Let's Take a moment to admire the PSO Soundtrack

I really love how the whole CCA/Tower .ogg is done. There's like 10 different ways it can go into the Battle part of the ogg, and then like 10 different ways it can go back into the Regular part. Plus well, the drum & bass gets my hyped, lol. It's probably my favorite ogg in the game besides the ogg that plays after you beat Shamby.

• Like 3

Many of these are not from dreamcast since they are ep2, but I'm a big fan of these:

IDOLA Have the Immortal Feather (olga 1)

IDOLA Have the Divine Blade (olga 2)

Revolution to the Origin (Ruins, both exploring/fighting themes are great)

A Longing to Ancient Times (Temple, specifically the fighting theme)

Tricktrack (Spaceship Fighting theme; this is a remix of phantasy star 1 tower music)

Growl, from the Digital Haze (Gol Dragon theme, highly underrated, it's an amazing composition)

Abysmal Ball -Banquet- (Seabed Fighting, another technically impressive theme)

The Whole New World (gamecube opening theme, great music to set up the adventure, it this doesn't hit the nostalgia button idk what would)

And finally last but not least, one of the most gorgeous songs that rarely is heard

Rose Confession (Red Ring Rico's Theme, only when visiting her ghost)

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Many of these are not from dreamcast since they are ep2, but I'm a big fan of these:

IDOLA Have the Immortal Feather (olga 1)

Reveal hidden contents

IDOLA have the Divine Blade (olga 2)

Reveal hidden contents

Revolution to the Origin (Ruins, both exploring/fighting themes are great)

Hide contents

A Longing to Ancient Times (Temple, specifically the fighting theme)

Hide contents

Tricktrack (Spaceship Fighting theme; this is a remix of phantasy star 1 tower music)

Hide contents

Growl, from the Digital Haze (Gol Dragon theme, highly underrated, it's an amazing composition)

Hide contents

Abysmal Ball -Banquet- (Seabed Fighting, another technically impressive theme)

Hide contents

The Whole New World (gamecube opening theme, great music to set up the adventure, it this doesn't hit the nostalgia button idk what would)

Hide contents

And finally last but not least, one of the most gorgeous songs that rarely is heard

Rose Confession (Red Ring Rico's Theme, only when visiting her ghost)

Hide contents

Lol too fast, I'm deleting my post ...

Was going to mention exactly the same ones but Idola2... (even Rose Confession was in my mind)

Only one I'd add to the list is Mine's battle theme.

Spoiler

I never mute PSO when I play those levels.

Edited by R-78

Both Olga's Idolas are great, Easily my favourite soundtracks of the game. They really give you the menacing atmosphere while fighting Olga.

The falz Idola i'm tired as hell, maybe because of the all hours i spent to find a RR without success ahah. I also like jungle/CCA, seabed, ruins and spaceship themes.

Also Shamb Idola is pretty good:

31 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

I really love how the whole CCA/Tower .ogg is done. There's like 10 different ways it can go into the Battle part of the ogg, and then like 10 different ways it can go back into the Regular part. Plus well, the drum & bass gets my hyped, lol. It's probably my favorite ogg in the game besides the ogg that plays after you beat Shamby.

All the areas are set up like this, and 10 is an understatement. PSO has one of the most interesting dynamic music setups for a game. All the songs are broken into small segments (most are 6 seconds, crater interior is 8, forest/caves/dfarena/cca are 5, mines is 4) and they can transition from exploring to fighting at any of those intervals. Taking CCA as an example it has

• 1-7: exploring -> fighting
  • 8-36: exploring
  • 37-65: fighting
  • 66-72: fighting -> exploring

So therefore there are 29 places it could transition from exploring to fighting, and 29 for fighting to exploring using a ~30-35second transition. This is also why making music replacement packs with dynamic music for pso is a huge pain, so most of the music replacements that are done are single stream oggs which will not have any dynamic changing.

• Like 4