So can we talk about why we have increased monster stats? Please?

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

That was just a plain bad "design" of the system... I still remember when I figured out why people were on both ... pretty lame tbh.
That's why I am looking into a "dynamic monster stat change". This would fix the crack mode, but it would require so many server changes that probably would be made only in the new server.

ah well i hope you can figure it out i would love to try it out finally  and it really is a shame people were using it to dupe as it was a good way to have a harder challenge but i can understand why it had to go

@Soly what about a Quest for adding hit?

i mean as example you could add 5 hit for 33 pds / 10 hit for 66pds / 15 hit for 99 pds

and here the dts are still more worth than pds then (15 dts = 20 hit / 15 dts = 99 pds / 99pds = 15 hit)

i mean that would be cool and also would help people who dont have that money ( students or just dont want to spent money here)

have the GMs/Admin/DeVs ever thought about such a quest? :)

EDIT: such a quest would solve that drama about higher evp :P

Edited by Night

I think people are too obsessed with having stuff at 80 hit in the first place when it's really not needed, wanting to be able to land hards and specials on first attacks when it's often a bad idea anyway. Not to mention that a lot of people aren't interested in learning to do special-normal and special-normal-special combo glitching.

I've thought a lot about the mechanics changes in this game, and I think really the biggest hurdle is not actually the high dfp and evp. I think the biggest and most impacting change is really the monster speed. This increases the chances of your attacks being manually evaded ,so if your timing is off a lot you might just think you need more hit on your weapon. People just need to learn game mechanics better. People can say all they want about hit and all that being an issue but that is just a crutch, some real problems here? using divine punishment as a cast, it brings shame to our community(and yur families) and people generally not knowing the strengths of their classes. Not knowing about dmc, not knowing how to be a tech casting force in a place where forces don't do much damage. Also way too many times I've seen people jumping into ultimate when they really aren't ready, personally when I started on this server I didn't feel comfortable in ultimate until around mid-120s. 

As far as nerfing everything to make monsters stronger? I mean, maybe if you made your own new server? personally that's the kind of stuff I quit games over, and I would permanently lose all trust in this server to not fuck with how the game plays. Now I love the idea of you breaking the hp limits in your new server because I think to have the option to buff some bosses to make them truly difficult for events but I think doing a complete change of this server, what like 9 years in? is crazy, this server has been really successful, and I am not saying this is what WOULD happen but it turning into ghost town COULD happen pretty quickly. Not to mention a lot of this could be fixed with quest developement, which we have some really cool people working on lately.

• Like 3

Yeah, I am aware of that. That's why I put it under my opinion, it would be hard to do something like that without pissing off a lot of people, maybe some day I can fix that HP 

1 hour ago, Night said:

what about a Quest for adding hit?

i mean as example you could add 5 hit for 33 pds / 10 hit for 66pds / 15 hit for 99 pds

and here the dts are still more worth than pds then (15 dts = 20 hit / 15 dts = 99 pds / 99pds = 15 hit)

That's not a good idea, a quest allowed to give any weapon with any stats... 

I like the new changes as ultimate actually feels like ultimate now. The problem is actually players that think they know how the game works because they have played for a long time.  Every zone should not be a walk in the park.

There are certain things players need to know to make their journey in ultimate as smooth as possible. Things like equipping smartlink on a HU or battle FO that use ranged weapons. Can't stress how important that is above maxing out your ata. FO using techs to stunlock enemies rather than to do the highest dps option. The biggest I see is shifta deband jellen and zalure not being used, casts not using traps, rangers not using spread / arrest needle and wondering why they get rekd.

I used to play on schtserv also and I don't see your argument about snow queen on ill gills. That has always been a bad idea. The reason being is because they move around so much they manually evade. Frozen shooter was always the better option since your first shot was to stun the ill gill and the second to freeze it. Snow queen is better used in instances where you have gee spawn infront of mericarol & Co and the gee acts like a personal shield taking all of the frozen shooter bullets. 

• Like 5

@Fyrewolf5

As a new player who doesn't recognise anything I can't say this for sure, but is it possible the reason that you're able to do that is because you're using a max level character with (presumably) maxed stats and other equipment? (Or did you remove all hit-boosting stuff?)

• Like 1

Considering that most stuff cannot hit Deldepths well even with vanilla stats (unless they are frozen), Fyrewolf's example is also not great because Slicers can use the "SNS glitch" which allows you to get a special attack with the accuracy of a normal attack. "SSN" is a similar one for where even a second normal attack will not work.

There's also a massive difference between "it can connect" and "it rarely connects". Just because something can hit doesn't mean it's fair.

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 5

You don't need 80 hit to hit stuff. Most my stuff is 35-50 hit and I don't have an issue Yeah hell special doesn't work so great but non the less you don't need it. Yeah 80 hit looks nice when selling an item but really as triple r said it's a waste. 

Monsters are buffed but so is exp and stats and ultima has some op weapons to make up for that. Be nice to see mags get stronger tho. It's harder here then other servers but the gear here is stronger also. If you want vanilla pso there's vanilla servers with vanilla gear. But this is what makes ultima good. My only complaint about ultima has nothing to do with this stuff as its what sets it apart and is just my opinion. I see more people complaining about this server then thanking the GM or developers for their hard work and time for free.

I mean, I guess maybe I'm not 100% neutral on it by my post, more like maybe, 90% or so.

I mean I honestly see it more as a like.. well, not really a donation thing and more as a scenario aspect (I also am looking at this from the viewpoint of low ata hunters specifically too, but some times from a force or a ranger as well).

The way that things happen for me is that when I get a new super awesome weapon and then ask myself "Am I going to need to put 80 hit on this?"... if the answer is yes to just get consistent results, then that might be problem?

I don't know. I feel like if the people were honestly really concerned about having a hard game experience they'd just ask you to throw up crack mode @Soly and then go play that instead of insisting things be harder for everybody.

Also, I said this was a rough draft in the OP, so if there are problems with it grammatically, please don't throw a spear at me over it lol.

I also don't think I mentioned SNS glitches (which I meant to but forgot) or the fact that this argument in particular was supposed to be aimed at getting consistent results with special attacks... and some times even normal attacks (I know normal attacks aren't affected by hit values but the EVP buff does make it harder to hit normal attacks with lower ata classes). Oh yeah, Zynetic mentioned specifically that it was more about "it rarely connects" and that's more my point. I don't feel like I should be forced into getting 80 hit on everything (and there are more ways of getting 80 hit on things than donating) that I own just to get consistent and fair results on most enemies.

Like, I'm going to give a more outlandish example of this; I was fighting Barba Ray with my RAmarl and I have a 35 hit Hundred Souls on her. When Barba Ray jumped on the ship to make itself vulnerable, with maximum ATA on RAmarl and a 35 hit HS, I used a NSS combo and both of the specials at the end missed. That's Spirit special, by the way. Max ATA, 35 hit, on a boss from the first area, both specials at the end missed. That would happen consistently. It'd be rare that I'd ever get to see a NSS combo hit all three hits. Even a NHS combo, the S at the end would miss. That seems a little screwy if you ask me and I know it isn't my character stats because they're maxed out. It's either the EVP stats of the boss or the hit value of my weapon... or both (and I think I know which one it is personally)...

TL;DR (I guess) is that for almost all weapons in my experience, there's a big difference between getting consistent results and getting results at all. To get consistent results, you need a lot of hit, more than I would think necessary... unless I'm just really bad and missing everything on easy targets (which isn't out of the question lol).

Without the intention of being rude, i don't get the logic of this topic and don't know why do you even loose your energy doing this.

Ok, i think nobody likes that weapons have to be hit dependent (at least i don't), or have the obligation to donate or get dts to increase hit (which isnt an obligation at all, you can still hunt almost if not all items with hit, but ofc, sometimes you win sometimes you don't).

I've been around sometime and never donated and i think i have pretty good gear that makes the game more or less easy tbh. My gear is far away of optimal or maxed and the only weapon i use maxed is a hundred souls which isn't even mine. I get, sometimes is frustraiting failing hits against those hateable apes on ep 2, but that doesn't make the game unplayable. The 100 souls i use with 80 hit, fails alot against the apes while using the special in fomarl (because fomarls are legally blind), but you can always use rabarta, freeze them and hit them pretty well. This logic applies when using any weapon in the game. I was planning maxing the hit on a lincray i got with 30 hit, but soon i tried it out with smartlink, works pretty good to my standards and now i think its a waste of dts maxing it (unless your minimum standards are hitting falz with SSS using lindcray with fomarl, but you can also SNS glitch on falz with a lower hit lind and works well).

What i'm saying is that, for example with my rangers, i can basicly solo hunt almost everything with gear with 30-50 hit, without depending on other ppl. Even a asteron striker with 30 hit + v502 works pretty well in ep 2. Even a iron faust with none or low hit works pretty well.

To finish this might be really unpopular, but i think would be interesting an overall rangers nerf, cause rangers are lulz and in my opinion, they make this game kinda easy. I think nobody finds funny killing falz in seconds with a racast or even a ramar using a charge yas9k with some dark % with S/D zalure. Or i think nobody finds funny a ranger killing the mobs fast as hell just spamming a sphered DM.

But thats just my opinion, worths what it worths :) i find the game really enjoyable as it is. And was a challenge to get better over the time and finding good gear to be decently strong. And lets be honest, the game would be boring if had a way that you could hit 100% of the time in all monsters with HHH or SSS with missing a single once. That would kill all the knowledge and strategy you need to play this game.

If you've been here for over 2 years and are making posts like this, like it's such a struggle after all the time you've put in, you just suck immensely at the game despite all its hand holding that didn't exist in vanilla. dw will smite thee.

• Like 1

Normal attacks are affected by hit %, why wouldn't it be? All three attacks work off the same formula, but normal is 1.0 ATA, hard is 0.7 ATA and special is 0.5 ATA. (1.0/1.3/1.69 for the 1/2/3 combo as well)

Personally though, I just see Ultima as its own thing, and just play elsewhere for a more balanced/vanilla-like experience.

PS: I would personally not recommend making techs do decent damage on Episode 2 enemies at all. I think it is far more interesting that a different approach towards enemies has to be taken as FO, instead of just being able to brain-dead nuke like the other 2 episodes.

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 2

My pics were meant to show an extreme example. Yes I did use a slicer, but nearly every weapon type can have sn glitching, even many melee ones like doublesaber, saber, partisan, dagger, etc. I've also used Hell weapons that only have 50ata total on them (base ata and hit combined) and wrecked through seabed too without doing any of those kind of combos too.
The point is that the argument that you need 80hit in ep2 is complete hogwash. 40-50hit weapons will work fine, the ONLY reason people will do more is because they can, not because they need to.

3 hours ago, Auroboro said:

Like, I'm going to give a more outlandish example of this; I was fighting Barba Ray with my RAmarl and I have a 35 hit Hundred Souls on her. When Barba Ray jumped on the ship to make itself vulnerable, with maximum ATA on RAmarl and a 35 hit HS, I used a NSS combo and both of the specials at the end missed. That's Spirit special, by the way. Max ATA, 35 hit, on a boss from the first area, both specials at the end missed. That would happen consistently. It'd be rare that I'd ever get to see a NSS combo hit all three hits. Even a NHS combo, the S at the end would miss. That seems a little screwy if you ask me and I know it isn't my character stats because they're maxed out. It's either the EVP stats of the boss or the hit value of my weapon... or both (and I think I know which one it is personally)...

TL;DR (I guess) is that for almost all weapons in my experience, there's a big difference between getting consistent results and getting results at all. To get consistent results, you need a lot of hit, more than I would think necessary... unless I'm just really bad and missing everything on easy targets (which isn't out of the question lol).

Just stop it Auroboro.
You have over 100% chance to hit barba ray with a 100souls 35hit with the last two attacks of a combo if you have a red ring on (NSS = 236%, 111%, 181%, without RR it's 216%, 98%, 164%). Barba Ray has about as much evp as a Booma does. The only thing that's been consistent is that you've been saying blatantly, verifiably untrue things. I didn't want to post my point for point refutation before because it seemed too harsh to deconstruct that many flaws, fallacies, and failures at once. It's easy to mistakenly confuse other factors as being an ata issue when it's not. You may have been joking with it, but you should seriously consider your final statement.

25 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

My pics were meant to show an extreme example. Yes I did use a slicer, but nearly every weapon type can have sn glitching, even many melee ones like doublesaber, saber, partisan, dagger, etc. I've also used Hell weapons that only have 50ata total on them (base ata and hit combined) and wrecked through seabed too without doing any of those kind of combos too.
The point is that the argument that you need 80hit in ep2 is complete hogwash. 40-50hit weapons will work fine, the ONLY reason people will do more is because they can, not because they need to.

Just stop it Auroboro.
You have over 100% chance to hit barba ray with a 100souls 35hit with the last two attacks of a combo if you have a red ring on (NSS = 236%, 111%, 181%, without RR it's 216%, 98%, 164%). Barba Ray has about as much evp as a Booma does. The only thing that's been consistent is that you've been saying blatantly, verifiably untrue things. I didn't want to post my point for point refutation before because it seemed too harsh to deconstruct that many flaws, fallacies, and failures at once. It's easy to mistakenly confuse other factors as being an ata issue when it's not. You may have been joking with it, but you should seriously consider your final statement.

Stop what? Giving an (admittedly extreme example as well, although it might have just been some kind of desync or something outwardly affecting the accuracy) example of my point, as silly as it sounds. 

I don't know why you were able to give an extreme example of things but I wasn't allowed (and admittedly some pretty unnecessary ones regarding your examples of hell on Episode 2 given how susceptible to it they are, lol)

This isn't meant to be some mega super serious thread or anything, I rough drafted this entire thing but I did want to talk about monster stat boosts because regardless of the reason they kind of seem pointless to have in the game.