Drop rates and price change of the best mechguns

Sir Rendlan

Yay or Nay of the MECH GUN rights movement >.>  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be altered to something like this mathematics for our Mech Guns

6 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Lets make all classes uses DM, DF, DB, PB, PR, all armors, lets make Casts have MST points and 30 techs, make Humans and Newmans have traps and also 30 techs, this way the "problem" is solved. :)

Or leave it the way it is now. That's a response I'd expect from a certain staff member or closing this topic. It's just people's opinions or thoughts. I get why things are this way females take longer to kill so need more def. But also making females have better weapons then males would be cool to make them strong too. Either option would be cool. Really my only real issue is all classes say they can use a mech but there's plenty of mechs not all can use. Which is a dumb or irrelevant issue I know. Doing what you suggested out of frustration or whatever would just make more people use Hucast or racast which are over used classes in comparison to fomar for example. The way things are keep the game fun and interesting. Imo racast or ra in general gets the use of the best weapons in ultima and are op cause of it. My opinion or others aren't the law around here it's a thread to state opinions. My hucaseal has some good weapons but most of those weapons and ra can use too leaving a hunter exclusive items like jizai for example. Ra get an pr mm just as examples hucaseal I don't think as any great guns or any like tripler said bad ass weapons. But I find her awesome to play. Ra can use all my gold Hu weapons I have except jizai but my Hu can barely use a thing my ra has which sucks. Reducing things ra can use would be a good option like someone stated make them more gun users then Hu but less melee then they are. Ra kinda has the best selection of the game for weapons.

10 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

I think you are just jealous of the people with nice stuffs~ :cr-dancing:

Now... Can we get this topic closed?

• Like 1

Just now, O9B066 said:

Ha Yeah no one's allowed to state opinions Or thoughts.

They're allowed, but aren't people allowed to disagreed too? lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

Of coarse that's an opinion after all. 

The problem with this community isn't the "allow other people to express their opinion", it really is "You can express your opinion, BUT if your opinion is different from mine, all your thoughts are wrong."

Edited by Henry Fernandes
  • Like 4

Thats pretty much correct. But having random topics that flourish into this sort of thing may give the powers that be a idea they take and implement. I'm fine leaving the server this way. I'm fine having Hu just melee and ra not melee there's pros and cons of every idea or way. Maybe someone's idea will improve the server. Usually someone will come in and lock a topic cuz it's "out of hand" which means I have power and don't agree with you to me. The server is great the way it is to me but could be great with others ideas so hearing everyone out in a civil matter is productive. My opinions I know aren't the best but I'd like to see females get stronger weapons if it don't happen Oh well I'll continue to use my female fo female racaseal and hucaseal there still fun. If anyone don't like things they don't have to play here but everyone's opinions are nice to hear. Doesn't mean they will come to light. Everyone's wrong is just saying f it let everyone use everything cuz of frustration that's the easy way to get through conversation imo.

This thread started kind of dumb but if it turns into 77 pages and one person's opinion or argument changed something it's not a waste. There's a bunch of people on here who are smart and know the game and could spark the imagination of a developer to run with it. Without the community the server is just a server. I plan on being here awhile and welcome change. Just not dictatorship.

Edited by O9B066

Well Yan I am kind of passed arguing with you on this point. A couple months ago you were arguing hucast needs a better gun...I think you are just worried about losing your charge yas. That's fine I get that.  I forget if it was to saith or in a post but when soly mentioning redoing ultima I said I'd leave on principal. Dont go on like youve always been satisdied with how each class plays. Don't tell people discussing something in a forum to leave. That's why we have a forum, to discuss things

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

Usually someone will come in and lock a topic cuz it's "out of hand" which means I have power and don't agree with you to me.

This kind of upsets me.  Most threads are locked because things have gotten off topic and discussion has reduced to bickering (as it seems this is approaching).  Don't get me wrong, I know this kind of thing happens, but to generalize all of the reasons for locking discussions as such is kind of unfair.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lemon said:

This kind of upsets me.  Most threads are locked because things have gotten off topic and discussion has reduced to bickering (as it seems this is approaching).  Don't get me wrong, I know this kind of thing happens, but to generalize all of the reasons for locking discussions as such is kind of unfair.

This is what I hate about ultima and why I left for a bit. We cant conversate here lock the topic. A forum is to discuss things with peers were all our own people and will never agree. Why can't there be a thread to discuss things opinions etc just lock it no one's allowed to share there mind? Seriously that's a North Korean way. As longs no one threatening people who cares. Keep locking stuff and not letting people conversate that's a way to run a forum.  What's un fair is not letting people voice ideas thoughts or opinions.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Kc0AWaJ9qt6PBKy8hpAC&q=dictionary+definition+of+forum+&oq=dictionary+definition+of+forum+&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...3422.7152.0.7514.14.12.2.2.2.0.179.1462.0j11.11.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..1.12.1127...0j35i39k1j0i20k1j0i10k1j0i70k1j0i22i30k1.WMHYvI8JYlk#spf=1

And this is what's happening here what's the issue? Oh you don't agree?

Edited by O9B066

That's perfectly fine, as long as people keep discussing the thing that they were discussing.
If people stop discussing the subject of the topic, then there is no use to have it open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Rendlan said:

I've actually thought about asking this to be locked because I feel the general purpose of the discussion has been lost..

Fun fact: users can now lock their own topics

• Like 1

The game by its inherent design wants players to use a variety of weapons, so I don't agree with the notion that rangers should be 'restricted' to range and hunters 'restricted' to melee. The game does things like: have flying enemies(gee, canadines, zu), have enemies on walls(recoboxes), place enemies/bosses outside of the collision of the arena (dubswitches, de rol le, barba ray, dark falz, olga flow, SaintMilion/Shambertin/Kondrieu), enemies that react to differently to ranged/melee attacks (gorans, lizards, Mericarol/Mericus/Merikle, ill gill, lillies, etc.). If we wanted to go down that route of thinking, then forces would have to be limited from basically any useful attacking weapon too and I am very much not down with that.

As for the male/female debate, I find it pretty interesting that people make this point. It comes down to a single weapon really. With only vanilla weapons, females clearly have all the best exclusive gear (vivienne, last swan, rambling may, parasols, etc.), while males only have dress plate (which is insanely difficult and random to obtain) and master raven (and stag cutlery, but that's not really a good weapon...). Psycho Raven is the one piece of equipment that could have any argument put forth for male equips vs female equips, that is their one big claim to fame that has been added. However, in the past year Ultima has made many efforts to provide a variety of new and old gun changes to give a wider selection of options. There are way more viable options out there now than ever before, but people will complain regardless it seems. Regarding stats design, males have more atp while females have more ata. This is even more true on Ultima with the extremely good Kroe's Sweater armor. Yea, hucaseal has less atp than hucast, but she has always been considered one of the best characters statwise even at 4th highest atp, because she also gets 27 more base ata than hucast, potentially 37 more with kroes. That is not something to be taken lightly. It's easy to say she should have some 'psycho swans' without really understanding the implications and impact that would have on class identities. Should Hucaseal be as strong as Hucast in raw power? While I could give a simple one word answer (No.), it's a much more complex question to answer in detail.

If you want to see how NOT to do balancing, just go check out the thread yan posted earlier. I'm not even sure if I can even describe that project as 'rebalancing' pso, since it's closer to being a total conversion mod than anything else (and at that point, just go make your own game instead of using someone else's, or at least use a better engine than pso's for it), but the balance suggested for such a mod is simultaneously horrendous and laughable.

• Like 1

I appreciate your insight on this. Yes I've made a hucaseal cuz she gets good armor I had trouble finding something for my racast and had a bunch of female armor. Dress plate is hard to get wow I found several somewhere I have so many i forgot where they came from. 

Really one thing and only think I'd like to see is all mechs be usable by all classes not some mechs by all classes when pso world says everyone can use em but the only ones this is true for is Vulcan it seems. Be nice to use a yas for my Hu for distance demons.