Ah the nostalgia, first time Ultima player

gileo

Hey guys,

I got super stoked after finding this place on accident. I started on DCV1, and played every version up to Schthack blue burst, but seeing new content here got me very excited. Though I feel like this is a whole new game compared to what I already know, and *maybe* trying something I hadn't tried before first may explain why I feel so weak (also maybe because I got spoiled with always having a lv 200 mag).

Couple quick questions. I know Ultimate is always the goal, but as a RAcast (again, maybe a bad first character choice) what are the better ways to farm up items? I just hit 25 and I'm used to being able to jump right into harder difficulties, but this time through definitely NOT the case. Also what are the notable quests on this server? I got very used to TTF, Military Strikes Back, and WOF2 and hoping that MSB is on this server :).

Thanks a ton!

Welcome =)

Racast is a good choice, don't worry (not that there is a bad choice so...)

We got plenty of quests, including some new quests made by the community. Now it depends on what you're planning to farm, if you want to unseal stuff, level up, etc.

TTF Ultima is nice for leveling up, as well as CCA (Central Control Area) which is not a quest but the path to Gryphon in episode 2 (need to be unlocked though).

At level 25 you're not gonna have super hype mega stuff in the wild, but you can use pretty much any weapon and it should do. What I would advise you is to get a good Mag as soon as possible, it will make all the difference. A Power Mag only is fine for normal / hard and very hard difficulty.

At low level, you can try to get the following : Frozen Shooter, Baranz Launcher from the community (if you find some photon drops, which is the game money) it makes for good starting weapon. I'd also advise a Charge Arms or something like that =)

Thanks for the tip. I'll get to work on finding some PD's to trade for the base gear, while doing regular mag feeding. I had forgotten it does take some time to get up to speed. Very spoiled with the ability to just trade out for a mag and mat plans off the bat, but it's a nice change working my way up. Right now I'm just looking for levels since I'm sure gear will drop as I get higher up there.

I would recommend exploring the different quests the server has to offer to level up.  It may  not be the fastest, but you'll get familiar with what ultima has to offer, and then you won't end up being stuck doing the same things over and over.

If you really just want to power level though, I would run TTF (even though it'll eat your soul) until around level 120-140.  Then unlock CCA and run that until 200. CCA is Central Control Area.  If you run it and YOU activate all the switches to open the gate, the gate will remain unlocked even in new games.  This means you can get to Gal Gryphon (highest exp in the game) in 5 rooms.  This will also eat your soul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chuk said:

You also might want to get a spread needle.

This.  Especially as once the event is over everyone will be trying to flog any "proof of sonic team" they've aquired.  This can be used to upgrade a fully grinded spread to arrest needle.  Excellent ranger weapon :)

I also started on DCv1 and up to scht, this server is ideal, easy to lvl fast " or not if you want 1x exp " And Still Legit.  unlike scht

i would say lvl as fast as possible to 100, and start joining cca runs for a Proof of sonic team , like Janenba said.

Plus since 5x exp "green names"  is activated you definitely want to take advantage of this.

Save up 15pds, which can be done fast here, and buy a mag - you can earn 15pd far quicker then feeding a mag to 200.   " continue feeding yours"

For gear i would say, you will find usable event gear on your journey to lvl 100 for sure, 

List of type /commands you will need first

/bank - changes between your character bank and your account wide common bank

/lobby - for jumping out of quest at the end to save you time

/dropstyle 1             -            or 0 to change the looting from shared to individual "xbox"

While in Lobby      -      /lobbyevent 18

^^^^^^^ TURN UP ^^^

Edited by CannaBeast