it before sitting there wondering why keys wont work but had skype highlighted, also did look in pad config in options to set controller? maybe some how it got cleared

15 minutes ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

Ā also if your in windowed mode, make sure the window is highlight when trying to use keyboard , sounds dumb but ive done it before sitting there wondering why keys wont work but had skype highlighted, also did look in pad config in options to set controller? maybe some how it got cleared

Yeah everything is there. Not sure why it's not working.

1 minute ago, RayParker said:

Yeah everything is there. Not sure why it's not working.

in the pad config option can u try to redefine all the controller buttons even tho they already say they are set, every once and a while mine says they configuredĀ Ā but dont work, I thenĀ redefine Ā buttons and it works, beyond that maybe im overlooking somthing and some one else can share some input

Regardless of the mouse controls I can still move (and run) with the keyboard.

The keys to move automatically make your character run so what could be happening is that you have set a key to auto-walk and you are pressing it by mistake?

Go Menu > Options > Keyboard Configuration
Then Select custom and check which keys are set for Movement configuration.

9 hours ago, RayParker said:

Yup it's working on the keyboard but for some reason it doesn't work using a controller.

What type of controller do you use?Ā