• Ep2 Spaceship
    • Ep2 CCA
    • Ep2 CCA Areas
    • Ep2 Seabed
    • Ep2 Tower
    • Ep4 Routes
    • Ep4 Crater
    • Ep4 Subterrainian

What area(s) should I make a new quest in?  If you have cool ideas for mechanics, feel free to post those too.

Edited by Lemon

I would suggest a run similar to ep2 ma4c, except switch seabed and tower and add bosses, so CCA>Gal> Tower> seabed> Olga. Tower should be set up to have less use of railings as cover and seabed needs lots of hallway fighting(del biter+morphos combo in a hallway is especially nasty)

4 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

We have Ultima TTF so what about Ultima RT? eww

I am not saying an Ultima TTF style RT should be a thing, but honestly to have a all boss run for ep2 that didn't suck would be really good. All areas, then the option to split 3 ways to open the big CCA door before gal. What is possible in a quest like that for ep2 is far from what was actually done. Take for example ma2v2 where you split up then meet back together for the opening of the CCA door, except make it so clearing each stage and pressing the buttons is what gets it open. I'd really like to see a quest like that.

Make a quest called "Lost RRR's Bird" where you fight lots and lots of Zu in Ep4. The quest giver would not be Hopkins but a HUcaseal modeled after the one RRR uses.

Not sure why Seabed got the most votes while Lemon made TTT already.

There are already many Sega quests in episode I, but they are just too easy.

I had some cool ideas for quests in Temple, CCA areas (all but the CCA itself), Seabed (won't do anything as we have TTT though), and Spaceship (where I am working at the moment) but will probably not finish any for a long time since I don't have a lot of time to spend on Qedit.

So I voted (considering that you are planning to make a spammy quest like the ones we made already)

- Forest : cool area for beginners to solo and grind easily

- Caves : same, and good items to hunt as well ... most quests we have there are only a part of a succession of stages

- Tower : most of experienced players love this area and it has interesting enemies, so won't be bad to make one even though there are LHB, ROCT, WE ...

- All Craters and Desert : lot of stuff to hunt there, and interesting areas to play in, but not that many quests to do in my opinion.

I am definitely against editing already existing quests (like TTFU) but it's only me. (although a "POD Ultima" sounds like a great idea when lots of people used to force themselves to farm it for the Shambertin only since the quest itself is boring)

Edited by R-78

I would like a episode 4 quest in crater where you fight thousands of boota. And at the end of the quest, you got a room with 80 Dorphons and 400 Astarks spawning simultaneously. Those numbers are only indicative, if it doesn't crash like that, please feel free to raise the numbers (so that it does of course).

Daylight Scar & Lame d'Argent for all ! *o* (and also crash)

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Not sure why Seabed got the most votes while Lemon made TTT already.

My thoughts exactly.  There are still things in that quest that people haven't found.

3 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Rising Tower idea: A quest that starts on Beach then go to Jungle, then Mountain, then CCA and finally Tower with 10 Floors. Then put really insane spawns on end of each area. Each area have unique enemies so that could be an interesting quest. I'm pretty sure I never saw a quest following the story progress on game.

All of these areas have the same enemies.  The only differences are between tower and CCA areas, and those really aren't that different.

4 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

I also would like to see something on VR Spaceship Epi II, Maybe a quest with Hundreds of Baranz in a single room, then traps to activate Confusion Traps and just see them exploding themselves... Or rooms with lots of Gran Sorcerers (Spaceship Beta)... there are many thing that can be done on Epi II, lots of specials effects that we can see on Maximum Attack 2 ver 2, Seat of the Heart also have amazing effects...

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Spaceship (where I am working at the moment)

Good to know.  I'll leave this in R-78's capable hands.

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

considering that you are planning to make a spammy quest like the ones we made already

>.< I'm trying to move away from this.

4 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

We have Ultima TTF so what about Ultima RT? eww

Sitting in my dropped projects folder.

3 hours ago, El Socko said:

Make a quest called "Lost RRR's Bird" where you fight lots and lots of Zu in Ep4. The quest giver would not be Hopkins but a HUcaseal modeled after the one RRR uses.

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

I would like a episode 4 quest in crater where you fight thousands of boota. And at the end of the quest, you got a room with 80 Dorphons and 400 Astarks spawning simultaneously. Those numbers are only indicative, if it doesn't crash like that, please feel free to raise the numbers (so that it does of course).

Daylight Scar & Lame d'Argent for all ! *o* (and also crash)

no.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a quest where extra enemies spawn when you try to run back to the doorway? I think it'd be funny to be running away from a bunch of Bootas or something, then have a swarm of Rappies fall right in front of you. I'm not exactly sure how the programming works, but maybe these extra enemies couldn't be triggered until 10 or 20 seconds after the room had been stepped in, to give the players a chance to avoid the wave of enemies. These extra enemies wouldn't be necessary to open the next door.

1 hour ago, MemeDream said:

How about a quest where extra enemies spawn when you try to run back to the doorway? I think it'd be funny to be running away from a bunch of Bootas or something, then have a swarm of Rappies fall right in front of you. I'm not exactly sure how the programming works, but maybe these extra enemies couldn't be triggered until 10 or 20 seconds after the room had been stepped in, to give the players a chance to avoid the wave of enemies. These extra enemies wouldn't be necessary to open the next door.

I had that in the original version of PPP, but everyone kept running backwards to clear them.  I might do something like that though later, thanks for the idea.

I don't have suggestions for any mechanics per se for a quest but I do have a suggestion for spawn-in patterns and methods.

Personally speaking as a career Ranger and Force lover, there's nothing that gets my blood hot like hitting thousands of enemies at a time. I really love that Forest Offensive quest because there are literally so many Mothverts that even the likes of Razonde can't hit all of them in a single cast. I had no idea that was even possible to reach a max hit-count per action in this game.

To that end, all I really request is lots of heavy enemy clustering. The type of spawn-ins where a well-timed confusion trap can cause more damage than one tossed in after the fact, where you better Rabarta those guys as soon as you can before this gets out of control. THAT type of enemy wave spawn really gets me interested and excited for custom quests.

47 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

I don't have suggestions for any mechanics per se for a quest but I do have a suggestion for spawn-in patterns and methods.

Personally speaking as a career Ranger and Force lover, there's nothing that gets my blood hot like hitting thousands of enemies at a time. I really love that Forest Offensive quest because there are literally so many Mothverts that even the likes of Razonde can't hit all of them in a single cast. I had no idea that was even possible to reach a max hit-count per action in this game.

To that end, all I really request is lots of heavy enemy clustering. The type of spawn-ins where a well-timed confusion trap can cause more damage than one tossed in after the fact, where you better Rabarta those guys as soon as you can before this gets out of control. THAT type of enemy wave spawn really gets me interested and excited for custom quests.

We have a lot of these already. Try any of these custom quests:

1. Max Attack S (ep1 or ep2)
  2. Harmony of Despair I or II
  3. Brutal Baranz Blight
  4. Wrath of Forest
  5. Path to Salvation
  6. The Tentacular Truth (it's not as prevalent here, but there are some rooms)
  7. Towards The Future Ultima Version

(I probably missed some too)