A Quest for Ultima!

radezz

A Quest for Ultima!

Winners:

1st Place: 99pds goes to--->The Hateful Eight (dvs)

2nd Place: 75pds goes to--->Old Boy (emn)

3rd Place: 50pds goes to--->Inglorious Basterds (ban)

Honorable Mention: Love Rappy 150mind 45dex goes to--->Boku dake ga inai machi (shoutgu)

Spoiler

Ultima, I need your help...

The name is Silver. Why!? Because gold is overrated!

More about me: I love watching Movies and Series and Anime. But my taste is very... picky! I have watched everything that interests me or I believe to be good enough, that's why now I don't have anything left to watch! So now I seek your help, hunters of Ultima. I want you guys to hunt me something new, something good, something amazing!

This is your quest:

• Hunt and bring me a good GREAT Movie, Series or Anime for me to watch! I will tell you of my favored genres and tastes, and put up a list of some of those that I have already watched and liked, so you have an idea of the things I like and have already seen. I will also be updating the list if you post something I have already watched, so you know to keep looking. If you bring me something that I haven't seen yet and I like it, then you win! There can only be 3 winners. You can make as many recommendations as you like. There is no time limit for the delivery of the rewards, since it depends on the time it takes me to view it all. I ask for serious suggestions that take my tastes into consideration, my gratitude in advance. Don't be discouraged if I have already seen or if I do not want to view your recommendation because it is not my taste, keep trying! Winners will be decided based solely on my personal taste of the material recommended. There is no guarantee that I will like anything you suggest at all, but if I do I, then I will be damned if I don't keep my word and declare the winners! Give me your best suggestions!

Good luck, Hunters!

Spoiler

Favored Movie/Series/Anime genres:

Action

Sci-Fi

Fantasy

Adventure

Suspense

Thriller

(a romance element inside these genres is greatly appreciated. I like seriousness that contains

life or death situations, good acting, good special effects, good plot, no action/comedy)

Some of the Movies/Series/Anime I have seen and loved:

Movies
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Matrix Triology
The Lord of the Rings franchise lol
The Truman Show
Every Marvel/DC thing ever made
Mission Impossible
Star Trek movies
Terminator movies
Interstellar
Narnia
50 Shades of Greyjustkiddingthisistrash

Series

Game of Thrones

Westworld

The Leftovers

Lost

The Office

Community

Battlestar: Galactica

Startgate Universe

Marco Polo

Supernatural (early seasons)

Anime

Hunter x Hunter

Attack on Titan

Overlord

Sword Art Online

Boku no Hero Academia

(most mainstream like Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Death Note, etc)

Seven Deadly Sins

Tokyo Ghoul

Kiseijuu no Kakuritsu (Parasite)

Anything X-Men

Spoiler

What I don't like:

• Movies with lots of cliches
  • Series where each episode is just the monster of the day (I like a story that develops)
  • Anime that is not serious, where characters get punched 1,000 times and don't die
  • Movies about mafia or cartels or Italian families
  • Old movies 1985 or older (but yes modern movies about an older time)
  • Veridic/biographical/documental movies.
  • Fan service
  • Anything drug related
  • Anything too sad
  • Anything politics related
  • Anything mecha

Spoiler

Already Mentioned:

Movies: The Departed, The Prestige, Logan, se7en, Inglorious Basterds, Howl's Moving Castle, Old Boy, I Saw The Devil, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, John Wick 1&2, Ghost, Van Helsing, Saw, Metrópolis, K-Pax, The Green Mile, Mad Max, American History X, The Wolf of Wall Street, Requiem for a Dream, Inception, Pulp Fiction, Hateful Eight, Inglorious Bastards, City of God, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Leon: the professional, Naussica, The cube , hypercube and the cube zero , the perfume , The Myst ,the rouge violin , the cabin in the woods ,mamoru ohshiis :Avalon ,Zombie Estation ,Evil dead, The Bourne movies, Twister, Tombstone, wing commander, Die Hard, hitchhikers guild to the galaxy,pitch black, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones series, serenity, A Space Odyssey, Dune (1984), Fifth Element, Equilibrium, Seven Samurai (1954), Bladerunner, A Boy and his Dog, Soylent Green,Red Dawn (1984),Logan's Run,Starship troopers, 12 monkeys, On the Beach, The Dirty Dozen (1967), Battlefield Earth, Kiki's Delivery Service, Sweeny Todd, Paranormal Whacktivity, Dinotopia, Pokémon Hoopa, 13 Assassins, Deliver Us From Evil, Sean of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Fault in our Stars, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, The FullMetal Alchemist Movies, ,The Hurt Locker, Riddick,

Series: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, The Expanse, Babylon 5, The Wire, Magicians, True Detective Season 1, House M. D., The Walking Dead, Monk, Heroes, Grimm, Saved by the Bell, Psych, True Detective Season One, Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Shameless, Mr. Robot, into the badlands, Parks and Recreation, Corner Gas, Fire Fly, dark matter, the magicians, shannara chronicles, The 100, 

Anime: Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fate series, Psycho Pass, Steins;Gate, Bungou Stray Dogs, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Great Teacher Onizuka, Desert Punk, Future Boy Conan, Dragon League, Monster, One Punch Man, Code Geass, Berserk, Basilisk, Guilty Crown, Magi, Psyren (manga), Nyan Koi!, C, Trigun, Dragon Ball Z + GT, Terror In Resonance, s-cry-ed, Boku dake ga inai machi, Re:Zero, Drifters, .//Hack:Sign , //Hack:Roots ,speedgrapher, tenjho tenge.Macross Plus ,Blood the last vampire , Vampire hunter D , Dual, The Devil is a Part Timer!, High School DxD, Blue Exorcist, Rwby Rose, D.Gray-Man, Angel Beats, Eureka, Death Note, Black Butler, Rosario Vampire, AJIN, Pupa , Nanbaka, Samurai 7 , Knights of Sidonia ,

Spoiler

Recommendations I Will Try:

Inglorious Basterds (ban)

Sherlock (ban)

Old Boy (emn)

I Saw The Devil (emn)

Psycho Pass (emn)

Bungou Stray Dogs (emn)

FLCL (emn)

K-Pax (kage)

The Wolf of Wall Street (kage)

Monster (kage)

Psyren (thaku)

C (thaku)

The Hateful Eight (dvs)

Akira (dvs)

Terror In Resonance (mclaughlin)

Leon: the professional (griff)

S-cry-ed (griff)

Boku dake ga inai machi (shoutgu)

Drifters (R-78)

Cube movies (Nova)

Avalon (Nova)

Ajin (Rendlan)

Steven Universe (mudz)

Memento (kage)

Edited by radezz
  • Like 3

Movies: The Departed, The Prestige, Logan, Inglorious Basterds, se7en

Series: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, 

Anime: Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho (same creator of HxH), Fate series

Bonus: Howl's Moving Castle (movie and anime in one! lol)

EDIT: D. Gray-Man was an excellent manga (an all time favorite but will never be finished- sounds like HxH lol) and i believe the anime followed suit in greatness :) The 2016 version was awesome, but its a continuation of the 2008 adaptation. If you want a more shonen series, check it out.

Redline is an anime movie about racing in the future. Great animation :3

Gankutsuou (2004) anime series based on the Count of Monte Cristo so I think you'd like this adaptation. My bro loved it. 

Edited by anthonyplays
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, anthonyplays said:

Movies: The Departed, The Prestige, Logan, Inglorious Basterds, se7en

Series: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, 

Anime: Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho (same creator of HxH), Fate series

Bonus: Howl's Moving Castle (movie and anime in one! lol)

I second all these suggestions, and offer:

Movies: Old Boy, I Saw The Devil, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, John Wick 1&2 

Series: The Expanse, Babylon 5, The Wire, Magicians, True Detective Season 1

Anime: Psycho Pass, Steins;Gate, Bungou Stray Dogs, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL

Edited by EasyModeNub
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 6:49 PM, anthonyplays said:

Thank You for your great recommendations Ban!

Movies: The Departed, The Prestige, Logan, se7en --->Loved all, great movies indeed/Inglorious Basterds ---> Will try

Series: Dexter --->Loved/Sherlock--->Will try/Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders---> not my taste

Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho (same creator of HxH), Fate series--->Loved/Samurai Champloo---didnt like it.

Bonus: Howl's Moving Castle (movie and anime in one! lol)--->Watched.

EDIT: D-Gray Man, Redline--->Not my taste

Edited by radezz
  • Like 1

Movies:Ghost, Van Helsing, Saw, Metrópolis,

Series: House M. D., The Walking Dead, Monk, Heroes, Grimm, Saved by the Bell, Psych.

Anime:Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Great Teacher Onizuka, Desert Punk, Future Boy Conan, Dragon League.

Edited by Rocbleaser
  • Like 1

Movies: K-Pax, The Green Mile, Mad Max, American History X, The Wolf of Wall Street, Requiemfor a Dream.

Series: True Detective Season One, Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Shameless, Mr. Robot.

Anime: Monster, One Punch Man, Code Geass, Berserk, Basilisk.

Games: Any game of telltale, its like watch an interactive series, special mention to Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or a Wolf Among us, their story its amazing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EasyModeNub said:

Thank You for your great recommendations EasyModeNub!

Movies:John Wick 1&2--->Loved it/ Old Boy, I Saw The Devil,--->Will try/No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, --->Not my taste

Series: The Expanse, Magicians--->Watched it/The Wire, True Detective Season 1--->Not my taste/Babylon 5, too old

Anime: Steins;Gate--->One of my favorites/Psycho Pass,Bungou Stray Dogs, FLCL--->Will try/Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop--->Didnt like

Edited by radezz

5 hours ago, Rocbleaser said:

Thank You for your great recommendations Rocbleaser!

Movies:Van Helsing--->Watched/Ghost, Saw,--->Not my taste/Metrópolis (if you mean the 1927 one, its too old)

Series: House M. D.,Heroes, The Walking Dead, Monk, Saved by the Bell,--->Loved/Grimm, Psych--->Didnt like

Anime:Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Great Teacher Onizuka, Desert Punk, Future Boy Conan, Dragon League--->Not my taste

Edited by radezz

5 hours ago, Kagetsuya said:

Thank You for your great recommendations Kagetsuya!

Movies: The Green Mile, Mad Max--->Watched/K-Pax, The Wolf of Wall Street--->Will try/American History X, Requiem for a Dream--->Not my taste

Series: Black Mirror, Stranger Things--->Loved/True Detective Season One,Shameless, Mr. Robot.--->Not my taste

Anime: Berserk, Basilisk. One Punch Man,--->Loved/Monster,--->Will try/Code Geass--->Didnt like

Games: Any game of telltale, its like watch an interactive series, special mention to Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or a Wolf Among us, their story its amazing.--->I like this. I will try it, thank you!

Edited by radezz

4 hours ago, Thakugan said:

Thank You for your great recommendations Thakugan!

Anime: Guilty Crown, Magi--->Loved/Psyren, C--->Will try

Edited by radezz

Thank You for your great recommendations ipolyr!

Nyan Koi!--->Not my taste

Oh, I lied. There isn't a Psyren anime. The manga is amazing though if you still want to give that a try. 

And just in case you didn't see my edit, you should check out [C] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(anime)

Oh I see, ok thank you very much! I will try it!

Movie: Inception, Pulp Fiction, Hateful Eight, Inglorious Bastards, City of God (subtitled but beyond excellent)

Anime Movies : Akira (a super classic), Ninja Scroll (one of my favorites of all time), Spirited Away (won tons of awards), Grave of the Fireflies (ridiculously sad, prepare to cry)

Anime Series: Trigun (such a classic), Dragon Ball Z + GT (cmon you gotta love DBZ lol)

• Like 1