Connecting to the server... forever

My game constantly crashes as I'm trying to log in, specifically on the screen where it says "Connecting to the server, please wait...". I know that the server isn't down, as the launcher and website show 30 people currently online. I was able to play the game about a week ago, with no problems, but now it won't work. The game doesn't even crash until I open up the task manager, and then it prompts the "application is not responding" and closes. There is nothing in the error log, I never even get to see an error message. Here's a list of things I have tried:

• Uninstall and re-install
  • Run as administrator
  • Ensure my game is up to date
  • Turn off all virus protection
  • Add both the launcher and psobb.exe to  the list of allowed programs in the firewall settings
  • Change password, to ensure I'm using the right one
  • And yes, I did restart my computer multiple times throughout this process

I can't even think of anything that has changed since I last played, certainly nothing major. I even went and started up a  couple of other online games, and had no real issues. Anybody have any clue on this?

5 minutes ago, Nemuidesu said:

I am somewhat having a similar problem mine would sit there at "Connecting to server please wait" and it would be over 10-13 minutes later still sitting there

Yes, it is the same issue.  The Login Server is not working how it should.  Unfortunately, developers (?) and @Larva are the only people who can restart it.  So we need to wait until one of them is available to do so.