Ep1&2 Cmode grind, looking for 2

cursed180

Ok, i can join since i have free time lately, my in game names for the 2 main characters that i would use in cmode is : takumi ( hucast ) and sylph ( hucaseal ).

Also make sure to use hunter yourself ( preferably cast but fleshies is also fine ), as ranger is inefficient in cmode ( unless dropping weapons with great special and stats but it's pretty much random and doesn't worth it on this server.. ).

1 hour ago, Sylph777 said:

Ok, i can join since i have free time lately, my in game names for the 2 main characters that i would use in cmode is : takumi ( hucast ) and sylph ( hucaseal ).

Also make sure to use hunter yourself ( preferably cast but fleshies is also fine ), as ranger is inefficient in cmode ( unless dropping weapons with great special and stats but it's pretty much random and doesn't worth it on this server.. ).

Awesome, I'll message you after work today.  Hopefully we can find one more person.

My buddy is HuCast/HuCaseal.  If I specifically want S-Rank Needle, do I need to complete cmode as a ranger?  Or can I run cmode as a hucast and still get S-Rank Needle as reward?  I don't mind running hunter if that's the case.

Was thinking RaCast or RaMar(Resta maybe helpful)

Just now, cursed180 said:

My buddy is HuCast/HuCaseal.  If I specifically want S-Rank Needle, do I need to complete cmode as a ranger?  Or can I run cmode as a hucast and still get S-Rank Needle as reward? 

It doesn't matter, you'll get whatever sranks you want by playing any class.

I can help cmode as well. I can use any of the actually useful chars in cmode (hucast, hucaseal, humar, fonewearl, fonewm), though I generally play fo usually. As sylph says, rewards only depend on episode, not class (needle is ep2).

Rangers are considered very weak in cmode for several reasons, they start 3-4 levels lower than hunters do in most stages, their stats at those levels are very low in general, the level of ranger gear that drops is far below that of hunters(when tier4 sabers are dropping, there usually is still only tier2 sniper, and even then Ramarl and Racast can't even use tier4 railgun in 1c9 without arm units or magfeeding). Resta also generally isn't a thing in many stages, the fo doesn't start with it until later stages, we may not get a drop for it in earlier stages, and even then it eats up a ton of tp unnecessarily.

I'm looking forward to doing more cmode if you guys have room, it's a really fun aspect of the game.

26 minutes ago, Sylph777 said:

It doesn't matter, you'll get whatever sranks you want by playing any class.

10 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

I can help cmode as well. I can use any of the actually useful chars in cmode (hucast, hucaseal, humar, fonewearl, fonewm), though I generally play fo usually. As sylph says, rewards only depend on episode, not class (needle is ep2).

Rangers are considered very weak in cmode for several reasons, they start 3-4 levels lower than hunters do in most stages, their stats at those levels are very low in general, the level of ranger gear that drops is far below that of hunters(when tier4 sabers are dropping, there usually is still only tier2 sniper, and even then Ramarl and Racast can't even use tier4 railgun in 1c9 without arm units or magfeeding). Resta also generally isn't a thing in many stages, the fo doesn't start with it until later stages, we may not get a drop for it in earlier stages, and even then it eats up a ton of tp unnecessarily.

I'm looking forward to doing more cmode if you guys have room, it's a really fun aspect of the game.

Sounds good, I didn't realize these things earlier.  My buddy and I are flexible and can run whatever's best for the group.  We'll try to get everyone in touch after work tonight(4-5 hours at least from now)

Force seems necessary.  We should have you run one of those.  So do we optimally want to do 3x hucast/hucaseal 1x force?  Or is a different combination best for ep2?

6 minutes ago, cursed180 said:

Sounds good, I didn't realize these things earlier.  My buddy and I are flexible and can run whatever's best for the group.  We'll try to get everyone in touch after work tonight(4-5 hours at least from now)

Force seems necessary.  We should have you run one of those.  So do we optimally want to do 3x hucast/hucaseal 1x force?  Or is a different combination best for ep2?

That's a good combination. I'll be around whenever you guys need me.

7 hours ago, cursed180 said:

Looking for 2 people to grind out cmode for episode 2. Let me know and we can set up times to get this done over the next week or two!

Will probably start Ep 2, then do Ep1.  Currently have a Ranger and Hunter.

I can help if needed.

I'm also interested, I have free character slots and have no problem playing HU or FO.  I haven't touched cmode in close to a decade so I obviously may need to practice or vvatch a video.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing again but I would be super excited to get another chance to play cmode again! My main is a RAmar but I can also use my HUcast if needed. Either way my character names are both Cyanaid.