Xbox 360 Controller's Problem

Utopia

Hey Guys !

I'm new, and i want to play with my 360 Controller, but, impossible to play with it ...

I'm on W10. Have download a Driver, but doesn't work. Trying since 2 days to find a issue but nothing ..

Someone can help me ?

Cheers ;)

(Sry if my english is bad, i'm French)

you plugged in the controller and let windows detect drivers ? once you do that start the game and see if PSO detects the controller in the settings

i have 360 standard controller and it works i bought a new controller the other week similar to the 360 newer but it dose not detect 

Edited by acidman

try changing the port. if not, go to control panel, then task manager. locater the xbox360 peripherial driver and delete it and re install it over again. if this doesn't work.
delete the driver,
in CMD type shutdown.exe /r /o
this will open a menu in a minute. go to advance settings
boot option
then hit #7
after re boot, try to install your driver again.
if this doesn't work, gimmie a reply.

10 hours ago, acidman said:

you plugged in the controller and let windows detect drivers ? once you do that start the game and see if PSO detects the controller in the settings

Yes, windows detect it and install Drivers, but .. I can't verify if PSO detect controller, haven't this in Settings.

9 hours ago, LagOwned said:

try changing the port. if not, go to control panel, then task manager. locater the xbox360 peripherial driver and delete it and re install it over again. if this doesn't work.
delete the driver,
in CMD type shutdown.exe /r /o
this will open a menu in a minute. go to advance settings
boot option
then hit #7
after re boot, try to install your driver again.
if this doesn't work, gimmie a reply.

I did all what you said, but nothing work ...

For info, when i launch PSO, on Start Menu, i can push "A" touch on controller to access the main menu (where you can connect to game, leave etc ...) and "X" for back, that's all what can i do ...

On loading screen, with Star you can move, i can move it, but in game, nothing ...

Edited by Utopia

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

For info, when i launch PSO, on Start Menu, i can push "A" touch on controller to access the main menu (where you can connect to game, leave etc ...) and "X" for back, that's all what can i do ...

On loading screen, with Star you can move, i can move it, but in game, nothing ...

If it's detecting input at the start then maybe you have to reset the buttons.  In game go to options>pad button config>custom

14 hours ago, Utopia said:

Hey Guys !

I'm new, and i want to play with my 360 Controller, but, impossible to play with it ...

I'm on W10. Have download a Driver, but doesn't work. Trying since 2 days to find a issue but nothing ..

Someone can help me ?

Cheers ;)

(Sry if my english is bad, i'm French)

Press F11 when u r in the lobby

2 hours ago, Utopia said:

Thx for your answers ;)

I don't know why, but, i was just trying an one last time, to play with controler without modif, and ... It works .. --'

Well, sounds great ^^

So its working with a different controller now? if my steps didn't work, then I guess it's not a Driver issue.
when I first started using my controller on PSOBB I had to constantly set up my controls by keyboard first. noticed some options like, using my mouse, would be turned off. someone here said press f11. I'm not sure what that does maybe its a toggle switch for the controller. id just look through my settings at this point.

I use nothing but xbox 360 controller my guy

Make sure your controller is corded and has no wireless capability

Make sure it's plugged in BEFORE you even open the PSO client.

before you even open PSO tho, make sure your controllers center thingy is lit up to 1st player. If your xbox center isn't lit up, it's not being accepted. Try different USB ports, and if that doesn't work you'll need to look up a more comprehensive guide. I suggest looking up a guide that connects XBOX CONTROLLER to STEAM.

The setup process would be exactly the same. I had to buy a new offbrand controller to make my PC accept it so I could play Dark Souls.

After you get your controller accepted and connected, the controls wont be where you want them.

You'll need to fight your way into the menu and set up the Pad controls. Pushing in Right Stick will bring up the main menu, and the D-Pad controls menu movements. It starts out lame af because your 'x' and your 'b' are switched, so I suggest changing those to their correct position.

ALSO, make your left bumper your action palette changer, and your right bumper the perspective change

that's what works best for me.

Goodluck my dude