New Material Plans

Zynetic

Due to the introduction of an increased cap on the maximum statistics on characters on the 29th of October '10, it's fairly obvious that characters cannot follow the same plans they used before if they want to cap their statistics.

Problem being, the material cap wasn't raised (yet, anyway). Added to this, maxing all your stats isn't... useful... at all, unless you want to see pretty yellow numbers (that most of the time, do nothing).

So, rather than attempt to max all your statistics, I thought I'd create this guide to max the useful statistics. This means the following statistics would attempt to be maxed:

• ATP (all characters; up to 580 on FOnewearl)
  • ATA (all characters)
  • MST (not HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar and androids)
  • LCK (all characters; except FOnewearl)

Surely you're wondering why you should bother to only max these statistics. Reason being is because of no extra levels or extra materials (yet), you would need to take points out of DFP and EVP (which are not needed at all, providing you can play, anyway... (EVP is useless even if you can't play well)).

Note: I'll attempt to list more than one plan for BOVN use, Red Ring use, Adept usage (on classes that they're useful for; HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar) and such. Note on any plan which says "no Red Ring" or "No Adepts", you CAN still use them, but they will not count towards your maximum stat plan.

Note 2: There may be some extra materials in some plans. If this is the case, feel free to increase your DFP, EVP or MST with these extra materials. It's up to you what you do with them. Or, you could increase your ATP to max at a lower level.

Note 3: Will attempt to use the smallest amount of units possible.

HUmar

No BOVN. No Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

144 Power Materials

38 Luck Materials

+ 68 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/126/69/0

BOVN. No Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

154 Power Materials

45 Luck Materials

+ 51 Extra Materials

Units

None

Mag

5/123/72/0

No BOVN. Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

144 Power Materials

28 Luck Materials

+ 78 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/126/69/0

No BOVN. No Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Flowen's 3084 Spirit. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

222 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

28 Luck Materials

+ 0 Extra Materials (read mag notes below)

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Smartlink -- Sorry folks, if you wanna play well, gotta have this as a Hunter.

Mag

At least 38 Power. For every extra power level after 38, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 38 Power or more.

BOVN. Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

154 Power Materials

35 Luck Materials

+ 61 Extra Materials

Units

None

Mag

5/123/72/0

BOVN. No Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Flowen's 3084 Spirit. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

215 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

35 Luck Materials

Units

Adept

Adept

Mag

At least 52 Power. For every extra power level after 52, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 52 Power or more.

No BOVN. Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Flowen's 3084 Spirit. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

232 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

18 Luck Materials

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Smartlink -- Sorry folks, if you wanna play well, gotta have one of these as a Hunter.

Mag

At least 28 Power. For every extra power level after 28, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 28 Power or more.

BOVN. Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Flowen's 3084 Spirit. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

225 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

25 Luck Materials

Units

Adept

Adept

Mag

At least 42 Power. For every extra power level after 42, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 42 Power or more.

HUnewearl -- Two Adepts are a neccessity for HUnewearl. She needs a humungous 62 ATA at 200 to reach her maximum and therefore mustuse ATA units to increase this. At least this lets you use 3084 Spirit whenever you wish.

(Random note: HUnewearl's new max ATP is 1337. :P)

No BOVN. No Red Ring.

Materials

80 Power Materials

28 Luck Materials

+ 42 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Smartlink -- Sorry folks, if you wanna play well, gotta have one of these as a Hunter.

Mag

5/154/41/0

BOVN. No Red Ring.

Materials

90 Power Materials

35 Luck Materials

+ 25 Extra Materials

Units

Adept

Adept

Mag

5/151/44/0

No BOVN. Red Ring.

Materials

80 Power Materials

18 Luck Materials

+ 52 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Mag

5/154/41/0

BOVN. Red Ring.

Materials

90 Power Materials

25 Luck Materials

+ 35 Extra Materials

Units

Adept

Adept

Mag

5/151/44/0

HUcast (I hate this guy when maxing now...)

No BOVN. No Red Ring.

Materials

130 Power Materials

8 Luck Materials

+ 12 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/124/71/0

BOVN. (Red Ring makes no difference)

Materials

125 Power Materials

+ 25 Extra Materials

Units

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/127/68/0

No BOVN. Red Ring.

Materials

130 Power Materials

+ 20 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/124/71/0

HUcaseal

No BOVN. No Red Ring.

Materials

112 Power Materials

23 Luck Materials

+ 15 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/116/79/0

BOVN. No Red Ring.

Materials

101 Power Materials

15 Luck Materials

+ 34 Extra Materials

Units

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/119/76/0

No BOVN. Red Ring.

Materials

112 Power Materials

13 Luck Materials

+ 25 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/116/79/0

BOVN. Red Ring.

Materials

101 Power Materials

5 Luck Materials

+ 44 Extra Materials

Units

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/119/76/0

RAmar

No Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

130 Power Materials

38 Luck Materials

+ 82 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/140/55/0

Red Ring. No Adepts.

Materials

130 Power Materials

28 Luck Materials

+ 92 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/140/55/0

No Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Spirit Needle. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

222 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

28 Luck Materials

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Mag

At least 38 Power. For every extra power level after 38, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 38 Power or more.

Red Ring. Two Adepts. (Only recommended if you want to use Spirit Needle. Otherwise, do not use this plan.)

Materials

232 Power Materials (read mag notes below)

18 Luck Materials

Units

V101

Adept

Adept

Mag

At least 28 Power. For every extra power level after 28, remove one power from your material usage and count it as an extra material.

Note: You do not need any Dex on your mag, but you cannot have 5 Def and 0 Dex. Therefore, make any mag you want as long as it has 28 Power or more.

RAmarl -- Only one plan will be listed for RAmarl. Red Ring 100% of the time is unadvised incase you need to support a party (Clio and Resta Merge setup, I'm sure you want max MST and LCK with this) and Spirit is also unadvised due to alot of TP, restricting the use of Difluids for TP restoration.

Materials

74 Power Materials

162 Mind Materials

8 Luck Materials

+ 6 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

V502 or V801 (801 in areas you do not require Arrest or Hell)

Mag

5/140/55/0

RAcast

No Red Ring.

Materials

118 Power Materials

8 Luck Materials

+ 24 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/140/55/0

Red Ring.

Materials

118 Power Materials

+ 32 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/140/55/0

RAcaseal

No Red Ring.

Materials

111 Power Materials

38 Luck Materials

+ 1 Extra Material

Units

V101

Mag

5/132/63/0

Red Ring.

Materials

111 Power Materials

28 Luck Materials

+ 11 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/132/63/0

FOmar -- Only one plan will be listed for FOmar, as you may want to equip a Resta merge while melee'ing.

Materials

18 Power Materials

203 Mind Materials

23 Luck Materials

+ 6 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Mag

5/134/61/0

(Use Mind Mag before level 200 if you wish to nuke)

FOmarl -- Only one plan will be listed for FOmarl, as you may want to equip a Resta merge while melee'ing.

Materials

210 Mind Materials

38 Luck Materials

+ 2 Extra Materials

Units

V101

Mag

5/118/69/8

(Use Mind Mag before level 200 if you wish to nuke)

FOnewm -- FOnewm requires two mags; one for nuking and one for melee'ing.

Materials

48 Power Materials

66 Mind Materials

33 Luck Materials

+ 4 Extra Materials

Units (for melee)

V101

Adept

Units (for nuking)

None

Mags

5/114/81/0 (Maxes ATP/ATA/LCK with melee units)

15/0/0/185 (Maxes MST with nuking units)

FOnewearl -- FOnewearl is good in party play with Demon's and support gear (Tyrell's Parasol), so she needs 580 to access the required equipment. She will also use two mags, one for nuking and one for supporting with Demon's. LCK is also unneccessary.

Materials

150 Mind Materials

Units (for Demon's support)

V101

Units (for nuking)

None

Mags

5/49/126/20 (Mind is unneccessary, but she will max with 5/49/126/0, so might as well add 20 to Mind for abit more Resta power)

At least 175 Mind on the nuking mag.

And that's everything. This guide may be made redundant once/if Larva comes out with a patch to raise the maximum material cap. If that is the case, I honestly suggest Larva to offer material resets... even if just for donators.

[This took way too long to write. I'm so sad. I don't even play here. Oh well. xD]

[if you notice any errors (even grammatical or spelling), please notify me.]

• Like 19

Very nice + Rep but i do enjoy all my stats being yellow (and since i cant go back in time and prevent myself from using any materials to max before the new update) ill stay as i am :P

Anywho i loved the work you did here, interesting read.

and why did you not max the 3 class that can have max stats

edit: and why sorry you just want help the users here

I did not fully max those classes as maxing those classes uses at least 3 units, taking up space for the good units like 801, 50x, Cures, Sword Saint, Smartlink, etc. It's better to have some freedom with your units rather than none just for yellow numbers. Although HUcast is screwed no matter what I guess because of his insane ATP. Needs V101+2x Cent or 3x Cent. ;;

Though before the update, some classes could max all with free slots, like HUcast, FOmarl, RAmar, maybe some more.

And I have no idea why I'm posting anything. To waste time, I guess? xD

EDIT: Thanks Sunny. o.o I'm one of those players who would prefer to do well than have aesthetically pleasing things, you see. =p

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 1

umm i dunno about all the other characters but for FOnewm you should never use pow mats on them that would be dumb, its the only character that cant melee (unless u have pow/mag, units and excalibur). same goes with fomearl

• Like 1

FOnewm melee:

Max ATP (is obtained through the plan)

Max ATA (is obtained through the plan)

Max LCK (is obtained through the plan)

Weaponry:

Excalibur

Slicer of Fanatic

Bringer's Rifle

50H Sacrifical Mechguns

Girasole (due to 10 ATA increase, could be good in later areas with a Red Ring... this is if it's obtainable. o.o)

Diska of Braveman (with Thirteen) -- Sacrifical Slicer is too weak for FOnewm.

Glide Divine

Striker of Chao

Units:

V101

Adept

Smartlink

Free [Arm unit before 200, maybe pow unit, 801 at 200]

Armour:

Aura Field / Lafuteria / Garb / Thirteen (Diska of Braveman)

Hm, I don't know. I think you should use Power Materials on a FOnewm...

...Just my take on things, though.

I have a 198 FOnewm who can melee and nuke, I think I know what I'm doing, sorry to say. I understand I'm sounding bigheaded, but there we go.

I also have a decent levelled FOmarl and FOnewearl (which are you talking about?), and both benefit from ATP. FOmarl for melee equipment and FOnewearl for Demon's and Tyrell's Parasol.

• Like 1

a FOnewm can't melee(unless he has a 30 hit excalibur and pow mag) even then it would be a pain to switch equips. so i completely disagree with ur fonewm part of the guide and the equips u have for fonewm are terrible lol!

• Like 1

Then he must be playing him wrong or used a bad material plan. Though, I shouldn't have been stressing I had a 198 FOnewm -- level doesn't really mean much in terms of experience. [Was just kind of using it as that I've played that class for a long time -- on 1X EXP, no less.]

FOnewm is perfectly acceptable to melee, even before the statistic upgrade (which gave him 100 ATP and 10 ATA more than usual!), as it will always do more damage than his techniques in party play, and significantly more if you use Demon's / Excalibur with good statistics. Even a simple Girasole will do more singular damage on an enemy, as well as 50H+ Sacrifical Mechguns, while a Braveman with Thirteen will do quite abit of damage on groups. (As the 50% ATP increase from Thirteen also applies to Grinders and percents on the weapon, with 30 ATA to boot.)

Saying FOnewm cannot melee is saying that a RAmarl can't support, simply because they are inferior compared to something else. Sure, you can't combo kill everything on a FOnewm like you can with a HU/RA, but this doesn't mean he's bad. He might take one or two more combos; it's part of being a FO. You'll do less damage than your counterparts in the HU/RA department, but you'll have much better supports for other people. And really, how is using Demon's not being able to melee? Demon's removes 75% HP from an enemy, and the ranged glitch with slicers makes Fanatic even better (if you set off a second attack while the first has not connected, the first attack will have the ATA of the second attack: SNS is the best combo to use), while you're able to PC a Bringer's Rifle up to 50H.

I wouldn't bother arguing to me that a FOnewm cannot melee, as he can. If switching units and mag is too hard for you when you go play in a party, don't bother melee'ing then, just stick to pure support. But do know a FOnewm is much, much more useful in a party if he can melee, even if that melee is only Demon's. And as I have stated before, I have used FOnewm with melee, and I do say he's very useful. You don't even need a hit Excalibur, unless you're anal about NSS combos or so.

• Like 5

Guys why are you -REPing Zynetic hes right >.<

The diferrence is dizz doesnt play solo. (except maybe ep IV)

Dizz has a lvl 200 FOnewman... just throwing that out there

Uhm does that mean anything? Level doesnt = gameplay

Edited by SunnyD

Question of the day = whats up with the -rep for mentioning dizz has a 200 fonewman? Seriously are we third graders? /endrant

Uhm does that mean anything? Level doesnt = gameplay

And some people that play a lot are still bad players. It is a circular logic that we don't need to get into.

The point of playing PSO is to have fun right? I play a FOnewarl and I honestly will never equip a weapon on her. Not because she cannot melee at all, but because I decided her role is to be support. I roll with a glide, resta merge, all lvl 30 support techs and Sacred Cloth so i dont get paralyzed vs. lilies. I love it. If someone is rollin with Demons and whatnot, great. You helped your other teammates kill something they were going to kill in like 5 seconds anyway. But I am not going to argue over who is right or has the "best setup." I mean.. I have an excel spreadsheet with all my characters and a plan to max all the important stats including current matusage for example and target mat usage along with current mag and the mag i need for when i ding lvl 200 so it isn't like I have no idea what is going on.

I prefer to think of each job as a rolefiller. If you play other Mmos then you know that not all classes are Damage dealers. Some are tank, and some are Support. If you solo a lot then maybe the melee is more useful but in a party I think it is more than acceptable to let the FOs blow stuff up and support and let the RA/HU do the damage

• Like 5

The thing is... how do you solo?

I mean good luck killing volt opt or falz (only going on ep I for now) with techs? That takes forever.

Edited by SunnyD