What's a New Player to do?

3 hours ago, cloor said:

you must press alt + backspace for a neat trick whenever you about to fight a boss ^^

this is not verry nice to a new player i really dont understand why people are like this like comon do you like it to be treat like this i rather see this as a smal kid behavior.

@Uxie first of al welcome and dont do what this person said if you do this it will log you out the game i hope you have a great time here :D

• Like 2

Typing /map like you want to say it will toggle a larger minimap.  The hotkeys only work on certain systems (windows 10 i think).  Theres a whole list of server commands you can use like this.  But I'm on my phone and cant link them.

also, before you do it alt+backspace will quit your game.

edit: alt+u or alt+i will let you sit in a chair in lobby.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

Heh, I thought it might do something like that. Guess it's a good thing I forgot about it before I went in to face the first Forest boss. (Dragon thingy.) =P
Thank you for the map command, as well.

Dodging enemy attacks is pretty huge thing to learn if you're playing hunter. You open either the quick menu or the quick chat menu and it will allow you to move at normal speed around enemies

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thelionorion said:

Dodging enemy attacks is pretty huge thing to learn if you're playing hunter. You open either the quick menu or the quick chat menu and it will allow you to move at normal speed around enemies

That is so very obtuse. XD

You can die during the dragon's death animation, either by running into a lava pit or having the dragon fall on you.

Raising your MAG is important. Different MAGs grow differently even when fed the same items. You want to decide which stats will complement your character, then feed it the appropriate items. For example, Hunters and Rangers usually want more POW than anything else, but also a little DEX. I refer to these feeding charts often:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/mag.pdf

If you want to get really technical, you can learn how to control every last detail of your MAG - its Photon Blasts, appearance, bonuses, and so on. There's a lot of guides here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Mags&secver=1

Don't worry if your first MAG isn't perfect. You can find new MAGs in the Mines.

• Like 1

@MemeDream Ah, that would be it. It fell on me. That's dumb. Really dumb. Oh well.

Hm, MAGs seem to be really important. I suppose it's be a good idea reading up on them more carefully, wouldn't it? =P

3 minutes ago, Uxie said:

@Auroboro

DF?

Damage... Something?

No, DF is a weapon in the game. Dark Flow. It has a special attack that destroys enemies but to use it you have to always be at very low health, basically one hit kill health pools at all times.

Learning how to properly move around the maps and use DF will make you a mechanically and technically skilled player, even if you don't have DF; to be fair, this game is very mechanically and technically complex when you get down to it. Learning how to use DF's special is a very big bonus and will definitely help you out in the long run.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 2

Ah, I see. How would you suggest going about that? Try to avoid as many attacks as I can?

Rather, is there a process to learn faster than organically trying to figure out how best to position?

@Uxie Or you can just "learn how to berzerk", which is even more challenging than DF because you'll have less HP at some point (unless you got a force to perma-heal you) and will not instant kill most foes.

Also Berzerk and DF go very well together =)

But at least Berzerk is affordable for any new players, while DF is not even for 1-2 years old players

1 minute ago, Uxie said:

Ah, I see. How would you suggest going about that? Try to avoid as many attacks as I can?

Rather, is there a process to learn faster than organically trying to figure out how best to position?

It's all about enemy attack patterns, enemy movements, learning spawn positions, what enemies are in each spawn, etc. You don't have to learn it all immediately... the knowledge just naturally comes to you as you play the game but make sure to keep an eye out for it.

One thing I will say is learning animation manipulation is a really good way to get free attacks into enemies while being solo that you normally couldn't get hits on before. But that's a discussing for another time :]

@Misombre

That sounds incredibly expensive.

@Auroboro

I mean, I've been treating the melee combat portion of the game roughly like dark souls thus far, though admittedly I haven't yet had a reason to actually be cautious given my highest level character is an 11 HUcaseal. 

@Uxie It is, so don't bother for now =)

Also, just let the time to time and enjoy the game. Death and Repetition will be your two greatest teachers, until you learn some tricks here and there from players.