2017 New Event Item Poll

Quick 2017 event poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite new 2017 Easter weapon?

• Fury of the Beast
    • Kiss of Death
    • Samba's Fiesta
    • Egg Blaster mk2
    • Morolian Blaster
    • No opinion/Haven't used any of these
  2. 2. What is your favorite new 2017 Valentine weapon?

• Sil Dragon Slayer
    • Crush Cannon
    • Blood Tornado
    • No opinion/Haven't used any of these
  3. 3. Where do you want drops in the upcoming Summer event?

@TripleR I am not.

Crush Cannon is a ranged multitarget weapon, blood tornado is not
Crush Cannon special will help casts, blood tornado special is reduced on casts (and who cares about human and new human ? hum ? if you wanna be strong, play a cast damnit)

Also, TypeMe/mechgun demon's still overpower Blood Tornado in my opinion (range + 9 hits combo vs better ATA but 6 hits combo on close quarter combat)  and now Forces have Samba Maracas so... the way I see it, not many people will use Blood Tornado regularly.

To be honest, Blood Tornado, as good as it is and as much as I like it, was a bad "good idea" =/

9 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@TripleR I am not.

Crush Cannon is a ranged multitarget weapon, blood tornado is not
Crush Cannon special will help casts, blood tornado special is reduced on casts (and who cares about human and new human ? hum ? if you wanna be strong, play a cast damnit)

Also, TypeMe/mechgun demon's still overpower Blood Tornado in my opinion (range + 9 hits combo vs better ATA but 6 hits combo on close quarter combat)  and now Forces have Samba Maracas so... the way I see it, not many people will use Blood Tornado regularly.

To be honest, Blood Tornado, as good as it is and as much as I like it, was a bad "good idea" =/

Not everyone plays casts, and even on casts it's more than good enough to kill extremely fast. BT is also upgraded from a common weapon which you can obtain in gallon's roulette with a lot of hit, and has huge amount more ata than me/mechs too, and actually has the atp to deal a finishing blow to monsters. It's definitely one of the best single target weapons imo, even though that entire set was designed as mid-upgrades falling between mid-tier and high-tier to fill in some gaps which were lacking. It's also the coolest looking one of the new valentines items, which is an indisputable fact and the only thing that really matters :onion108:

• Like 1

Saith's trap activated *_* ¤thought it would take longer¤

The finishing blow ^^ yeah right. Well as a weak huney I can deal the finishing blow on a Ill Gill with barely 50 damages (from the mechgun) ; and never had any issue finishing off a monster with mechgun. That's how powerful demon's is. That's how OP mechguns are.

Now, just based on my own experience - which is kinda limited so take it lightly - I find it easier to kill any monster with a TypeMe/Mechgun demon's than with a BKB or a BT. Why that ? Most of time, I'd say because monsters will interrupt you during your combo when using close range weapon like BKB or BT.

Extreme example : Girtablulu. Well, unless you paralyze it before, there is no way you'd be able to kill it with BT or BKB (unless some people are shooting the Girtablulu and preventing it to interrupt you) as fast as you'd do with the mechgun.

Also, monsters are not alone, so as soon as you get close with BT, you can get surrounded easily and interrupted. Now I don't deny that in some situation, you can perfectly use BT very efficiency and even be faster than with mechgun. Like a "single isolated target".

I find it cool that the mobs vs boss questions has close to 90% in favor of mobs.  Opens up a lot more gameplay during events imo.

just a think.. why does the most hated mobs dont get any event drops ? or at least not good ones (if they even have an event drop)

talkin bout the mericarol/merikle/Mericus series D:  (hope i wrote their names not wrong x.x

@Misombre, I actually think that BT shines the most on hunters, especially on Hucaseal I use that weapon a lot. Now, I will agree with many things you say up there, but I think it is difficult to compare the two weapons in the first place. I will give some examples on how I use each.

Sometimes things are just too hairy to use DF, or for whatever reason I needed to heal in a short time before an incoming del biter. I can stop, freeze,and kill a del biter much more easily with DT than I could with typeme/mechs. Also with a high dfp enemy like epsilon blood tornado can put out damage to finish him off where me's would be hitting for 0s. Now against gi gues which my ranged weapons are also mostly ineffective against, I much prefer to use typemes, as I find using a close range weapon on a unfrozen one is a bit risky because the bomb will be hard to dodge. All of this is amplied much more on humar, who I think is probably the most adept player in the game with both of these weapons. Also, I think girta's attacking and disrupting a combo should not happen, you should always have an arrest weapon down there :) It's prettymuch even there, but hucaseal I definatey would use BT for girta due to high hp/dfp.

Also about mob drops, while I think boss drops should still be a thing as it is more fitting for some items, mob drops opens up a much larger variety of quests to play, which makes events way less boring.

Edited by TripleR
  • Like 2

@TripleR Yep I guess ^^ but this is because you're playing Hucaseal while I play Hunewearl

So you got freeze traps for crowd control, and I got zalure. With zalure, I still deal damage to that poor Epsilon ; though I agree it is faster with BT in this situation, that is, if there is not a ton of Epsilons and that you can get close enough to use BT.

On Gi Gue, you can literally kill with one combo (sometime, if aligned correctly, I manage to kill two Gi Gue with one combo lol) of type mechgun. Now, many monsters are literally "anti-hunters" : sinow, mericarol's series, Zu, Gi Gue, etc. Well, more accurately, "anti close quarter combat'. Because they move around a lot and will not let you perform a combo if too close. That's how the game globally is, in favored of ranged weapons (and actually lol, this is pretty accurate because in real life range is the shit and you ain't killing anything faster with a knife).

About Girtablulu, I know what you mean, and you are right. But, assuming you can tank some elemental damage, it is just faster to kill it straight ahead than to paralyze it and  then kill it. With STA + demon's mechgun or SoF, it's a easy job =)

@Misombe, well I mean honestly I usually am using an STA I can just tank girta endlessly. However I instinctually arrest them over the fear of....Girtablublu back rubs.

Those creeps, they draw you in and turn you around and try to feel up your backside? My hucaseal does not like this unwanted touch, and does whatever she can to avoid it

I happen to thoroughly enjoy Sil Dragon Slayer (even though I don't quite have one yet). Crush Cannon would be a big second to me.

I really want to find a FotB so I can at least have it for later when I decide to upgrade it with hit and what not.

I'd prefer things dropping from mobs more than bosses. To be honest, there's not much fun in doing an entire run for 1 boss and then that boss never drops it imo. I'd rather kill trillions of adds and then get it after the quintillionth kill.

• Like 1