Ryu's PGF Mini Event (finally)

ryukin

Well here's a time. Unfortunately no handgun dropped this run which didn't help, as we had some desync issues in Area 4 where I had to run away and waste time. I'd argue a proper time for this quest would be around 31~33 minutes, although with the drops on Ultima I'm not sure if that's possible without running the same quest for 6 months.

fr6SM5o.jpg

I'll PM you the video once it has uploaded, it's a rather large file.

I'm assuming they're well-known here, but the extra UI elements are Soly's PSOBB Addon for Eidolon's Lua Plugin which just shows some data, and does not give any actual benefit to getting a faster time.

Regarding the "P1/3" route, 2C2 splits up the party numerous times (Area 1, 3, 4 and 6) depending on your colour dot, and if players were to force themselves to be the Red and Yellow dot, they wouldn't have to split up which is not the aim of the level.

Edited by Zynetic

• 3 weeks later...

Event ends tomorrow. Even if you don't think you'll win there is still free dts for 2nd and 3rd place. Prizes will be dealt out by the 18th at the extreme latest, even though I super doubt that it would come close to that.

33 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@ryukinĀ May we have one more day pleaseĀ ? O=

Sorry, I wanted it to end on the 15th because of things I have planned for myself. Tbh looking back I wish I would have ended it on the 14th so I could have easily given the prizes out today, instead of barely being able to get to it tomorrow.

I see I see, well no worries. Was just asking in case of. We got caught by time and today was a succession of bad runs and disconnections. We should have started running sooner anyway, so it's all our fault of course. But life & work ^^"

Best we did was 1'10 but the fonewearlĀ died hopelesslyĀ (no fluids, mates, nor tp) right before we killed gol dragon so... we don't even have a proper run. Also, I wonder howĀ people got less than 50 min, I guess we're just not good enough yet =)

lol well no one else submitted a time, so there's no 2nd or 3rd place. Could have ran a 8 hour cmode and won 75 dts each for yourself and a friend.Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ looks like we all learned something here, i'll try and make it better next time.

I wasn't too interested in this event because 1: heard Sylph was participating, and 2: 2p sucks, yo. If drops weren't so broken in c-mode, I would have actually been really interested, since it would be less RNG and more actual skill.

• Like 1

Two things about people not playing c-mode on UltimaĀ :

1. On this server S-Rank weapon can be obtained without even knowing what c-mode is
  2. S-Rank weapon doesn't have enough base ATA to be proper weapons on Ultima. And yes, am sorry, but I am personallyĀ not interested in having a zalure/jellen S-rank.
  3. Most players don't care about playing something for the fun or challenge of it (or at least the mentality I've seen here and there), but only for what they will earn by doing it. Well it seems that even with a PGF as a prize, some people don't even want to put the effort on it (or the one that would've been interested didn't knew about it, see point 5.)
  4. I've always wondered why people would not want to put the effort on it, when they basically run tons of time to get something in the game. Is it because of competition ? They fear not to be the best and not to earn anything ? They fear competition :o
  5. @ryukinĀ I feel likeĀ your event could have used more advertising. Some people in game don't check on the forum, or post get buried by others. In my personal experience, you could get double or triple the number of people participating by just talking to people in game about your awesome event and the rewards at key. We poor humans with bad memory, and choices to make every day, can use a little reminder once in a while to get hyped. (now... I didn't spy on you, soĀ you perhaps actually did that, but just in case...)
  6. It was a good idea of event, even if we did not submit our poor results, we did a lot of run in order to get better, and we'll probably keep going to do so from now on, so thanks ryukin.

I wish that Shin and I could have participated, but we can't find a recording program for windows xp that will record for over 3 minutes. Great event though. Super fun and creative.

36 minutes ago, Ruffalufacus said:

I'm so upset I wasn't aware of this, Sylph and I would have dominated!

Never underestimate others ruffa :) both zyn and lostfish are very great cmodders that i know and both have good teamwork/knowledges of stages.

Btw, rashan left me and stopped to play 2 weeks ago so i gave up on this >< we should still have a 37 or 38 min ( idr, rashan should have screenshots still ) run but i can't be bothered to upload it only for dt's lol.

Even though i don't really understand why people from other server ( which don't care at all about ultima aswell ) would bother to play this.. i find it is is a pity to deprive people who cares to play on this server from something like pgf's... minus this sentence if said people actually intend to play here.

Congrats to the winners though ;)Ā 

Edited by Sylph777