So can we talk about why we have increased monster stats? Please?

1 minute ago, Auroboro said:

Stop what? Giving an (admittedly extreme example as well, although it might have just been some kind of desync or something outwardly affecting the accuracy) example of my point, as silly as it sounds. 

I don't know why you were able to give an extreme example of things but I wasn't allowed (and admittedly some pretty unnecessary ones regarding your examples of hell on Episode 2 given how susceptible to it they are, lol)

This isn't meant to be some mega super serious thread or anything, I rough drafted this entire thing but I did want to talk about monster stat boosts because regardless of the reason they kind of seem pointless to have in the game.

The "stop it is short for, "Stop making a fool of yourself, please". It's not that you gave an extreme example, it's that your example doesn't even apply to the discussion. You say it's not meant to be a serious thread, but if you going to seriously claim that you miss all attacks on the extremely low evp enemies (ones that are on par with the most basic first area ep1 enemies) while the potentially highest ata char and above average weapon as an example of what you perceive to be an ep2 issue, then you definitely won't be taken seriously. You've already devoured your foot, stop before your leg goes too.

4 hours ago, rayblasterx said:

If you've been here for over 2 years and are making posts like this, like it's such a struggle after all the time you've put in, you just suck immensely at the game despite all its hand holding that didn't exist in vanilla. dw will smite thee.

dw must not be angered or we all suffer D: now is the time to stop

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Auroboro said:

or the fact that this argument in particular was supposed to be aimed at getting consistent results with special attacks...

"Extra Attack - an attack with low accuracy but special properties."

Do you want to hit the enemy or do you want special procs. You're asking for both. Do you see the main issue now? >>

It was flawed to begin with. Back in GCN a no-hit Frozen Shooter could completely lock down ulty Tower of Power like it was on sale at a 99 cent store. Is that really what you want? I mean, really-really?
You have options here. If you wanna freeze things, you forsake power. Use an (lol)max DEX mag and multiple x/arms if you really want to CC that bad. And you should.

You can't SN glitch with melee weapons, what are you talking about? The way it works is that you start another attack before the previous attack actually lands. This is not possible with any melee weapon other than slicer, since that has a projectile. (though with C/Battle I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible with attacks like Lavis Cannon spec and DF spec)

Specifically, you can SN (or SS or HN or whatever is appropriate) with the following weapons:

- Slicer
- Handgun (max range)
- Rifle (max range)
- Mechgun (max range, only 2 shots of the previous volley will get glitched unless ghosted shots)
- Shot (max range, although this is easier with weapons like the Baranz Launcher)
- Cards

Edit: Thinking about it, I've never used Ultima's Cent/Battle so I don't know if you need max range for these. Melee SNS definitely does not work though.

Edited by Zynetic

4 hours ago, Zynetic said:

You can't SN glitch with melee weapons, what are you talking about? The way it works is that you start another attack before the previous attack actually lands. This is not possible with any melee weapon other than slicer, since that has a projectile. (though with C/Battle I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible with attacks like Lavis Cannon spec and DF spec)

Specifically, you can SN (or SS or HN or whatever is appropriate) with the following weapons:

- Slicer
- Handgun (max range)
- Rifle (max range)
- Mechgun (max range, only 2 shots of the previous volley will get glitched unless ghosted shots)
- Shot (max range, although this is easier with weapons like the Baranz Launcher)
- Cards

Edit: Thinking about it, I've never used Ultima's Cent/Battle so I don't know if you need max range for these. Melee SNS definitely does not work though.

No, it's perfectly possible to do with melee weapons. The accuracy update happens the very instant you hit the next button attack, so it is possible as soon as you start swinging the first attack even before it connects.
It doesn't even require any battle unit for many of them. It is commonly done in CMode with sabers HN glitching, it's not something specific to ultima centurion/battle. Twins, Daggers, Swords, and Partisans can also do it.
Twins/Daggers generally do it usually for the 2nd hit of the first attack, and Swords/Partisans are often quite difficult and for some reason easier to HN than SN sometimes, Sabers are relatively easy to do. Here are proof pics:

An Untekked Partisan Weapon (Sword of Ultima, 15baseATA + 40hit on maxed fonewm 190 = 245ata).
2u7m1ld.jpg

Hitting the Untekked Special Attack for Special damage (normal damage 117, normal crit 176-179, Special Damage 64)
2dj3xms.jpg

With Heavenly Battle, Spirit S-rank Twin 213 ata
2aewaqs.jpg

SN Glitching 2nd hit of first attack, clearly draining TP on hit.
fyl7wp.jpg

Wok of Akiko's Shop 0hit, 198 ata
izm936.jpg

SN Glitching 2nd hit of first attack
286ww0l.jpg

Edited by Fyrewolf5

What's SN glitching? Special->Normal sequence, probably, but is it some exploit it's expected everyone will abuse?