Xbox One Contoller Problem

RizeAbove

Recently found out about this server, and have been playing in non stop for about a week and loving it. I ran into a weird problem however, I am currently using Xbox One controller connected via USB, and using xpadder. Normally playing through the levels, everything works fine, controller works just how I want it. The problem I'm having is that once I start a quest and go into the quest map, I can no longer combo my attacks together(any combo of my 3 basic attacks doesn't work, weak-weak-weak, strong-strong-strong etc). Super fustrating and was wondering do anyone know a fix for this, thanks!

it should be working fine if you are using xpadder but just incase make sure your attacking buttons dont have turbo turned on in xpadder because to combo you need to have the right timing and doing one to early ro to soon will break the combo

Other than turbo functionality, if you are using xpadder entirely for the controls (and not just for supplementing the existing controller support within the game), then you should make sure that the game itself is not also trying to read the controller too (it might be reading input from both controller and xpadder then, interpreting it as pressing the attack button twice in quick succession, and thus locking you out of attacking again from improper timing).

If you are doing solely xpadder for controls, then make sure your controller is NOT plugged in before you start the game, as psobb will only recognize a controller that is plugged in before you start the game and not any that are plugged in afterwards.
If you are trying to simply supplement your controls with xpadder, then the controller does need to be plugged in before you start the game to be recognized, but you need to not redundantly bind many things already covered by the games controls within xpadder, such as the attacks.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

while were here, is there a way to make the triggers work properly? by that i mean make it so they are prev page/camera and next page/action palette change. they dont work in the "in game" options (im guessing because trigger sensitivity makes it not register as a single input properly) so do i have to plug in the controller after launching the game and use xpadder exclusively to get it working as intended?