2017 New Event Item Poll

Quick 2017 event poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite new 2017 Easter weapon?

• Fury of the Beast
    • Kiss of Death
    • Samba's Fiesta
    • Egg Blaster mk2
    • Morolian Blaster
    • No opinion/Haven't used any of these
  2. 2. What is your favorite new 2017 Valentine weapon?

• Sil Dragon Slayer
    • Crush Cannon
    • Blood Tornado
    • No opinion/Haven't used any of these
  3. 3. Where do you want drops in the upcoming Summer event?

2 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Just curious, are new items coming for Summer Event 2017?

That's kind of what this topic is helping us decide.  I'll just say probably.  I'm so happy to hear feedback in such a positive topic.  Normally there's drama.  A bit of the voting feedback surprises me, but it's good feedback.  :cc-in-love:  

Please don't make C/battle any easier to get. It's a game breaking item and I'd hate to see it easy to get like some of the Valentines items.

On the subject of favorite new weapons. Crush cannon is decent, but I only bother to use it on HUcast. As for Easter, honestly FotB is pretty good. I don't see myself using it in a serious mannor, but the damage output is pretty insane.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Well, you should admit, of all the weapons above probably this the one that only few people have. Not many cared to hunt Tension Blaster on Christmas, it was considered a bad weapon before that upgrade. It doesn't drop in any other place or event, so only the veterans probably own a Blaster to make it.

All other base weapons you can get year round. Samba Maracas is a ROCT prize, Eggblaster you can make year round, Crush Bullet, Bloody Art and Dragon Slayer people have hundreds of them (even with crappy stats). Tension Blaster the only opprtunity you have to get is on Christmas, which is an event that majority of people only focus on getting PGF.

I have to highly agree with this. I mean I have no tension blaster, and would not wait like 7 months to make a higher ata arrest raygun

Thanks to @kajex, @Fyrewolf5, @Soly and all people involved to make this event happen.

I know it's hard to make changes and bring new things.

But I'm really enjoying the new itens and really looking forward for next events that will come.

Once again thank you! Great work!

Greetings and salute!

• Like 2

I'll leave that here for future item creation, please use (at least partially)@kajex or anyone making new items on this server, those are my advices for 2017 and more:

1. Try as much as possible to make "double-edged" items
    • For each bonus "over the top" or that may make the item very appreciated/op, set a considerable malus to compensate
    • Basic Example 1 : Fury of the Loan Shark : 750 ATP, 95 ATA, Charge, -120 DFP, -350 HP (if this doesn't turn out like n00b/hp ç__ç)
    • Shitty Example 2 : Last Zanba : 550 ATP, 55 ATA, Gush, +1000 HP, +100 DFP, -50 LCK
    • Weird Example 3 : Cloak of Invisibility : 0 DFP, 750 EVP, +10 ATA, 20 EDK, -200 MST
    • Useless Example 4 : Elemental Ring : 100 EFR, ETH, EIC, 50 ELT, 0 EDK +250 HP, -300 EVP
    • (I don't know how many (negative + positive) stats it is possible to set for one item alone, so this might be tricky to balance)
  2. Do not make any new "charge" weapons
  3. Please, pretty please, let us use our uncountable grinders ! By example, if you wanna make a 500 ATP weapon, you can leave it at 300 base and 100 grinders.
    • This would avoid finding weapon already "finished". We would have to grind it first to have the full potential.
    • Need to do something with all those grinders rotting in our banks.
    • It is kinda baddass to have a +xxx weapon compared to having a clean one.
    • There is a kind of pleasure about "crafting", "upgrading" in a game... in my opinion
    • It has been proven that grinders are taken in account into the sphering, so there is no downside to this proposition (if not hunting grinders)
  4. Try as much as possible to make combinable items when it's possible and wise:
    • To avoid some vanilla weapon to just disappear completely from players inventory (aka: it will become so weak/useless/outdated that it will not be hunted or used anymore)
    • Because most of the time, you're ain't creating something really new (skin and special wise). Take Ultima Reaper by example, that one is a fail in this matter, should have been an evolution of Soul Banish in my humble opinion. Now, what do people do when they find a Soul Banish ? Hum ? Well, I'll tell you what I do, I keep one with big hit in my bank for collection. But that's what it will remain forever : collection.
    • Because this will allow people to hunt at least one part of the combinaison all year around, while still making events enjoyable because you'll then be able to upgrade it =)
  5. If you're considering to make a new :
    • Claw : man, if this doesn't have 1000+ ATP and 70+ ATA, don't even think about doing it
    • Fist : man if this doesn't have 2000+ ATP at least and 70-80+ ATA, abstain yourself
    • Katana : Make an upgrade of Raikiri with more ATP and ATA and also more malus, refer to 1.
      • Example : 450 ATP (and 250 grinders to a max of 950 ATP), 150 ATA, -50 to all stats or -150 DFP/EVP
    • Cane/Wand/Rod : do something awesome with that, but to be fair, I have no idea at the moment
    • Mechgun : don't do it
    • Launcher : don't do it

Thanks for your patience in this matter. Perhaps not everything makes sense, but this is my global feeling and am pretty sure that at least half of it are "good advices"

Edited by Misombre
Added kid gloves
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Misombre said:

I'll leave that here for future item creation, please use (at least partially)@kajex or anyone making new items on this server, those are my advices for 2017 and more:

1. Try as much as possible to make "double-edged" items
    • For each bonus "over the top" or that may make the item very appreciated/op, set a considerable malus to compensate
    • Basic Example 1 : Fury of the Loan Shark : 750 ATP, 95 ATA, Charge, -120 DFP, -350 HP (if this doesn't turn out like n00b/hp ç__ç)
    • Shitty Example 2 : Last Zanba : 550 ATP, 55 ATA, Gush, +1000 HP, +100 DFP, -50 LCK
    • Weird Example 3 : Cloak of Invisibility : 0 DFP, 750 EVP, +10 ATA, 20 EDK, -200 MST
    • Useless Example 4 : Elemental Ring : 100 EFR, ETH, EIC, 50 ELT, 0 EDK +250 HP, -300 EVP
    • (I don't know how many (negative + positive) stats it is possible to set for one item alone, so this might be tricky to balance)
  2. Do not make any new "charge" weapons
  3. Please, pretty please, let us use our uncountable grinders ! By example, if you wanna make a 500 ATP weapon, you can leave it at 300 base and 100 grinders.
    • This would avoid finding weapon already "finished". We would have to grind it first to have the full potential.
    • Need to do something with all those grinders rotting in our banks.
    • It is kinda baddass to have a +xxx weapon compared to having a clean one.
    • There is a kind of pleasure about "crafting", "upgrading" in a game... in my opinion
    • It has been proven that grinders are taken in account into the sphering, so there is no downside to this proposition (if not hunting grinders)
  4. Try as much as possible to make combinable items when it's possible and wise:
    • To avoid some vanilla weapon to just disappear completely from players inventory (aka: it will become so weak/useless/outdated that it will not be hunted or used anymore)
    • Because most of the time, you're ain't creating something really new (skin and special wise). Take Ultima Reaper by example, that one is a fail in this matter, should have been an evolution of Soul Banish in my humble opinion. Now, what do people do when they find a Soul Banish ? Hum ? Well, I'll tell you what I do, I keep one with big hit in my bank for collection. But that's what it will remain forever : collection.
    • Because this will allow people to hunt at least one part of the combinaison all year around, while still making events enjoyable because you'll then be able to upgrade it =)
  5. If you're considering to make a new :
    • Claw : man, if this doesn't have 1000+ ATP and 70+ ATA, don't even think about doing it
    • Fist : man if this doesn't have 2000+ ATP at least and 70-80+ ATA, abstain yourself
    • Katana : Make an upgrade of Raikiri with more ATP and ATA and also more malus, refer to 1.
      • Example : 450 ATP (and 250 grinders to a max of 950 ATP), 150 ATA, -50 to all stats or -150 DFP/EVP
    • Cane/Wand/Rod : do something awesome with that, but to be fair, I have no idea at the moment
    • Mechgun : don't do it
    • Launcher : don't do it

Thanks for your patience in this matter. Perhaps not everything makes sense, but this is my global feeling and am pretty sure that at least half of it are "good advices"

nice ideas :3

but i doubt somethink like that or close to it will happen, since Larva wouldnt agree with any of these. totally sure about it. just take the other ideas for example which arent way to op.

@Misombre, I mean this could just be my opinion, but those armors are REALLY interesting to me, I am guessing cloak of invincibility is upgraded over stealth suit? I kind of like that elemental ring as well, kind of takes me back to some of the elemental suppressing items in old final fantasy games and it strong yes, I mean it negates all the elements really, but also doesn't leave you prettymuch invincible in the way that STA does.