New and super-casual! (For now)

Lister

Hey everybody! 

Just started a few weeks ago, not even level 20 yet with all the school i have (last session of college, super busy and no life woo~)

Anyway, it's my first PSOBB experience as well as being my first online experience ever in PSO. I used to play the gamecube version 1 & 2, max level i got is what... 145-150? Before i got a corrupted file haha. Ahh old consoles. 

I usually play force human male but heard techs arent too good on this server so i dont know if i should reconsider. I'm also aware i'll have quite the learning curve to go through as my previous experiences were me finding my gear but now being in a server, the comunity innevitably leads to "maxed" gear and hyper performance. I'll have to see in due time. 

Anyway, i hope to have fun in the game, bring back the nostalgia and feels of this great game, 

i'll see you all in game eventually. 

Lister Riot

• Like 1

hey ultima do every body have maxed gear here...most of the vet quit playing until main event start...if have the drive ultima is here for u...the community will help out ...right now there 5x exp  on NOW... u create a starter ...LVL UP LIKE MAD....i got alot 27-29 tech u can have it u want....WOW THIS IS LIKE A COMMERCIAL ...IM KILLSWITCH REPORTING...WELCOME TO ULTIMA...

• Like 2

Welcome to ultima. My usual advice is, don't rush to level 200 or the so-called 'top gear'. Experimenting and learning the game nice and slow will make you a better player in the long run.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chuk said:

Welcome to ultima. My usual advice is, don't rush to level 200 or the so-called 'top gear'. Experimenting and learning the game nice and slow will make you a better player in the long run.

This is really very true.  Big guns don't help if you can't aim.

Hello there Lister.

I wouldn't say it's that "techs suck on this server" so much as "enemies have more appropriate resists that mean playing something other than a FO isn't a mistake."
You can still put out the damage you need/want to as a FO, but you need to go a little further. FO doesn't care about affinity percents. Instead you need things like Merges, Hildebear/Hildeblue Cane, Psycho Wand, etc. Things that give you Tech DMG Boost% because that's how you actually deal dmg.

Your alternative here, and what I'm doing, is to find a WEAPON you can wield on a FO of your choice. My FOnewearl is pretty happy with her Angel Harp and a POW mag with a few God/Arms. Only for certain things, mind you. Gran Sorcs in ULT mode for example, have such absurdly high ele resist that my Angel Harp popping off 200-300 damage per heavy shot is THREE TIMES stronger than spamming Foie, even with a club of laconium and a foie merge.

On 02/04/2017 at 4:31 PM, Ki Fung Chan said:

Welcome to Ultima ;D enjoy your stay, if you need help look for me, Bluefull or Qasm

Thank you for the kind offer :)

On 02/04/2017 at 4:50 PM, Lemon said:

Welcome to the server!  Just ask if you ever have any questions.

Thanks for that, I won't be shy when i have questions and will probably be on much more when I finish school :3

On 02/04/2017 at 8:04 PM, killswitch said:

hey ultima do every body have maxed gear here...most of the vet quit playing until main event start...if have the drive ultima is here for u...the community will help out ...right now there 5x exp  on NOW... u create a starter ...LVL UP LIKE MAD....i got alot 27-29 tech u can have it u want....WOW THIS IS LIKE A COMMERCIAL ...IM KILLSWITCH REPORTING...WELCOME TO ULTIMA...

I might take the offer on that tech, It's always nice to have the option available when you meet the pre-requisits. Of course, for the time being I'm super-busy but I'll contact you later on :)

On 04/04/2017 at 5:17 AM, chuk said:

Thanks for the welcome, I'm planning on taking it slow and to my rythm. I doubt I'll become super hardcore, I usually play as a casual gamer. I do enjoy taking my time in games when I can play alone as well. I'm glad to see some in the comunity promote this behaviour :)

19 hours ago, DiosGX said:

I wouldn't say it's that "techs suck on this server" so much as "enemies have more appropriate resists that mean playing something other than a FO isn't a mistake."
You can still put out the damage you need/want to as a FO, but you need to go a little further. FO doesn't care about affinity percents. Instead you need things like Merges, Hildebear/Hildeblue Cane, Psycho Wand, etc. Things that give you Tech DMG Boost% because that's how you actually deal dmg.

Your alternative here, and what I'm doing, is to find a WEAPON you can wield on a FO of your choice. My FOnewearl is pretty happy with her Angel Harp and a POW mag with a few God/Arms. Only for certain things, mind you. Gran Sorcs in ULT mode for example, have such absurdly high ele resist that my Angel Harp popping off 200-300 damage per heavy shot is THREE TIMES stronger than spamming Foie, even with a club of laconium and a foie merge.

This is certainly the best news I got. I remember playing on the GC and just running around as a FO without a weapon (because I have the imaginary impression that you cast faster without a weapon lol) and just wreck everything with techs. If i now need an arsenal of weapons to manage my tech damage I'm more than happy to oblige!

And seeing that i might need to rely to physical damage to beat some of the ennemies, I am also more than happy to oblige. A grand sorcerer with high ele resistance is, imo, completely normal and I'll beat him up with a club if i need to. 

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to joining the comunity.

Cheers

• Like 1