-ENDED- MINI EVENT - Give me the plot!

Cyane

Due to my lack of creativity, I decided to come up with this:

I lobbywhore so long that my character ends up turning to stone, photon chair and all. People in lobby start praising my statue in hopes of better RNG. When people notice that my statue brings good luck, they make a plaque and label it "Prophet of dw". All good drops and good RNG to those who praise my statue and dw. 

dw

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2017 at 10:59 PM, Auroboro said:

when does the submission end date begin so you can start to judge the winners?

DEADLINE: 

14th of May!

it's written on the post ;w;

• Like 2

Opening : After decades of improvement, Ultima has turned into a fully automated server with countless features to improve players confort. It has already been a long time since a GM or even a developer had to perform any updates at all ; all was running smoothly and new players kept coming at a fairly regular path.

Character's story : This new player, "Gillchic no4967856", is dragged into PSO for the first time. He's not exactly sure of what he's supposed to do and why, but he soon get his hunter licence and begin to slaughter some boomas in forest. He doesn't really like it, but feel like he has to; somehow. The other hunters on the lobby don't look like him, so he begins to think that he really must be lucky to have such a unique body. What bother him the most is that he never get to understand what they say, even if sometime it feels like they're talking to him. Everything change the day after Gillchic no4967856 finally beats the "Caves" and start playing in the "Mines"...

Plot : After being confronted to the other "Gillchics" that haunt the "Mines" of Ragol, Gillchic no4967856 comes to realize that he doesn't belong to those "hunters" and start to understand why he never really felt confortable killing monsters. He analyzed again and again, hunters, monsters, killing and deduced the natural order of this universe out of this : he was meant to kill hunters, for he was a monster. He also realized that he was too weak to achieve this goal. Therefore he had to grind as much as possible...

A week of grinding and hunters slaughtering has passed. "Gillchic no4967856" had now became a powerful Girtabaranz lv199 mounted on a Delbi éclair; in his back, two "Mericus heads" are hovering. He has long found the secret to change his own nature, to enter into any player's room, to kill players even without "battle mode", even on pioneer ! And also... to prevent players from coming back to life after getting killed.

Outcome : Players are leaving Ultima one by one, it has become utterly unlivable. Every time Gillchic enter a room, the remaining players disconnect automatically to avoid confronting him. Soon, Gillchic become very lonely and stops appearing. He understood his mistake, and decide to repair what he's done. Working silently in the shadows, he builds new stuff for the hunters, births new monsters and create a new area to play in. Of course, he became the boss of this new area and while he reduced his own power because he would be impossible to beat him otherwise, he can still enjoy killing some hunters once in a while, when they're not yet ready to confront him =)

• Happy ending : Gillchic no4967856 is now recognized as the first BGM (Bot Game Master), he often creates new content and host events for everyone to enjoy.
  • Sad ending : A developer track down the humongous quantity of bugs that allowed Gillchic no4967856 to exist and after countless hours of work, he manages to reset the server to its original state. Unfortunately, the developer dies from overworking and people are starting to make drama (for a change) because he should have not reset the server and fixed the bugs.
  • Like 1

WINNER OF THE FIRST PLACE

Spoiler

Misombre!!!!! 

I really liked the concept, a confused Gillchic roaming around killing other monsters in Ragol, would bring some hilarity at first and some questions from all the players observing the events unfold.

RUNNER UPS

Spoiler

anthonyplays > I kinda like the idea of having an event where certain aspects of the game are just removed and challenging players to get together and face what the game has to offer without those comforts that we got used to! That leave us the question, do we always have to play using our best gear?

griffeni >Same as the above but with a dangerous twist the risk of losing all we worked for on a game is kinda nerve wrecking

TripleR > A bit of a funny issue, sadly to make a story out of it the plot twist would only be understood but the players of this server, I do hope to see one day Larva becoming a beautiful butterfly!

I'm going to send you all a pm so we can discuss the prizes :3 

Thank you for all the entries! There weren't many valid to judge from but it was a nice reading.

See ya soon >:3

Bums

• Like 4

Out of curiosity, was the criteria for best entries not community upvotes? Or was it based on your own personal enjoyment? 

Because I just assumed it was community upvote.

@Auroboro Since TripleR got 6 upvotes and I got 1, I guess you got the answer to your question. Also, "community upvote" is a silly little thing that is quite random and not reliable, for what it matters... anyway best use your own judgement that rest on some hazardous clicks I guess

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

#BringBackDownRep

i would have down repped but i can untill downrep comesw back so you get a up rep

i would have down repped but i can untill downrep comesw back so you get a up rep

15 hours ago, Lemon said:

#BringBackDownRep

I didn't wanna feel left out, so I +repped you too.

Edited by MadOrNah