What's a New Player to do?

So, how is Melee combat supposed to actually work, anyway? I'm fighting some Evil Shark thingies, and I'm being hit mid-fast-combo by the one I'm attacking.

Rather, it seems that with Melee it's impossible to properly avoid taking hits because hitstun doesn't last long enough and you're rooted in place for eight thousand years after attacking. Enemies will occasionally decide to remember that they have an attack, and hit you while you're completely incapable of response. 

Do a double combo instead of finishing a 3hit combo. You'll deal less damage but you will have a bigger dodge window. 

@chuk

They still counter-attack faaaar faster than I can move out of the way. However, I seem to be able to avoid getting hit by standing back at the max range of the weapon. Though, that being the case, it's hard to justify melee-ing at the moment over just using the pistol I have, even as a hunter. =P

Depending on the difficulty you are in the monsters will attack faster and faster. Perhaps try to buy a 'heavenly/battle' unit from somebody (should barely even cost you a PD). That will increase your attack speed and allow you to dodge more easily.

@chuk

Normal difficulty. Only just started. Character is level sixteen. =P

However, it's feeling a lot better after finding a new weapon that lets me fast-strong to kill the things. However, that feels like a band-aid, and I need to work on the fighting overall.

I'll look into buying one of those things then, if they're useful. I had a PD drop earlier, so I should be able to afford one. 

Once you get used to those, you won't want to play without them. Also make sure you have a frame that has 4 unit slots, so you can buff your character with strong units. I'm sure you can get a nice deal for a few heavenly/powers as they are easily farmable for high level players. 

@chuk

Defense, DPS, QoL and Mobility all in one. I can imagine. =P

I'm not sure I'd even be able to find one with four slots yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it. 

@Uxie

They sometimes appear in the armor shop on pioneer2. Each time you enter pioneer2 he sells you different gear. Some players telepipe back and forth to look for a good 4 slot frame. Which frame it is does not matter much at lower levels. 

@chuk

I might do that, but I might try and just stick the ATKspeed increaser without going for the power boost as well. Since it's my first time going through, I sort of want to do it 'naturally' rather than cheesing it with bought epic gear from higher level players. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sabrina said:

this is not verry nice to a new player i really dont understand why people are like this like comon do you like it to be treat like this i rather see this as a smal kid behavior.

#Yolo, if u can't take a joke you "clairely" don't belong on the internet and for the record I'm only eleventeen :D

Edited by cloor
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, cloor said:

#Yolo, if u can't take a joke you "clairely" don't belong on the internet and for the record I'm only eleventeen :D

How immature...  I get so mad when I see people do that.

Anyone who thinks it's okay to do this should be banned. so

5 minutes ago, MadOrNah said:

How immature...  I get so mad when I see people do that.

Anyone who thinks it's okay to do this should be banned. so

Idc lol

• Dislike 1